What Games Are You Playing?

IncendiaryLemon said:
I'd give it a go but that price is a little steep.

I did see used copies available at a much lower price on eBay but I haven't checked as of late.

If it's gone completely, the sequel is arriving onto PS4 exclusively ~ NieR: Automata. It's confirmed to have a different storyline so knowledge of NieR isn't needed but that could change. Interestingly instead of the original developer handling it (as they're defunct), it's Platinum Games with most of the original team members returning including Yoko Taro of Drakengard fame and Keiichi Okabe who composed the epic music.

PS3: £15
360: £5

Really excited to get my hands on Xenoblade X this week. No idea where I'm going to find that time to play this behemoth of a game. I doubt that I can play this text and menu heavy game on the gamepad only...

Damn, kind of wishing I had a 360 now. Also, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong on the CeX site to be unable find Neir.

[spoilerbutton]
sN01Blh.png
[/spoilerbutton]

Edit: Turns out, spelling it wrong. Jesus Christ I'm an idiot.

NieR Gestalt (PlayStation 3)
More progress done with Operation Platinum!

I have achieved both Ending C and D plus that last remaining timed boss trophy.

As a result of this - In one of the biggest surprises to ever appear:
Ending D erases Nier, as well as your entire save data. Yes this is the canon route of the story

Now I have 2 trophies left - Massacring those sheep and beating the game within 15 hours.

The developers reaction for making gamers go through with it:
ujpmbgb1uustl0n6mdof.png

My progress so far:
Endings: A B C D
Trophy Progress: 95%
Playtime: 72 hours 26 minutes (After earning Ending D).
Level: 51 (After earning Ending D).

Remaining Trophies:
Platinum Trophy Completion
100 Sheep Massacred
Finish story in 15 hours

Getting the collector's edition hopefully on release. It is a game that you need a lot of time for. Luckily I have that and not watching much anime for a bit wont harm me.

NieR Gestalt (PlayStation 3)
And thus the journey ends here.

tumblr_ncicx05bMR1rga2a8o1_500.gif

I have managed to get the Lightning Master trophy by beating the game in 7 hours and 15 minutes.

And thus I have my Platinum trophy.

ujpmbgb1uustl0n6mdof.png

Total playtime overall was 79 hours 41 minutes with all endings achieved.

And of course I won't forget those infamous words:

Last edited by a moderator:
No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise (PlayStation 3)
Next up on my backlog is a Suda51 classic.

I've owned this game since October 2013 (the same month I got my PS3). It's also the oldest game in my PS3 collection that's still incomplete (Asura's Wrath and Kingdom Hearts HD were sorted during 2013 while Hyperdimension Neptunia was sorted back last April (which must have taken me 80+ hours :O)).

Anywho I decided to restart from scratch and now I've beaten a couple bosses to be Rank 9. A Platinum is still up in the air given it's possible (apparently takes at least 30 hours to achieve) but we'll see, the gameplay has dated a bit which is affecting my amusement but don't get me wrong slicing people in pieces and shaking the controller to charge your weapon is a lot of fun. My problem lies to minor bits and pieces like the framerate, lag during driving and dodgy controls during combat like dodging and easy aiming. Other than that the rest is perfectly fine, Travis is Travis.

maxresdefault.jpg

"Moe"

Given Sony's new PS2 to PS4 release going on I wonder if they'll add Killer7, I always wanted to play that one.

Playing Super Mario Maker at the moment, really loving it but it's definitely a game that makes me stop and think long and hard, more so than any other game. Making good levels is hard, who would have thought?

I think Mario Maker will win more game of the year awards than MGSV once all the dust is settled. An immense achievement.

I "started" playing a bunch of PS2 games via pcsx2 in the wake of Sony's rather underwhelming announcement. Persona 3, The Mark of Kri, Rogue Galaxy. I kind of want to carry on playing through RG again, but I also want to play Beyond on PS4. And all the other games I'm in the middle of. I don't finish many games.

Yup, I can already tell that Mario Maker will be Giant Bomb's GOTY which is crazy in a year that MGSV released since the guys there love that franchise, but Konami being Konami it's left a bad taste in everybody's mouth, but even without all of the Kojima and Konami drama, I still feel like MGSV wasn't going to top Mario Maker, it's just so damn good. The Game Awards gave the GOTY award to The Witcher 3 and I can see Bloodborne rating high for some people too, but regardless Mario Maker is going to be collecting a lot of awards, and rightfully so. I'd be happy to see Splatoon receive some recognition too! Nintendo's media darling last year was Bayonetta 2, A Link Between Worlds the year before, they always tend to have that one game that everybody falls in love with, but Mario Maker is in a different league I think.

Back