What manga are you reading now?

Is this a Zombie really is confusing and to be honest not a very good read, get out while you can.
Finished Karin (Chibi Vampire), it was quite a good story and I liked the after stories. I just wish it wasn't so hard to find the volumes as they mostly seem to be out of print.
Noodle.

D.Gray-Man Volume 4 and 5
I was surprised at how fast-paced the manga actually is in comparison to the anime. Some characters that were fully developed in the anime are barely even seen. There was more filler to the anime than I'd thought (even though I'd thought practically all of Season 2 was filler).
Really excited to get more now, it's rare I find a series I really get into. I've already bought the anime and soundtracks so I'm going to work my way through the manga.

xxxHolic Volume 14 and 15
Realised I never bought 13 >.< but ah well, I know the story anyway, I'll just buy it next time. Yeah, these were great volumes but 15 made me cry! There was a perfect balance between the usual humour and the seriousness the plot needed to get moving. I wish I had volume 16 in my hands right now!

Finished A Certain Scientific Railgun 7 last night.

This is the first volume where I felt I needed to have read Index to fully understand it (mainly because of Kuroko being perfectly fine one chapter, then suddenly in a wheelchair in the next and the random progression of Kongou Mitsuko getting confused and thinking Misaka's name was someone else's, wanting to bring down Misaka who would apparently be the main opposition to her faction idea, to being all okay with Misaka being the Railgun and even participating in the three-legged race with her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Made a start on Sundome. Ok so it's pretty weird but yet there's something about it that makes me want to continue with it.

Now finished Sundome. Glad that I read this as I found it to be a bit sad really. Could have done with a better explanation at the end though unless the series isn't really finished.

21st Century Boys Vol.2

I pretty much spent the last chapter crying just knowing that was it all over.

The end of a terrific series, though, I rank it behind Monster and maybe Pluto as well. All that's left to do now is wait for Billy Bat to get licensed.

Shakugan no Shana Volume 1

Since I've read these all out of order, the improvement in art style is even more obvious to me. It gets much better later in. Got to say I much prefer Yuji's character design in the manga.
Also managed to find Volume 2 for a decent price so that's on the way soon ^-^ just Volume 3 left to get and it's a little harder to find.

Read Onidere. Quite a long Manga that could have been a bit shorter as the story seemed to drag at the end. Overall I'm sure it's a standard plot that has been done many times but this is the first time that I've read it.

Back