What Games Are You Playing?

Urgh, that sucks Rosencrantz, had a corrupted save on a 40 odd hour save before so I feel your pain.

Anyway I've been playing Final Fantasy 15, I can't say I'm impressed by it thus far (and as a HUGE fan of the series, that makes me really sad :().

I'm really hoping the combat gets harder at somepoint in the near future as up until now it's hold circle and press forward til you win....

The game doesn't exactly look good either, although I guess I didn't really expect it to, but on the plus side I've not had any framerate issues (You know, bar 30fps not being 60fps....), and while I was sad there is no female party member (what can I say? I love my Final Fantasy ladies...) the 4 boys are pretty great, especially Prompto (the smile on my face when we finished a fight and he started singing the Fanfare theme lol).

I'm not sure anyone should go into this without seeing Kingsglaive and Brotherhood though, not because it's 100% needed but it's certainly gonna help.

Anyway I'm not gonna make up my mind on it already but gonna hold off on playing more until the patch that's coming that adds some stuff.

Last edited:
Well i'm still grinding on hollow realization just finished Kleins max affection trophy. each max trophy takes like 6 hours and theres 12 to go *sigh*

While doing those you do work towards other trophies but its even worse than the Hyperdevotion Noire lily grind.

I will succeed but it's kinda sucky...

Been playing a few games.

Bound by Flame. Pretty much a midmarket Souls game. The weapon customisation options are really nice, with varied boosts, but you can tell this game had a low budget. Very few enemy types. Terrible voice acting. Clunky animations. Still, been fun for a £5 game.

Assassins Creed Syndicate. Been ok. I can't say I like either of the lead characters and I'd struggle to call them assassins, since 9/10 missions have them non-assassin jobs (then again, you could say that about every game in the series after 2). The setting looks really nice, even if they have to shoehorn the usual tall important synchronise building, like every other game in the series.

Batman Arkham Knight. This game is really purdy. Spent several minutes just staring at the opening shot. The action is as fluid as ever. The stealth sections are always a blast, just too bad they're even more limited. The voice acting is great. The Batmobile is really fun to drive... for the first 10 minutes, then you realise how much of a chore it is. They really shoehorned that car into every possible thing.

Attachments

• IMG_2178.JPG
    IMG_2178.JPG
    719.4 KB · Views: 1
Tales of Graces f

Well, for the first time in almost 30 hours, I just rage quit. So far, this game hasn't really been hard, but in what I think is the final dungeon, the difficulty has skyrocketed. Even just the random encounters are difficult, with battles taking about double the length they used to. Enemies have way more health, and their moves are, in turn, are way more damaging. For the first time, I'm actually getting KO'd in random battles. Then there's the mini bosses. I've come across two so far, and both of them have been rock solid. The first one I got by, but the second one, I had one go, then just had to put the controller down. It had, if I'm remembering right, almost 10,000 hp, and attacks capable of wiping out 2/3 of your health bar in one go. I could be making it easier by using items, but I don't want to leave myself resourceless for the final boss battle, as I'm guessing there won't be any way to buy items before then.

I had intended to have Tales of Graces F finished by the time FFXV arrived, but I've been busy with other things so I'll just have to put Graces on hold until I'm done with FF. The gameplay mechanics are pretty straight-forward so I should be able to pick up where I left off easily enough. I'm not sure how many hours I've played, only eight or nine I think, but I've just passed through the first (I assume) of those underground dungeons with the moving platforms and arrived at the town beyond it. I think I should have set the difficulty higher than easy as I'm not finding this at all challenging, even the bosses are nothing more than a nuisance and that's with my amateurish attempts at combat.
Pascal is best girl btw.

Gah, well that's the last time I order something direct from the Square Enix online store. Final Fantasy XV didn't arrive today. Why they decided to trust the Deluxe Edition with bog standard Royal Mail is beyond me.

Been playing the single player campaign for Titanfall 2. Really quite impressed with it! Each new chapter introduces some cool new gameplay mechanic and it's really fun figuring out how to use them. Combat in Titans is also ridiculously satisfying.

Tales of Graces f

Well, I finished it! Total game time was around ~35 hours or so. Considering I really wasn't feeling it initially, I enjoyed this game a lot in the end. I am quite glad it ended up being on the shorter end of the JRPG spectrum, clocking in under 40 hours. I'll admit, towards the end, I was getting a little bit sick of the combat, and fights were feeling more like chores. If this had gone on for another 10 or 20 hours, I'm not sure I would have ended up beating it. Also, when I say I beat it, I beat the main game. Reading around on the web, it seems there is some extra content added for the PS3 version called Lineage and Legacies. Not sure I'll actually play that right away. As I said, I was getting a little tired, so to play even more at this point would probably be a bad idea. I'll probably revisit it in a couple of months.

Gah, well that's the last time I order something direct from the Square Enix online store. Final Fantasy XV didn't arrive today. Why they decided to trust the Deluxe Edition with bog standard Royal Mail is beyond me.

The Deluxe Edition was just a standard product you could buy from any other retailer. I think that's why they gave it to Royal Mail.

I was very surprised GAME got me my copy on release day. Shame I can't play it, and haven't finished WoFF yet. (I'm so busy at the moment.)

I've given Final Fantasy XV a good couple of hours play and I'm liking it lots. Slowly getting used to the battle system (I'm terrible at defending, I like going in all aggressive and slash everything in sight). Also like the extras such as uploading pictures that Prompto takes.

Yup I'm struggling to find time to fit FF XV in too - got about 5 or so hours in on the first day and I'm still on chapter 3 or 4. The battle system is super satisfying though, so looking forward to more of it.

There are chapters in FFXV? I must still be in chapter 1 then :rolleyes:
My experiences so far mirror Gemsy's to an uncanny degree, especially in my approach to combat (I'm still struggling to get the evade button to do anything). I love all the little details, each character's mannerisms and such, it really shows that this game's very long development process has been put to good use.
Now if you will excuse me, I have just discovered fishing is in this game and (just like in NieR) I am hooked ;)

The PS4 version of Skyrim was on sale, so I gave in. I already have two characters (both low level), one is an Archer that will probably join the Dawnguard for those cool crossbows and the other is an Assassin who kills people with professional wrestling. It's a shame that unarmed isn't a proper skill tree, especially since the developers did put some effort in to have finishing moves that use unarmed.

Since I've played most of the game before, it was a little more difficult to decide what to do (and I can be indecisive as it is). I was worried that I might find things boring if I just turned it into a checklist of re-doing things but I managed to relax and just let things happen. Even knowing a lot of the world and quests, there are still plenty of random elements that allow for fun and there's some decent opportunities to mess with the systems try out different approaches to getting things done.

Been trying out Quest for Infamy, it's a relatively new game done very much like how the a Quest for Glory or Sierra online scales were back around in the 90s so it's meant to look like one of the early point and Click Adventures. In the early part of the game, form what I've been able to try so far, your main character can choose between specialties of a rogue sorcerer or brigand so that then gives you different opportunities how to complete later quests so give that replayability as well.
I really should get back into the metal gear solid somewhere

So i'm just under 30 hours of game time with Final Fantasy XV now and i've got used to the combat system (i suggest people use wait mode as its very handy) and i'm now quite good at defending and parrying. Most of the game play time is from side quests, i usually hate doing side quests in games but i really like them in this one. I still love the extra of Prompto's pictures (my twitter feed is littered with ones i've shared) and l love how the characters interact with one another in such ordinary/mundane ways.

I think i'll do a couple more side quests and then go and get my third armigar.

About 18 hours into FFXV, just entered the dungeon behind the waterfall last night (at level 25). Had to quit when the game glitched and wouldn't enter combat mode any more, will try again tonight. The first 15 hours or so were largely glitch free, but recently I'm noticing an increasing number of issues, mostly involving the camera going weird. It doesn't help that the camera has a mind of it's own at the best of times, it's tough to fight a Ronin in a narrow cave when the camera is obsessed with getting a close up view of the cave wall. I am getting better at the combat though, and have discovered how powerful magic can be if used as an opening gambit in battle.
I do love cruising about in the car listening to the old FF soundtracks though, the game was worth buying just for that. Well, that and the fishing.

About 18 hours into FFXV, just entered the dungeon behind the waterfall last night (at level 25). Had to quit when the game glitched and wouldn't enter combat mode any more, will try again tonight. The first 15 hours or so were largely glitch free, but recently I'm noticing an increasing number of issues, mostly involving the camera going weird. It doesn't help that the camera has a mind of it's own at the best of times, it's tough to fight a Ronin in a narrow cave when the camera is obsessed with getting a close up view of the cave wall. I am getting better at the combat though, and have discovered how powerful magic can be if used as an opening gambit in battle.
I do love cruising about in the car listening to the old FF soundtracks though, the game was worth buying just for that. Well, that and the fishing.
Wow I was 35 hours and level 41 before I did the dungeon in the waterfall.

Just done chapter 4 and fought Titan and now on chapter 5 and you loose the car (do as many side quests as you can before chapter 4) but luckily I can rent chocobos to get places.

Wow I was 35 hours and level 41 before I did the dungeon in the waterfall.

Just done chapter 4 and fought Titan and now on chapter 5 and you loose the car (do as many side quests as you can before chapter 4) but luckily I can rent chocobos to get places.
Level 41? That dungeon must have been a cakewalk then. I just did it and found it easy at 25, then went straight into the Titan battle and am now stood outside Ramuh's lair ready to go in tomorrow at level 31 (mainly to move the story along so I can get the car back at some point, there are still loads of sidequests waiting to be done, and using Chocobo's to get about is too slow).

Special moment of the day: when I got lost in the ice caves and Ignis called me out on it, I had to laugh. It's all those little touches that make this game more than the sum of it's parts.

So I couldn't resist it, and last week I got the new Final Fantasy game. I got to say, I've been playing for about 14 hours or so, and I'm finding it utterly charming so far. A great 'holiday from the world kind of game' which is exactly what I wanted. I was initially a bit put off buying by the bland looking characters, thinking that might be representative of the game as a whole, but actually the game is bloody quirky, surprisingly so for the biggest JRPG in the world's latest and possibly last big attempt to draw a mainstream audience back to the ailing franchise. It's a gloriously puzzling but sweet little game really, and in many ways it's like Final Fantasy x Deadly Premonition. I'm loving it. So far, and bellied by the "EPIC QUEST TO RECLAIM YOUR KINGDOM" written on the box, the game seems absolutely more concerned with the smaller scale 'sweet times with your mates roadtrip' vibe with all the epic stuff vaguely happening off somewhere else so far, and I really like this direction. Ok the Kingdom has fallen, ALL I WANT TO DO IS FISH AND GET PROMPTO TO TAKE CUTE SCENIC SNAPS. Sure, the story lacks the bite that Final Fantasy 13 had (from the few hours I played at least) but the rapport between the four friends is really great and you genuinely never feel alone, they've really captured the companionship element.

The other great element for me is the world itself. Again, I'm sure it's a bit more grounded than past Fantasies, but that's kind of what makes it, the incongruous blend of 50s Americana with more traditional Final Fantasy staples really works. It's just a lovely vivid world to cruise around and soak up. That mash up of elements, and even the slightly aimless roadtrip vibe also has a Trigun feel about it as well, which obviously is going to go down well with me :)

Can't wait to play more of this tomorrow. I'm pretty sure this is going to go down as one of my favourite Final Fantasys to date, though I haven't played that much of the rest of the series to be fair.

Although, I have to mention, Cindy, man what where they thinking when they thought her up. I cringe every time.

Back