What manga are you reading now?

Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest ch 142

In Another World With My Smartphone ch 83

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san ch 176

Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san ch 293

Tales of Wedding Rings ch 77

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime ch 111

To Love-Ru Darkness volume 3 - 7 (Colored Edition)

Tsugumomo ch 160

I Don't Know Which Is Love vol 1
A bit of a hectic start to this yuri harem with the 5 "candidates" practically throwing themselves at the MC all in her first day at college! 3 are a bit more OTT than the others, but the MC herself is quite fun and there were some amusing moments.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya vol 5
Endless fun!?
When I saw the title of the arc in this volume I quickly closed it again, finally got round to reading it and it was only 2 chapters! Looking at Wikipedia it was only 1 chapter in the original LN, I knew the anime went a bit extra with it's version, but if the manga was faithful to the LN then the anime went way overboard with it!

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya vol 5
Endless fun!?
When I saw the title of the arc in this volume I quickly closed it again, finally got round to reading it and it was only 2 chapters! Looking at Wikipedia it was only 1 chapter in the original LN, I knew the anime went a bit extra with it's version, but if the manga was faithful to the LN then the anime went way overboard with it!
I actually read about this at the time when Endless Eight was still fresh in our traumatised minds. The anime staff really really messed up on that one. It was apparently a pretty well liked part of the LN. I still can't believe I suffered through those episodes, I must be some kinda masochist.

I actually read about this at the time when Endless Eight was still fresh in our traumatised minds. The anime staff really really messed up on that one. It was apparently a pretty well liked part of the LN. I still can't believe I suffered through those episodes, I must be some kinda masochist.
I remember watching it all in one go in the middle of the night because I couldn't sleep. Feels like I dreamt it when I think back to it now!

I Can't Believe I Slept With You! Vols 1-3 (complete)
A down on her luck mid-20s women, Chiyo, ends up drunkenly sleeping with her younger landlady, Ritsuko, who ends up moving in and offering to accept similar "favours" instead of rent!
This opening feels quite awkward, especially with Chiyo adamant she's straight and Ritsuko coming off as a little forceful in setting up this deal. However it almost immediately changes and feels almost like a bit of domestic bliss with Ritsuko being great at chores and slowly but surely they fall in love. In fact they don't actually have sex again until after Chiyo confesses and the contract completed after she gets back on her feet. With the favours ranging from having a hug to going on dates.
The art was quite nice.
There were some sweet moments and the odd amusing ones too, but the set up could have been better.
7/10

Last edited:
Whispered Words vol 1
I started this as I thought it was another 3 vols and out series. Turns out each volume is a 3-in-1. Also turns out it isn't as breezy a read as the series I read yesterday, so only made it through, I'm guessing, the first volume. MAL says 55 chapters and I stopped at 7.
Anyway, Sumika is a girl who has a crush on her childhood friend, Ushio, but even though her friend is into girls she doesn't see our MC as "cute" so Sumika is firmly in the friend zone and instead of confessing keeps it to herself, so Ushio doesn't know Sumika likes her in that way. It has some funny moments and some bittersweet moments, like Ushio saying "I love you" at one point to Sumika, but she (and we) knows it meant in a platonic way 😢.
It started in 2007, so the art is different to most of the other yuri I've read.

Yuri is My Job vol 4-7 - Okay this is finally clicking for me now. A pretty explicit reveal of Yano being autistic recontextualises a lot of stuff from the previous volumes, and Hime being aromantic makes a hell of a lot of sense as well. This series has such well thought out characters, and the angst is exquisite. Kanoko was a little scary in volume 7 though, to be very reductive it's almost like she had a bit of a yandere turn, which I definitely wouldn't have expected of her. This series has me hooked now, I'm gonna get ahold of the remaining volumes and get my collection up-to date.

Last edited:
Well one of their earlier works, Tokyo Babylon, is just being rereleased by Yen Press if that would interest you.

Are they hardbacks? I am planning to pick up Cardcaptor Sakura's hardback releases at some point, I would also really like to read X/1999 but waiting on a hardback rerelease for that at some point too (typically I don't buy paperback omnibuses as the spines usually end up looking dreadful) :)

EDIT: I looked them up and it looks like they are paperbacks but singles judging by the page count? I will consider it but knowing that so many of Kodansha's CLAMP releases have hardbacks available makes me hesitant in case they are planning to release it in hardcover later :) 🤔

Last edited:
Are they hardbacks? I am planning to pick up Cardcaptor Sakura's hardback releases at some point, I would also really like to read X/1999 but waiting on a hardback rerelease for that at some point too (typically I don't buy paperback omnibuses as the spines usually end up looking dreadful) :)

EDIT: I looked them up and it looks like they are paperbacks but singles judging by the page count? I will consider it but knowing that so many of Kodansha's CLAMP releases have hardbacks available makes me hesitant in case they are planning to release it in hardcover later :) 🤔
They are paperbacks, but with specially designed new covers by Clamp. They are one of several series that have been given Japanese rereleases, but this is the first of those coming out in English.

Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest ch 143 - 144

Hajimete no Gal ch 169 - 171

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord ch 99.1 - 99.3

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san ch 177 (Complete)

Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san ch 294

Magika Swordsman and Summoner ch 54 - 98

Monster Musume ch 82

To Love-Ru Darkness volume 8 - 11 (Colored Edition)

Back