What Games Are You Playing?

Ath said:
One of my favourite games of all time. Enjoy!

I can understand why, I absolutely adore this game. About 10 hours in and just got out of the Colony 9 area and caves and now in some truly beautiful field area on my way to colony 6. Masterpiece of a game.

This just made my day.

20140426_192007.jpg

Finally got around to starting Ys: Memories of Celceta (Vita) after completing Infamous Second Son and Killzone Shadowfall today.

Not played much of Ys but straight of the bat I'm having fun. Absolutely loving the the combat.

After getting all the achievements on call of duty ghosts apart from a few extinction ones I have now started playing METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE

I'm level 31 on Borderlands now. I googled and the blonde soldier woman in it is meant to basically be the Handsome Jack of this game but thing is, I've seen her once so far! I'm not really getting a feel of a main back story yet that pops in and out of gameplay the way it did with Jack in Borderlands 2.

I've seen some gameplay for Borderlands The Pre Sequel. Totally happy they've got the same VA for Jack back and that we get to learn more of his back story. I love the special for the Gladiator who I'm wanting to play and it's interesting Jacks gf the Sheriff is a playable character too! I do however dislike that from what I've seen, that you get no Psychos and if they are Psycho's they look nothing like them since they're in space suits!!! Also, I HATE that bar Jack, all the characters are Australian because the game was made by 2K Australia. It frankly sounds, bloody minging with that accent. The thrill with the Psychos was how they sounded like Barry The Chopper in FMA so I really hope I can get past how cringe worthy it sounds :(

Am I the only one here who owns J-Stars Victory Vs? Just curious...

Anywho, I've played about 6 hours of the game and I'm very happy that I own the game. The navigation is pretty confusing at first but after a while it's not that bad to get around (plus English translations have been unleashed online so if anyone can't handle a certain menu just search online and bam!). I'm playing Luffy's campaign and I have unlocked a few dozen playable characters for the free battle mode:
- Tatsumi Oga with Baby Beel [Beezlebub]
- Jonathan Joestar [JoJo's Bizarre Adventure]
- Medaka Kurokami [Medaka Box]
- Kenshin Himura [Rurouni Kenshin]

And also some supporting characters:
- Tetsuya Kuroko [Kuroko's Basketball]
- Chitoge Kirisaki [Nisekoi]
- Lala Satalin Deviluke [To Love Ru] ~ She literally dances in her red bikini and heals you, what a cheery girl LOL

Luffy is really easy to control for the gameplay and his Victory ability is awesome to watch every time he uses it. The only other one I've managed to use the Victory ability was with Gintoki where his ability is literally a massive troll to the gameplay (basically the opening credits start rolling during his special move, how brilliant is that!).

NormanicGrav said:
Am I the only one here who owns J-Stars Victory Vs? Just curious...

If it wasn't for 3rd Super Robot Taisen Z releasing a couple weeks back, i'd have J-Stars in my Vita as we speak. I'm going to have to wait until my next pay to consider J-Stars, but i am interested in the game a lot. Know a couple people with it that i want to do some bouts with.

On the note of games played. I've not done as much as i would have liked.

Final Fantasy X HD still takes up a lot of my time since i'm working to the platinum for it. Sphere Grid completion for all 7 characters is hell. Penance will be a toughy too, but i look forward to that. Been way to long since i was last able to say "i spent an hour fighting this uber tough boss" in a game. Challenges like that could do with making a resurgence...anyways. I also got a hold of Deception IV recently and have put a couple hours into that as well. It's pretty good fun overall, traps have good variation to them and the combos you can set up are satisfying to watch in some ways. I have made it my mission to try and capture every opponent though, see if i can manage it.

I plan to buy J-Stars Victory Vs. once I've got Comic Con out of the way. Just undecided on if I want it for Vita or PS3.

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl.
NIS America gave me a review copy. First Etrian Odyssey game =3.

Playing some add on pack location in Borderlands 2 with the Brother atm and finished off Episode 3 of Series 1 of the Walking Dead. I hope to play episode 4 before I go on holiday this weekend.

Xenoblade still. About 25 hours in and according to a walk through, i'm only about 1/4 of the way through the game.....enormous and amazing stuuf.

Finished The Walking Dead Series 1 Episode 4 last night. Hopefully going to start Episode 5 today. Shame FB spoilt the big shocker for me in Ep 4. Never said who in the spoiler but I figured it out haha.

I think 5 is a relatively short episode given how 4 ended. If you're going to play season 2 at some point, it might be worth checking out the 400 days dlc.

I had to google the 400 Days DLC and I'm glad I did! Thanks for that Omaru, my brother and I will love playing this little extra! :)

I finished Episode 5 last night. I was, gutted frankly.

Will see if I can pull 400 days this weekend and then start Season 2 when I'm back off my holiday.

-Danielle- said:
I had to google the 400 Days DLC and I'm glad I did! Thanks for that Omaru, my brother and I will love playing this little extra! :)

I finished Episode 5 last night. I was, gutted frankly.

Will see if I can pull 400 days this weekend and then start Season 2 when I'm back off my holiday.

DEFINITELY WORTH IT. There are some major twists in Season 2 that involve 400 Days.

So far, Season 2 of The Walking Dead is great. Really tense stuff that makes me glad I went back to see what happened with Clementine.

I'm playing Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII on my commutes to work. I really like it.

@Josh: I've got the original Etrian Odyssey and enjoyed it tremendously. All that grinding and item collecting, maze mapping is relaxing. And getting chased by FOEs is knda cool. I hit the level cap with two floors to go before I finished the game and didn't quite get my character's skills to map out the way I wanted them to so I did consider getting the new Etrian Odyssey but decided against it because of my video game back-log.

I'm now upto date with The Walking Dead.

Episode 2 of Series 2 made me so happy! Especially seeing as I was so gutted after Episode 5 of Series 1! :)

I hate how long I'll have to wait for Episode 4 of Series 2 now. So not fair!

I just hope The Wolf Among Us Episode 4 comes next!

Clocked more of Borderlands. Sadly bored of Borderlands 2 despite new playable characters, I think it's cause i hate until you hit Sanctuary and cba replaying.

I FINALLY FINISHED A POKEMON GAME!

I lose patience with these due to getting bored of levelling up but with Pokemon Y, I didn't get bored at all. The Exp Share helped for sure. I love every minute of playing that. Played most of it whilst in Rome, completed it in 5 days. Remotely tempted to try Pokemon X now haha :D

@Genkina I adored Crisis Core, just a fantastic game. I finished it, which is something I can't say I did with FF7. The world and characters of FF7 is one that I love even if I cant finish the main game due to the gameplay. Really liked the gameplay of this and the combat but the best part was the music, just glorious.

Still playing Xenoblade. Clocking 47 hours at the moment and not even at the half way point apparently. Spent far too much time doing pointless side quests due to being addicted to the affinity chart!

I forgot J-Stars even existed - thanks for the reminder! I'll get the Vita version in a few weeks.

LOVING Danganronpa right now.

Back