What manga are you reading now?

Asumi-chan is Interested in Lesbian Brothels

Is she?

Just go to the club Asumi-chan

it's less money!!!

I am reading Jojo golden wind

I used to be obsesed with Jojo, and then the new anime happened and the fanbase really put me off because they are quite frankly very annoying

Its weird getting into jojo again. how to describe? its something so different. The change from dragonball to Z was very jarring because i did really like the comedy aspect of dragonball and then Z is something else entirely. I do love Z of course, but it wont ever surpass dragonball I dont think

Jojo asks you to make that challenging change of direction multiple times!!! well. I love stardust crusaders and that is it. hopefully when i keep reading I will eventually fall in love again but jojo you ask a lot of me!

Just finished 'I'm In Love With The Villainess' vol 4 (light novel) by Inori - I am really sad I only have one volume left, because unless it completely fumbles the bag in the last volume, this might actually be my favourite light novel or manga of all time. I am somewhat aware that volume 5 gets a little weird, although I haven't been spoiled as to what happens (vol 3 and 4 dropped some unnerving hints). Gonna probably read the whole thing tomorrow. I have the first of the new spinoff novels ('She's So Cheeky For a Commoner') coming in the post after I finish this, so perhaps starting that (ongoing) series will ease the pain of finishing the main one.

Just finished 'I'm In Love With The Villainess' vol 4 (light novel) by Inori - I am really sad I only have one volume left, because unless it completely fumbles the bag in the last volume, this might actually be my favourite light novel or manga of all time. I am somewhat aware that volume 5 gets a little weird, although I haven't been spoiled as to what happens (vol 3 and 4 dropped some unnerving hints). Gonna probably read the whole thing tomorrow. I have the first of the new spinoff novels ('She's So Cheeky For a Commoner') coming in the post after I finish this, so perhaps starting that (ongoing) series will ease the pain of finishing the main one.
Just finished 'I'm in Love With The Villainess' vol 5 (light novel) by Inori - It's official, this is the best series I have ever read. I am utterly amazed that something which starts with such a comedic sounding premise evolved into such an epic (in the truest sense of the word) love story. Inori is a ******* genius, and given that this is her first series, I am so excited to see what else she can come up with.

Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest ch 129 - 130

Hajimete no Gal ch 153 - 155

In Another World With My Smartphone ch 77

Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san ch 269 - 271

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime ch 105

Wise Man's Granchild ch 76

Yen Press seem to have launched their new website (including Ize Press for manhwa) and novels, audiobooks etc. At a first glance it seems to be easier to navigate than the old one...

Yen Press seem to have launched their new website (including Ize Press for manhwa) and novels, audiobooks etc. At a first glance it seems to be easier to navigate than the old one...
I do wish they had a 'see all' button on the calendar page though, I had to click see more 5-6 times(!) to see all the May releases in one go. 😅 However, I do quite like that the pages for individual volumes, very creative design and everything else in a given series is better grouped together! :)

I do wish they had a 'see all' button on the calendar page though, I had to click see more 5-6 times(!) to see all the May releases in one go. 😅 However, I do quite like that the pages for individual volumes, very creative design and everything else in a given series is better grouped together! :)
Yes, I hadn't realized that you had to keep on clicking down - although I also then found you can specify 'print' or 'digital' etc. for each month (like on the old Kodansha website) which helped a bit.

Goodness, though, they do seem to be mostly releasing everything in print for each month on one day (I thought it was just for after Christmas or something but it seems to be part of their current release set-up). :rolleyes:

Goodness, though, they do seem to be mostly releasing everything in print for each month on one day (I thought it was just for after Christmas or something but it seems to be part of their current release set-up). :rolleyes:
Yeah it has been like that since November or so I think. They certainly always had one day which had the majority of releases on it, but I’d say maybe 70% and not everything like the last (and future) few months. Seems like other days are reserved for titles that have been delayed, like Kowloon #3 which seems to have slipped from the 18th into the following week this month. :(

Seems like other days are reserved for titles that have been delayed, like Kowloon #3 which seems to have slipped from the 18th into the following week this month. :(
I can wait... (sniff) 😢 (Although I'm going to have to review my long-awaited no-show Kodansha titles in digital probably if nothing shows up soon from the last 3-4 months' review requests; at least Yen Press and Square Enix have been pretty reliable on the whole.)

Kanojo no Idea vol 1-3 (end) - Didn't know what to think of it at first because the main character came across as somewhat abrasive, but it developed into a really nice exploration of the trials of what trying to maintain a friendship and then relationship with a celebrity would be like (with the added drama of hiding it from the press as the characters are both girls). It was really sweet in the end, allthough it left a couple plot threads hanging (possibly because it was only three volumes).

Yuri to Koe to Kaze Matoi c1-c23 (end) - Sweet little series about a burgeoning ace/aro relationship. One half of the "couple" (it's left kinda ambiguous) is aro/ace while the other is ace, so there is some light drama in the form of whether the former is able to accept the latter's feelings. Overall though the series is very introspective, asking a lot of questions about the nature of love and what it means to different people. It felt a little like "LGBTQ identities 101" at certain points, but given the subject matter it makes sense that it had to be explicit for the sake of more uninformed readers. Overall it's very lovely and probably the only yuri series I've read which is truly about aro/ace characters other than 'Doughnuts Under a Crescent Moon'.

The Sheep Princess in Wolf's Clothing c1-32 - Fluffy and adorable yuri Butler X Princess romance. Unfortunately there's only one chapter left to release and it feels like the author was rushed into an early conclusion, but I've still really enjoyed my time with this series.

Thw Witch's Marriage c1-41 - Again, a fluffy and adorable yuri series. And I am a sucker for manga about witches so that's two things it has going for it.

Ah, my heart is just full today. What relaxing manga.

Saint? No! I'm just a Passing Beast Tamer volume 3 (LN) - Possibly the end of the series since there hasn't been another volume since this came out mid last year, but I said this back when I read Vol 2 and at the time there had been nothing for two years so we'll see lol. This volume introduced a new fluffy companion for our MC, so I had a lot of fun with it even if that does wind up being the end.

I Only Have Six Months to Live, So I'm Gonna Break the Curse with Light Magic or Die Trying volume 1 (LN) - Still not sure what to make of this one. I enjoyed the first volume but it looks like Vol 2 is heading into a generic magic academy arc so I may end up leaving it be there.

Blood on the Tracks volume 1 - A lot of unanswered questions by the end of this first volume, not entirely sure I have any clue I have any idea what happened. I'll carry on into Volume 2, I just wish I'd had the foresight to stock up on a few volumes since I'm sure it'll make for a better experience reading a few close together.

How Do We Relationship? volume 8 - Still really good, some good movement with the relationships this time around!

Atwight Game (Complete, JP) - New series by the Your Lie in April creator reached its end this week. Feels like it got axed unfortunately, so although I enjoyed my time with it I can't readily recommend it.

My Daughter Left the Nest and Returned an S-Rank Adventurer volume 8 (LN) - Feels like half a volume, which the author even acknowledges at the end and says the storyline was split into two books.

Earl and Fairy volume 1 (LN) - Fans of the Ancient Magus Bride would likely enjoy this series as it mixes supernatural folklore and romance. Very much enjoyed the first book, which is promising given its a 33(!) volume series. Quite heavy on the melodrama at times, which might put some readers off but didn't bother me.

Telework Yotabanashi (complete, JP) - A short series by the Sweat and Soap author about two neighbours who fall in love. Really enjoyed this one and was sad to see it end, hoping Kodansha will give it a nice English release in the near future.

Bungo Stray Dogs: Dead Apple volume 2 - With the anime having just wrapped up it seems like a good time to reexpirence the contents of the movie.

Magic Artisan Dahlia Wilts No More volume 4 - Not the best volume of the series given it focused on the nitty-gritty of establishing a company and production line vs the fun antics we're used to as Dahlia invents new products. Nevertheless I still like it.

Reviews to follow for:
Studio Apartment, Good Lighting, Angel Included volume 2
Something's Wrong With Us volumes 11-12
A Condition Called Love volume 1
Rascal Does Not Dream volume 8 (LN)

East of the Sun and West of the Moon edited by Noel Daniel with illustrations by Kay Nielsen (hardcover reprint by Taschen) - Enjoyable collection of Norwegian folk and fairy tales with gorgeous artwork by a Danish illustrator who also worked on Disney's Sleeping Beauty (regardless of one's overall opinion of the film it's undeniably beautiful), and on the Night on Bald Mountain segment from Fantasia. Fans of Revolutionary Girl Utena and Belladonna of Sadness may also find Nielsen's illustrations to be of interest, they reminded me of the Marcell Jankovics-directed Hungarian animated feature film Janos Vitez as well, and of The Beatles-themed Yellow Submarine :)

Classic Fairy Tales Volume 1 illustrated by Scott Gustafson - Really liked this book as well, the oil-painted illustrations are beautiful, my favourite part was probably the portrayal of Puss in Boots as he is both adorable and dashing here but there's loads of great artwork in this and the fairytales are told well though they are relatively genteel versions - Rumplestiltskin and Cinderella's sisters, for instance, do not meet with the grisly ends from some other versions of these stories here. I might potentially have some complaints about this if this were just a paperback with text and few to no pictures but this book is an immersive experience in it's own right for the lovely paintings so I enjoyed it regardless (and it's def great if you have young kids who don't like things too grim, they'll love the cute animals as much as I did) :)

Last edited:
Norse Myths: Tales of Odin, Thor and Loki by Kevin Crossley-Holland with Illustrations by Jeffrey Alan Love (Hardcover) - I really like how this weaves all the stories together into one longer one that tells a narrative of creation and destruction, rebirth of the world. Some of it I already knew from Sharon Jacksties' excellent Myths of Gods and Goddesses in Britain and Ireland (at least I think that is the book I am remembering!) but you don't read a book like this expecting all of it to be completely new to you, and I think this is an engrossing book that does a great job of bringing these stories to life both through the text and the illustrations - if you have older children or teenagers with an interest in mythology I'd def recommend it, and speaking as an adult reader I didn't feel as though the book was too kiddified - tasteful but not childish, is how I'd put it :)

Sakamoto Days vol 2-4
More fun highjinks but also escalating threat. Its a pretty eclectic mix of characters which makes it more engaging.

Little Witch Academia vol 1-3
Fun and charming accompaniment to the series. A lot of fun and the expressions for Akko alone make it worth it!

Audiobooks
86 vol 2
I thought this would continue after the epilogue of vol 1 but it actually fills in the story between the end of main story of vol 1 and its epilogue. Another good listen that expands the world setting.

Six Sacred Swords by Andrew Rowe
The first book in his third series set in the same world. This series is a direct sequel to the previous one I listened to with our main character starting on his own and having to work things out. A lot of fun and the new characters are great.

Diamantine by Andrew Rowe
The second book in this series and another excellent entry. A bit of a tournament arc book but with a lot going on and the characters in this series are great to hand out with. The book ends on a real bombshell! The next book I'll read by him will be the 3rd book in the first series of his I started.

Alcatraz vs The Evil Librarians dramatised version by Brandon Sanderson
Sanderson's silliest work yet but a lot of fun with some cool world building and entertaining characters.

I'm reading The Secret Garden which is just sooo heccin' magical honestly every few sentences I'm like "WOW!" I wish I had a robin as a friend now 🥰 And the illustrations by Inga Moore are absolutely beautiful (I'm also curious about the Tasha Tudor illustrated version). My copy of The Adventures of Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi as illustrated by Roberto Innocenti arrived a day or two ago so I will likely read that fairly soon as well :)

She Loves to Cook, She Loves to Eat volume 2 - Another really good volume, certainly still glad I was convinced to pick this one up.

Weathering With You volume 3 (complete) - I still don't think this is a good way for newcomers to experience the story, but in the end I've enjoyed my time reading the manga even despite some flaws (mostly the art).

My Hero Academia: Team Up Missions volume 3 - I've taken to picking this one up once it goes into the Shounen Jump vault, as I don't really enjoy it enough to own it. The same is true of this volume, but I did like that we get to see one of the characters from the recent movie for a chapter.

Toilet-bound Hanako-kun volume 17 - Quite big twists in this volume! A shame we're more or less caught up with Japan now as the release schedule is slowing down considerably, but I'm still just as eager to read the next book and find out what's going to happen to our cast.

Only the Villainous Lord Wields the Power to Level Up volume 1 (LN) - I was leaning toward dropping this one as its come around at the same time as quite a few other 'reincarnated into a strategy/rpg game' novels, but I might give it another volume to see where it's going. Honestly I should be better about just letting things go but here I am...

Matcha Made in Heaven volume 5 - It feels like most of what's happening in the story now could be prevented if the leads just talked to one another, but alas that's not meant to be. Still, it's an enjoyable read so as much as I want to knock the characters heads together it's unlikely to make me put it aside anytime soon.

Haibara's Teenage New Game + (LN) volume 3 - A compelling runaway storyline this time around focused on a quieter member of the friend group whose overbearing father finally pushes her to take action. I'm not the biggest fan of the series on the whole, but I can certainly see why it has picked up an award in Japan and grown a small but vocal fanbase.

Continuing on more or less as they were:
Death's Daughter and the Ebony Blade (LN) volume 4
Horimiya volume 13
Lovesick Ellie volume 2

Back