What Games Are You Playing?

Making solid progress on GalGun Double Peace now. Got the biggest skill related trophy Gal God for getting the highest possible rank, and just have the grind to fill out all the girls... And two idiot check touchpad trophies which should be easy but i am finding a real ballache.

Oh well daresay i'll crack and Plat in the next week or so

Started playing Dead or Alive 5 Last Round and Gravity Rush Remastered.

Gravity Rush is pretty cool with its gravity gameplay, but I have a hard time playing it for more than an hour at a time. Not a lot of variety to it.

I last played DOA5 when it was one of the PS+ games on PS3. Bought it on PS4 since it was cheap. I'll need to brush up on my Dominatrix Waifu Christie. :oops:

I seem to be starting a lot of new games without finishing other games. I hate when I do that...

I finished The Wolf Among Us last night, effectively acquiring my 21st Platinum trophy. Overall this has been a really good Telltale game, the story is interesting and the direction it went was really cool. I believe there is no second season planned which is a shame but it is a prequel to the Fables comic series so there's still plenty to learn for the franchise.

In the meantime I have also finished The Last Blade 2, with all of the trophies acquired but no Platinum (there isn't one). It's a cool SNK fighting game but man it's pretty difficulty at times. I picked it up from the PSN January sale so I got my money's worth.

I also tried out Harmonix's Amplitude remake. This game is really cool, but the controls take some use to. It is pretty brutal on the Expert difficulty and as much as I want to Platinum this game, it's hard as hell. The main issue I have is when the buttons go into a zig-zag like line which makes the button pressing really difficult, especially as you have to perfect a section in order to earn the points and keep a streak going. The 15 song campaign is tough and I've so far managed to get to around Song 9 which isn't too bad but not enough to beat it. The campaign is actually 12 songs but you have to unlock the other three by earning 10 of 12 blocks (each song is up to 3 blocks).

Gratz on another plat!
Speaking of said Platinums, just got mine on Gal Gun Double Peace (Number 28 for me... wish i had more time for games but anime takes up 70% of my free time heh) and am back up to 100% trophy completion. Just in time for Fate: Umbral Star heh.

Anyway, Gal Gun was reasonably enjoyable, if you like cute anime schoolgirls. It isn't particularly hard, but there's a reasonable amount of content, although the lazy devs didn't put subtitles for some of the cutscene speech, so i must deduct a point for that. It's probably a six rating overall, and a five for Platinum difficulty.

I've been playing a bit more Skyrim recently, it's kind of amazing just how terrible the beginning of the Dawnguard questline is. You find a mysterious individual who carries a rare and powerful item and was possibly the target of your enemies, so you take them "home" to the spooky castle that no one goes to and that turns out to be filled with some major potential threats (that you don't bother dealing with). Even the developers seem to realise how silly it is, the boss of the Dawnguard comments on it when you get back. It wouldn't be so bad but you're pretty much forced to go along with things to get the questline moving.

On the plus side, the Dawnguard are a fun bunch with cool outfits and crossbows (plus some nifty spells, if you like that sort of thing). There's another faction you can join but they have kind of terrible appearance options and don't really offer anything worthwhile (they could be fun if you play a particular way and don't worry about the details too much).

I suppose the extra content basically follows the same patterns as the games as a whole, the main questlines aren't perfect but there's still some fun with the side quests, exploring and so on. In fairness, some of the Dawnguard questline is pretty good once you get going and there is some nice lore development. Dawnguard is actually one of my favourite parts of the game really, although that's probably mostly because of the cool outfits (there's even some extra beyond the faction specific ones). Saying that, Dragonborn isn't entirely a slouch when it comes to outfits either.

Been a while since I spoke on here, I have played a few more games.

C2yJ-CPWEAAq3Je.jpg

C2tLc63XUAEegKM.jpg

C2lX4s4XcAM5nAD.jpg

Final Fantasy XV [PlayStation 4]
I can't remember if I had actually talked about this game on here, but either way despite it's 10 year cycle Final Fantasy XV is a great game with some unfortunate issues. Gameplay-wise it's honestly fantastic, sure it's basically a re-skined dark modern Final Fantasy version of Kingdom Hearts but considering it was meant to be a spin-off game (Versus XIII) it works. It did take some use to after a while but I was hooked as the early chapters went along. Once you get access to Chapter 3 you can basically do anything which is great. One of my favourite parts of the gameplay is the EXP system, where you store the amount and once you rest it'll level you up, but it gets even better if you go to a resting place which gives you a multiplier (most are 1.2 & 1.5 but there's one at Galdin Guay with 2.0). The chocobos were also fun to ride and the car is pretty cool too, just don't go out at night unless you're at a high level because you will get slaughtered lol.

Now you may ask where I found there to be issues? First up is the Survival Level Skill, it's way too long than it should be. The idea is that you have to walk and run around without jumping, using vehicles or teleporting. I have no issue with the idea itself but it's overstayed its welcome when you compare it to Fishing, Cooking and Photography. They should have toned it down especially as the second half of the game is rather short. The other issue I have is in fact the story, which is disappointing in general. The first half (aka the open-world stuff) is perfectly fine in my opinion because it helps set up the world, plot and characters around you. But once you reach the boat and begin the linear part it goes from a simple story to a overwhelming trainwreck with many rushed situations and the infamously torturous Chapter 13 where so much **** happens it's making you ask more questions than it should be. Chapter 14 was thankfully a nice end to the game but I'm disappointed they had to rush this game out just because it's been in development for too long.

Overall the game is an 8/10 because the gameplay does make up for the disappointing story, oh and make sure you watch Kingsglaive because you'll be less confused otherwise. Anywho some of you may be asking about the trophies that this game has - it's surprisingly easy. In fact this is my 22nd Platinum trophy after spending over 69 hours on the game, 40 of which were towards the story and side-quests. I recommend you get to Level 50 before taking the boat (you'll know what I mean when you get to it) because Chapters 13 & 14 do have tough enemies that will frustrate you if you are not prepared. The turtle boss is not too bad but I recommend you prepare yourself by grabbing some powerful daggers, a ton of Power/Strength accessories and potions, a couple health items and make use of the Royal Arms weapons to double the damage. It took me about 40 minutes to beat it.

A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV [PlayStation Network]
This game came with my Deluxe Edition copy via GAME and it's a surprisingly decent side-scroller. The game is short and simple to control while the animation is really retro and cool. There is no Platinum but so far I've just finished the story. You don't need to play this first in case you're wondering.

C3IveueWMAE-yvh.jpg

C3I2g74WMAUPBMc.jpg

The iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars [PlayStation 4]
I had a quick play through this new game I imported from Japan. The iDOLM@STER is a franchise I wanted to own for some time and when I found out Platinum Stars was coming to PS4 I figured I'll start there. It's actually a toned-down version compared to the previous instalments in a sense that you won't be punished and the choices won't hurt you this time around. The Story Mode so far is essentially you as a producer help train these idol girls, from one girl to another and essentially grows to a group. I started with Miki and eventually selected Takane and Iori. I haven't ventured through the campaign mode much but my god the visuals and gameplay are so detailed (in addition it's 1080p and 60 frames per second). The songs actually have two forms; a rhythm part and a PV like Camera mode. The rhythm part is gameplay like IA/VT Colorful and Project Diva by pressing the correct button on the screen, while the Camera mode is you watching them perform and change the camera angles during the performance. Considering I picked this up for £38 on Solaris Japan it's worth a shot.

Also that neko pose is just ******* KAWAII DESU AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Next up on my backlog I have:
  • Akiba's Trip 2: Undead & Undressed
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (On-Hold as the disc is at home)
  • Gravity Rush Remastered [Aiming for Platinum!]
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven (On-Hold due to not being caught up with the manga)
  • Root Letter [Aiming for Platinum!]
  • Steins;Gate 0 [Aiming for Platinum!]
  • Sword Art Online: Lost Song
So here's the current Platinum progress in total:
#01 | PS3 | 2014 - Saints Row: The Third (+ All DLC)
#02 | PS3 | 2015 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
#03 | PS3 | 2015 - Hyperdimension Neptunia
#04 | Vita | 2015 - Dekamori Senran Kagura (JP Import - Senran Kagura Bon Appetit!)
#05 | PS3 | 2015 - Steins;Gate
#06 | PS3 | 2015 - NieR
#07 | PS3 | 2015 - No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise
#08 | PS3 | 2015 - Asura's Wrath (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#09 | PS3 | 2015 - Saints Row IV (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#10 | PS3 | 2015 - The Darkness II
#11 | PS3 | 2016 - Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2
#12 | PS3 | 2016 - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD
#13 | Vita | 2016 - Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
#14 | Vita | 2016 - Gravity Rush (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#15 | PS3 | 2016 - Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
#16 | PS4 | 2016 - Resogun
#17 | Vita | 2016 - Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
#18 | PS4 | 2016 - Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game
#19 | Vita | 2017 - Miracle Girls Festival
#20 | PS4 | 2017 - Senran Kagura Estival Versus
#21 | PS4 | 2017 - The Wolf Among Us
#22 | PS4 | 2017 - Final Fantasy XV

Nice, Grav. I just finished Gravity Rush this week and platinumed it when I got back from work. It's, honestly, really easy to platinum. Gameplay wise it's fun, but gets tedious the closer you get to the end.

Have a few other games I'm playing that I could probably platinum, but I'm not motivated enough to play all of them. DOA Last Round and Saints Row 4 look like they'd be a cakewalk to platinum.

I've had Phantom Pain lying around, so I need to get around to finally starting it.

I played through VA-11 HALL-A, Dorothy was quite the thing lol really liked it for what it was, adored the aesthetic.

I finished another game called Detention, it's a pretty weird game set in like 1960s Taiwan, which is kinda interesting in itself. I wouldn't call it scary but it does have a cool atmosphere about it, I also really enjoyed this.

I've actually started playing Pokemon Sun as a friend of mine was kind enough to send me a level 1 Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle so I have Pokemon I actually know and like now lol I'm easily swayed by such things.

More Overwatch as always, it's safe to assume I'm always playing this tbh....need dem Mei and Symmetra skins.

I also reinstalled DotA2 because I clearly don't hate myself enough right now....

Last but not least, Resident Evil VII, it's different but it's good. I dunno how long that will remain the case as I fear it'll just get annoying by the end (like most of these 1st person horror games tend to do) but as is I like it.

So yeah, I've been playing quite a bit as I've been pretty unwell so not really been leaving the house :( on the mend now...I think.

Last edited:
No Man's buy

I wouldn't be playing this if haven't managed to get a copy from library for free. If someone is like me and want to see whether it's as bad as people say then don't because it is all that and worse.

It feel's like the devs did almost nothing right and there's so much little things to annoy you.

And yes, once you have seen one planet you pretty much have seen them all and they all feel lifless because the animals don't even give a **** if you come close and vast majority of them just hop around.

I'm going to play the game more for the trophies and if it didn't have those i would have stopped after second planet i visited.

I'm trying out the Fire Emblem Heroes mobile game, it's pretty alright. Though I can see myself finishing the "Story" and then dropping it, as after that the orb things to summon heroes seem to be a little difficult to come by (outside of monies).

7-8 summons later and no fancy five star heroes yet.

Somehow Fire Emblem Heroes has held my interest beyond the first day or two, which I didn't think would happen... Managed to get a 5 star Lucina who now heads my group, trying to figure out how to "promote" dudes now, think I need some of the stuff you win from the arena as well as the badge things from the training tower. Spent no monies thus far, no(h)r do I intend to.

Here's some tips that I wish I'd known if anyone else downloads it:
  • Spend your initial orb haul upgrading your castle rather than summoning, helps loads in the long run.
  • There's a "Hard" more which you can use to get more orbs to summon dudes if you stall on normal mode, the starting missions end up about the same level as the later chapters.
  • Your arena sword tokens reset daily (dunno if the game tells you this or if I just missed it, but I had no idea...)

Last edited:
That's funny because I've heard criticism that the story isn't deep enough.

Personally I just don't like mobile games, at all. You can certainly play without paying but having your two options being grind or pay is an instant turn off. It's why I don't ever play games on my phone and never will. At the same time I'm glad these Nintendo mobile games exist, hopefully it means or more prosperous Nintendo. I'll just wait for the real ass FE on Switch and endlessly complain about the stupid waifu ********.

That's funny because I've heard criticism that the story isn't deep enough.

Personally I just don't like mobile games, at all. You can certainly play without paying but having your two options being grind or pay is an instant turn off. It's why I don't ever play games on my phone and never will. At the same time I'm glad these Nintendo mobile games exist, hopefully it means or more prosperous Nintendo. I'll just wait for the real ass FE on Switch and endlessly complain about the stupid waifu ********.

But the stupid waifu ******** is the whole appeal!

Nah, the sick gameplay is the whole appeal. I just tolerate the ancillary stuff. I mean, the soundtrack is usually pretty good but everything else, yikes.

Back