What manga are you reading now?

Read Is This a Zombie Vol 2+3. And I have to say that this is quite easily the worst Manga that I have started to read. It's like reading a Manga of Rosario+Vampire based on the Anime but with even less of a plot, not to be confused with the actual Manga of Rosario+Vampire which is actually quite good.

Pandora Hearts Volume 14.

Didn't think I'd manage to read it tonight with all the college work I have but I did it! :D Best volume out in English yet, full of drama and big revelations. And of course, the usual beautiful art.

Nonstarter Noodle said:
Read Is This a Zombie Vol 2+3. And I have to say that this is quite easily the worst Manga that I have started to read.

I'm glad i wasn't the only one to be confused, I thought it was jumping round a lot.

Some more Getbackers, upto volume 22 now, so 2 more volumes of Act 10 (I guess) before it goes into "Infinity Fortress" titled for the first 2 volumes.

Annoyingly it doesn't appear to be on my favourite manga app for my tablet, but is available via the website version, so I will be reading it online to finish the story (as it was a Tokyopops series)

I haven't read the Tokyopop version so I don't know much about the translation, but the Viz versions do contain quite a lot of extras that haven't been seen before.

Durarara! vol 1 (now that the Book Depository have finally delivered vols 1-4, all sent the same day, all individually packaged...)

Just as weird as the anime.

Going to read Bakuman Vol. 18 tonight so from your reaction it sounds like it is going to be good.

Last night read Astro Boy Vol. 4.

A Certain Magical Index, up to chapter 47 with this one and it would appear that some of the things in the Anime were supposed to be in the Manga but were dropped.
Also started to read a Manga called "It's not my fault I'm not popular" or something like that. I'm sure I'm not it's target audience but it's actually turning out to be quite an interesting read.

It's not my fault I'm not popular (Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui!) is great fun, and getting better as it goes along. Be interested to see if the anime adaptation is going to be full length episodes or just 5 minute shorts.

Just read Bakuman #18 - decent enough - only 2 more volumes to go.

Genshiken Season 2 #2 - bit of an eye opener. Oh and Angela cos-playing - yum

Ian Wolf said:
Going to read Bakuman Vol. 18 tonight so from your reaction it sounds like it is going to be good.
dapprman said:

Yeah, Volume 18 was really good, it's been a while since Bakuman really hit any bum notes for me. Is there really only 2 volumes left now? Aww, man.

Nonstarter Noodle said:
Also started to read a Manga called "It's not my fault I'm not popular" or something like that. I'm sure I'm not it's target audience but it's actually turning out to be quite an interesting read.
VoxPhantom said:
It's not my fault I'm not popular (Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui!) is great fun, and getting better as it goes along. Be interested to see if the anime adaptation is going to be full length episodes or just 5 minute shorts.

I like It's Not My Fault... at this point it's very funny, but when I first started reading it I found it terribly depressing and it maybe just hit a little too close to home. I'd imagine the anime will end up being 5 minute episodes, though I would like to see it done Azumanga/Lucky Star style of full length but just breaking up the chapters throughout the episode.

20thCenturyBoy said:
Ian Wolf said:
dapprman said:

Yeah, Volume 18 was really good, it's been a while since Bakuman really hit any bum notes for me. Is there really only 2 volumes left now? Aww, man.

I did spot what I hope is a typo however. In the preview copy I've got it says Volume 19 will be "Available May 2014". I hope they meant 2013.

Back