What manga are you reading now?

Double House c1-3 (end)

Genuinely quite surprised by this. A manga from the 90s centring around a transgender woman and it's actually good. The character is well written, has a lovely platonic (for as far as the manga got) relationship with a cis woman nextdoor, and she isn't there purely to have trauma inflicted on her. I'm really really impressed with this.

The problem is, the ******* thing clearly didn't find an audience in the late 90s and abruptly ends on the third chapter at the conclusion of a story about a side character. These characters who I have fallen in love with are just about established only for the rug to be pulled out. Real shame. I honestly think if it had been able to have a few volumes, this could have become a seminal work of queer literature. I am so upset right now.

That sounds rly good I'm sad it wasn't continued also (based on your description) 😕

That sounds rly good I'm sad it wasn't continued also (based on your description) 😕
I genuinely feel like I just read an unfinished manuscript for something that in another timeline would have been celebrated by queer people worldwide, no exagerration. It has concepts in it that aren't being represented in media even now. It was establising a relationship dynamic that would be considered transgressive by a lot of cis people even in 2023. It's like it was plucked out of 2030 and published in 1996.

Farewell to My Alter vol 1 (complete)
A collection of one shots by Nio Nakatani (Bloom into You)
Turns out I've already got 5 out of the 9 from the Éclair yuri anthologies. Of the others my favourite was the title track one shot which is about twins who are so close that they swap with each other all the time, problem is they both fancy the same boy...
7/10

Last edited:
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody ch 94

Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest ch 126 - 127

Hajimete no Gal ch 150

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san ch 169

Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san ch 263 - 265

Slave Harem in the Labyrinth of Another World ch 70

The Rising of the Shield Hero ch 94

Wise Man's Granchild ch 73 - 75

Read 'Bloom Into You Anthology' Vol 2. I'm gonna miss this series, Nakatani Nio put a farewell message at the end of it right after one final original story from herself. Pity I don't really like the look of her latest series.

Just started 'Yuri Life' (standalone volume).

Just read all of 'Come Rain Or Shine'

Had so much promise about mid-way through then dropped the ball a bit in the final volume. Still good but the ending felt very rushed. Has a flash forward in the final chapter which seemed to exist exclusively to provide a very steamy bit of fanservice. It's almost like the mangaka knew the ending was rushed and wanted to offer an olive branch lmao.

Kare Kano Volumes 16-17 - Still engrossed, and now Arima's dad has reappeared! I also loved the funny plans they came up with to protect Arima from his birth mother XD Appreciated that levity in the midst of all the sadness :)

Asumi-chan is Interested in Lesbian Brothels vol 1
A woman lets slip to her friend about the girl that gave her her first kiss, but then moved away. After seeing a photo the friend says she remembers going out with a woman who looked similar and before our heroine has time to think her friend has booked her up for a "date" with a woman picked from a website which might be the old friend from her bio (the photos don't show faces). So our heroine starts sleeping her way through various women in her search for her old friend.

Sounds trashy as hell, but our heroine is on a voyage of discovery and is quite innocent at first before getting more into it. She is quite a likeable character as well. The girls are all different in terms of both attitudes and body type. The action is hot as well 😏

I think there must be a bit of something lost in translation with the title as the women are booked online and then they go to a love hotel for their "date", so there's no brothel as such. The friends says "the Brothels" when remembering where she saw the heroines old friend and then goes online. Maybe the Japanese for those sorts of websites means brothel or the nearest meaning in English to that word is brothel.

Haven't updated in a while but if I put everything it'll take up like half a page.

I just read 'Run Away With Me Girl' vol 1-3 (end) and I think I'm in love. It has such a heavy and grounded story to it that I was really unsettled for the first few chapters, but I am so glad I pushed through. It made me cry about three times in its sixteen chapters, and it has easily cemented itself in my top three. Just an absolute masterpiece, the kind of yuri story where you can really, really tell an actual lesbian wrote it.

Asumi-chan is Interested in Lesbian Brothels vol 1
A woman lets slip to her friend about the girl that gave her her first kiss, but then moved away. After seeing a photo the friend says she remembers going out with a woman who looked similar and before our heroine has time to think her friend has booked her up for a "date" with a woman picked from a website which might be the old friend from her bio (the photos don't show faces). So our heroine starts sleeping her way through various women in her search for her old friend.

Sounds trashy as hell, but our heroine is on a voyage of discovery and is quite innocent at first before getting more into it. She is quite a likeable character as well. The girls are all different in terms of both attitudes and body type. The action is hot as well 😏

I think there must be a bit of something lost in translation with the title as the women are booked online and then they go to a love hotel for their "date", so there's no brothel as such. The friends says "the Brothels" when remembering where she saw the heroines old friend and then goes online. Maybe the Japanese for those sorts of websites means brothel or the nearest meaning in English to that word is brothel.
I'll happily buy volume one of a series to try it out.
Being honest, I bought this for the title but it is certainly one I want to continue with.

Mental health difficulties have lead me away from Kare Kano and it's intense traumas to...

My Love Mix-Up! Volume 1 - It's really lovely to see a bisexual guy as a shoujo anime protagonist and this series is cute, sweet and endearing, with no real villain or "rival" character, which I also liked, has it's funny moments too :)

Read 'The Real Her' vol 1 (end). I enjoyed this quite a lot but I was completely blindsided by it when I started because I was expecting a generic yuri series set in a high school. What I actually got was a yuri series set in a high school, with a sub-dom relationship where one half of the couple gradually gets more into the sadist role in order to please her girlfriend. Genuinely quite delightful and pretty perfect as a one volume manga. Has an absolutely perfect bit towards the end where another girl is trying to seduce her girlfriend, and she shuts her down yelling "Moe is MY servant!"

Last edited:
Not technically manga but I'm gonna count it. Just finished the first three volumes of the Magirevo light novels. I watched last week's episode of the anime and just had to get them, I can't bear to leave those two behind once the anime ends. The next volume is coming out in April and I can't wait, I feel like I'm gonna be following this series for years now. A well developed fantasy world and two adorable lesbians, what more could a girl ask for?

Also just as a quick aside for anime only friends. Next week. You ain't ready. Oh you ain't ready. 😭

Back