What Games Are You Playing?

Driveclub. Towards the end of the "main campaign" this has been getting bit too much for me. There's not much room for error if you want to win because you are mostly driving same or same level cars and the AI drives pretty efficiently. You get to experience that old school joy here of crashing at the end of the race and losing because of it.

But it's a great racer eventhough it's not really my kind of racer.

Been playing Mad Max and Assassins Creed: Syndicate. Finished up Amnesia a couple of days ago.

Mad Max is a pretty simple game, but I really like the vehicular combat. It's too bad the game is hella-repetitive and the story is literally just 10 missions.

Assassins Creed Syndicate is better than Unity, but it's still one of the weakest in the series. I miss the days of 1 and 2.

After finishing Amnesia my favourite routes are probably Kent and Toma.
During Kent's route, I liked that the heroine was in control more often than the other routes, since Kent is the one who wants to win you over. For Toma, I guess it was so f***ed up that if was entertaining lol.

Been a while since I have properly played a game lol.

I have finished One Piece: Pirate Warriors and One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 for the PlayStation 3. Both games have their story modes completed and nothing else, due to the amount of time it would require to fully 100% the game or acquire the Platinum trophy. Both games are fun Dynasty Warrior spin-offs; the first one is slightly original in terms of the gameplay while also covering the manga arcs up to the aftermath of the Paramount War (Marineford), however I felt it was too repetitive for the individual Another Log modes which fried my head at times. The difficulty was also pretty tough as well. Pirate Warriors 2 was much better and basically kept the Dynasty Warriors template and added in One Piece characters and maps. The game also covered an original storyline but you will need knowledge of up to Punk Hazard arc to understand where the characters or maps come from.

Overall Pirate Warriors was a fun game but Pirate Warriors 2 is the better instalment. I'm curious to see how Pirate Warriors 3 fares as I heard it covers all of the manga arcs up to Dressrosa with an original end (due to Dressrosa not being finished at the time that the game was in development).

I have also finished the story campaign for Miracle Girls Festival for the PlayStation Vita. I've had the game on hold for a tad bit but I finally finished the last Tour level. I have also unlocked the rest of the songs so I'll be aiming for a Platinum with this title since it's relatively easy (you do have to go through all of the songs on every difficulty but Easy and Medium are restricted to the TV size version which will hopefully speed things up).

The following games left to sort out:
  • Corpse Party [Vita] - ETA 10 Hours
  • Corpse Party: Book of Shadows [Vita] - ETA 13.5 Hours
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 HD [PS4] - ETA 23 Hours
  • Final Fantasy XV [PS4] - ETA 25 Hours
  • Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD [PS3] - ETA 18 Hours
  • Senran Kagura: Estival Versus [PS4] - ETA 16.5 Hours (Aiming for Platinum so: 33.5 Hours)
  • Steins;Gate 0 [PS4] - ETA 22 Hours
  • Sword Art Online: Lost Song [PS4] - ETA 26.5 Hours
  • The Wolf Among Us [PS4 ~ Digital] - ETA 10.5 Hours
  • Yakuza 5 [PS3 ~ Digital] - ETA 42.5 Hours
  • Yakuza: Dead Souls [PS3] - ETA 14 Hours

Just played through the single Steam sale game I could afford; The Uncertain: Episode 1 - The Last Quiet Day. Now I just have to sob quietly as everything else I wanted goes back up to full price.

It's nice to see this kind of relatively simple adventure game again. Even if it was a quick one sitting play-through, I'd certainly recommend it to fans of the genre. The story and nicely realised world already has me intrigued and if they can work on increasing the complexity of their puzzles a bit I can see the full game being pretty decent. There's still a bit too much find object > pick up object > use object without much need for combining or thinking outside the box, and I'm pretty sure I beat one area of the game in which you have to cross a turret guarded room, there was a security robot behind a hatch the PC suggested could be "used for cover" but I couldn't find a way to move it so I just legged it and survived with complete dumb luck rather than strategy.

So, just finished the Platinum on Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization. So here is my plot spoiler-free review. (There will be mechanical spoilers though, so I can bitch about the grinds heh)

Time of completion, just over 148 hours. They did make a couple of the grinds less bad in patch 1.03 but I'm not sure if that would have saved that much time as the last grind i completed was buying 200 skills, which they didn't soften. Still, what with needing to Max out affection with a LOT of characters (all the usual suspects, 2 characters I won't name due to spoilers, and bloody Agil and Klein (just why?)) it might have pushed it out a bit. Probably with maximum efficiency you are looking at 100-120 hours for the Platinum I guess.

Anyway, it is back to the Hollow Fragment style rather than Lost Song, plot, gameplay and grindwise. The main game is comparable in size to the Hollow Area from Hollow Fragment, i'd guess, but the big new plus is the affection system tweaks, if you can excuse the grind. Basically when you praise someone now for an action it will have an atribute such as Fiery, Cool, Outlaw, Sexy, etc and as you raise these the AI skills/behaviour changes and new options open up (Like Tsundere can open up Sexy with enough praise... looking at you there Liz!) and if you make a characater right they can be pretty damn useful.
You can also party up with hundreds of NPCs and make them all your friends. (I reckon I added 15 or so hours to my time making sure every female character was at Friendly with me... yes I know i'm lame)

Plotwise main storyline held my interest and didn't seem out of place. The legacy characters all act in character so it's like seeing a bunch of old friends again. Best Girl will of course depend on your SAO preference, this game ain't going to change it, but I have a soft spot for Philia myself out of the newbies... there are plenty of subquests with each girl of course, as is par for the course.

Worst bit about the grind is the needing 200 skills for a trophy, that requires a LOT of skillpoints, more than you could possibly get playing the game normally. Second worst grind is a legendary weapon, because the drop rate is ass. They buffed it a bit in ptahc 1.03 but you are still looking at 10+ hours of mindless grinding dragons or bees. And then in the most mechanically stupid idea you take it to Liz, who has a 60% failure rate in combining the items. Save scumming ahoy! Seriously, who is going to fail that and grind 10+ hours again? If it was like Hollow Fragment and it saved when you used the blacksmith and Liz blew my Dragon Scales i would have chained her up and sold her off to cover the cost, and not to somewhere nice...

The affection grind can largely be done during the game if you switch heroines (and of course Klien and Agil, bleh) regularly, with maybe a bit of topup at the end. That leave stwo horrible hidden skills to unlock. Soaring slash and Righteous Cross. PROTIP Soaring slash requires 2200 sword chains to unlock (down from 4200 prepatch) but unlike hollow realization the mechanic is never explained or mentioned, so make sure you use combo chains from the start and you'll have no issue. It makes the game easier too. Righteous cross involves a lame grind that unless you use a shield a lot will suck though...

Overall game rating is a solid 7, but the grind ranking is a 9 (maybe even a 10 pre-patch).

It has an expansion coming out bringing back some characters from Lost Song, so i'll pop back to clear that. If anyone needs any help in Multiplayer though, let me know and I can help with some of the evil grinding!

Completed Final Fantasy XV (84 hours playtime, Level 68). Or the main story at least. I'll be going back to Lucis and Altissia for the post-game content (flying car!).
I was really impressed by Noctis' voice acting over the last few chapters, his transition from slightly annoying child to King was very well done and in the last scenes of the game he spoke with real authority, which is a remarkable change from how he was earlier. The character's could have done with more character building as only Noctis really got anything substantial, but hopefully the upcoming DLC will help counter that particular shortcoming.
It has lots of little elements that make it special, and a few areas where it struggles, but on balance I really like it and enjoyed my time playing it. A solid 8/10 from me.

Platinum acquired! I have acquired all of the trophies for the Japanese import; Miracle Girls Festival for the PlayStation Vita.

The rhythm game has been a decent challenge but the 'Complete All Songs on All Difficulties' scratched my head a fair bit. It turns out that you have to finish the TV size versions on Easy, Medium, Hard, Extreme, Expand-Hard and Expand-Extreme (Expand is where you don't see the notes until the last mili-second) plus the Full versions on Hard and Extreme (there is no Easy and Medium). Thankfully the TV size versions are literally 1 minute 30 seconds each time but it can be very repetitive each time.

So here's the current Platinum progress in total:
#01 | PS3 | 2014 - Saints Row: The Third (+ All DLC)
#02 | PS3 | 2015 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
#03 | PS3 | 2015 - Hyperdimension Neptunia
#04 | Vita | 2015 - Dekamori Senran Kagura (JP Import - Senran Kagura Bon Appetit!)
#05 | PS3 | 2015 - Steins;Gate
#06 | PS3 | 2015 - NieR
#07 | PS3 | 2015 - No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise
#08 | PS3 | 2015 - Asura's Wrath - DLC Trophies not acquired
#09 | PS3 | 2015 - Saints Row IV - DLC Trophies not acquired
#10 | PS3 | 2015 - The Darkness II
#11 | PS3 | 2016 - Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2
#12 | PS3 | 2016 - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD
#13 | Vita | 2016 - Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
#14 | Vita | 2016 - Gravity Rush - DLC Trophies not acquired
#15 | PS3 | 2016 - Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
#16 | PS4 | 2016 - Resogun
#17 | Vita | 2016 - Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
#18 | PS4 | 2016 - Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game
#19 | Vita | 2017 - Miracle Girls Festival

As for what I could Platinum next, well there's the story-focused games; Root Letter, Steins;Gate 0 and Wolf Among Us for the PlayStation 4. Those obviously won't be an issue whatsoever. There's also Senran Kagura Estival Versus which will take some time but shouldn't be too much of a problem.

So I finally started Pokemon Sun, it's okay I guess but the whole clean your Pokemon thing is really starting to annoy me lol like why? Do people actually enjoy it? It's just an annoyance for me tbh, I get you don't have to do it but I feel I'm missing something if I don't get the benefits that come from it :s anyway I'm not actually all that far in so hopefully it opens up a bit soon.

I also played the Nier Automata demo, I'll be there day 1 for sure.

So I finally started Pokemon Sun, it's okay I guess but the whole clean your Pokemon thing is really starting to annoy me lol like why? Do people actually enjoy it? It's just an annoyance for me tbh, I get you don't have to do it but I feel I'm missing something if I don't get the benefits that come from it :s anyway I'm not actually all that far in so hopefully it opens up a bit soon.

I also played the Nier Automata demo, I'll be there day 1 for sure.

For the Pokemon Refresh, as soon as you get access to Pokemon Beans, feed them 2 of the rainbow variety and it will give you all the Pokemon refresh benefits.

I decided to go ahead and finish off the last remaining songs I had with the Future Sound expansion for Hatsune Miku Project Diva Arcade Future Tone. It's a pretty big expansion with 127 songs included so it took this long to sort it out (well in actuality I could have finished it months ago but I was occupied).

I do plan on getting Colorful Tone later on but not right now.

Nearing the end of Darksiders now, been a long ride which was not expected, as it was predominantly because of glitches and memory leaks(if you haven't guessed, i'm playing on PC). The remastered edition is buggy all round but seems to have cleared up a bit now. I'm 10 hours into the game(actual gametime) and it's pretty easy going. Combat is great fun and such, just need to get the final 4 artifacts i'm missing, get the abyssal armor and i'm done. Game is bested.

Also working on Pokemon Sun - because everyone else in the house has Moon. So much fun and feels a lot better than i expected. First time back to Pokemon since Platinum/Heart Gold. Feel kinda glad i missed the other iterations but this has really brought me back to the series. Feel rather good with it, but i don't make much progress for catching everything in an area i can at the time. So there we go. Currently with 3 Z crystals and 36 caught. Not bad if you ask me.

Finally, I've decided to focus on Deception IV: Blood Ties on Vita. I feel like i've neglected it for so long i should get it worked on now. Feels like an easy to beat game once you get the hang of it, just need to capture as much as i can! Though i feel like i should just get the later version instead and restart since that has all the stuff of the original + some. Shall see

gJx9Icy.jpg

As you can see I've finished the main story of Final Fantasy XV. Now to do all the extra stuff in the epilogue (chapter 15).

C2Ov1A3XEAAXi7E.jpg

Platinum acquired! I have acquired all of the trophies for Senran Kagura Estival Versus for the PlayStation 4.

This was easier than I had expected but it still took its time thanks to the Shinobi Girl's Heart campaigns. The more characters equals the more individual character missions, so be prepared with future instalments. The story itself was pretty good also, and it's all under one huge campaign rather than four campaigns focusing on each group. The controls I found to be wonky at first but once you level up its gotten much better, however characters with guns will most certainly cause you trouble due to their weak attacks.

So here's the current Platinum progress in total:
#01 | PS3 | 2014 - Saints Row: The Third (+ All DLC)
#02 | PS3 | 2015 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
#03 | PS3 | 2015 - Hyperdimension Neptunia
#04 | Vita | 2015 - Dekamori Senran Kagura (JP Import - Senran Kagura Bon Appetit!)
#05 | PS3 | 2015 - Steins;Gate
#06 | PS3 | 2015 - NieR
#07 | PS3 | 2015 - No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise
#08 | PS3 | 2015 - Asura's Wrath - DLC Trophies not acquired
#09 | PS3 | 2015 - Saints Row IV - DLC Trophies not acquired
#10 | PS3 | 2015 - The Darkness II
#11 | PS3 | 2016 - Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2
#12 | PS3 | 2016 - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD
#13 | Vita | 2016 - Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
#14 | Vita | 2016 - Gravity Rush - DLC Trophies not acquired
#15 | PS3 | 2016 - Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
#16 | PS4 | 2016 - Resogun
#17 | Vita | 2016 - Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
#18 | PS4 | 2016 - Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game
#19 | Vita | 2017 - Miracle Girls Festival
#20 | PS4 | 2017 - Senran Kagura Estival Versus

C1xXlLDXEAA3eJE.jpg

Gratz on the Platinum heh. I found that one easy enough to earn too, only annoying thing was finding all the hidden special KO thingymajigies.

I assume you'll be Peach Beach Splashing on release as well? *smile*

Back