What Games Are You Playing?

britguy said:
@Genkina I adored Crisis Core, just a fantastic game. I finished it, which is something I can't say I did with FF7. The world and characters of FF7 is one that I love even if I cant finish the main game due to the gameplay. Really liked the gameplay of this and the combat but the best part was the music, just glorious.

Still playing Xenoblade. Clocking 47 hours at the moment and not even at the half way point apparently. Spent far too much time doing pointless side quests due to being addicted to the affinity chart!

It is fantastic. The quick pace and easy gameplay coupled with the fantastic presentation and music and the great characters make it so enjoyable.

I'm sailing through it at the minute - level 30 and on chapter 5 - I've scored top affection marks with Aerith.

Other than Crisis Core, I've just finished the latest episode of The Walking Dead, season 2 and I'm waiting for Fire Emblem Awakening to arrive in the post to further add to my videogame backlog. I'll also start Borderlands 2 co-op soon.

I'm hoping that Episode 4 of The Wolf Among Us comes out this week as I'm seriously lagging on game interest now. Still persevering though the DLC of Borderlands 2 but these pirate villains are BS tbh. I might have to go back to Professor Layton as I still have 3 of the games to buy!

As the online support for Gran Turismo 5 is coming to an end I've been playing it a fair bit. In fact I got up to the point where the only races left were the 4hour plus races I can't be bothered to do. So I got the gt5 game editor to unlock the last bit to give me the last few cars I wanted.

Plus I bought my birthday present today (to give to my mum to give back to me), Gran Turismo 6 from Amazon UK for only £22 new.

Still FFXIV, but also Transistor which I'm loving. The battle system and ability customization is excellent. I might start Watch Dogs tonight, but... maybe not.

Ticked over in to hour 70 on Xenoblade and entered an area that I absolutely love The Fallen Arm. Just looks stunning, especially when you get to the highest vantage point.

I think this is the longest i've played a game that isn't FIFA. Fallout 3 might come close.

Last edited by a moderator:
Second play through of Tales of vesperia on 360 just finishing up the side quests I missed and then a 3rd play through for the low level/speed run achievements clocked 98 hours so far

britguy said:
Ticked over in to hour 70 on Xenoblade and entered an area that I absolutely love The Fallen Arm. Just looks stunning, especially when you get to the highest vantage point.

I think this is the longest i've played a game that isn't FIFA. Fallout 3 might come close.
Love that area too, getting to that highest point was so satisfying. I clocked in 140 hours on my first playthrough of Xenoblade, I didn't want it to end!

Been playing Nintendo Pocket Football Club on the 3DS, finally won the beginner league. Also started Steins;Gate on PC.

Been playing Ace Combat Infinity the last few days, although as it's a F2P game I can only play it for so long each day before I'd have to pay to continue.
When not playing that I'm playing the Silent Hill HD Collection on 360. Finished SH3 for the first time yesterday (I've never played it before) and am now working on getting the various endings for SH2 (which I've played extensively back in the day). Gathering up missed achievements basically.

The Wolf Among Us Episode 4. It was SO good. Cannot believe it's like another 3 months wait now for episode 5. I really hope they make a series 2, there's no way they can tie up all the lose ends in one more episode!

Ath said:
Love that area too, getting to that highest point was so satisfying. I clocked in 140 hours on my first playthrough of Xenoblade, I didn't want it to end!

See, over at neoGAF users told me that Eryth Sea was the last truly beautiful area you see in the game, so when I saw this area I was blown away and thought "what the hell were those guys on about, this area is stunning".

Roll on E3 and more information about X, really can't wait especially if it's only half as good as Xenoblade.

Here's what I've been playing over the past few weeks:

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F (PS3) - Been playing more of this title than the sequel (I'm holding out for a proper JP Region 2 version than my current Asian copy). Managed to pass some levels on Extreme difficulty which is rather insane. I think I got DYE on Excellent which is one of my favourite songs in the game (Luka!) and I'm actually liking the song with the anime style movie playing in the background. In terms of trophies I got the main Normal and Hard completion but the rest seems to be about taking care of each Vocaloid. I'm just spending my time unlocking the costumes (no wonder this got a C rating they each have swimsuits).

Hotline Miami (PS3) - Myself and two friends of mine decide to go through the rest of the story of this insane but really fun game. We managed to pass the levels and even the extra additional levels after the main story. My only complaint was for both endings. It felt wasted, it didn't make any sense whatsoever.

Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3) - Didn't make much progress since I got the game but I managed to get to the Lastation area. Neptune is so happy it makes me smile for some reason.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle (PS3) - Got all of the characters unlocked. The later Parts look so intriguing, especially Part 4. The gameplay is really basic and it's not for the complex players who enjoy fighters like Mortal Kombat.

J-Stars Victory Versus (PS3) - This game is ridiculously fun (however it is repetitive so take breaks to avoid boredom). I've probably spent about 30-40 hours into the main campaign (Luffy's in fact) and I still haven't finished it (I'm very close though). All of the characters and support characters have been unlocked though I wish they had more (I'm surprised the Blue Exorcist characters aren't even included, I'm pretty sure they're part of Shonen Jump). Certain characters can be tough to handle while others are really easy to use. In terms of trophies I have about 45% unlocked.

Senran Kagura: Burst (3DS) - I left the game at home so I couldn't make any progress for about 6 weeks but I have been playing some characters. I also unlocked Chapter 2 but I'm going to stick with Chapter 1 for a little while.

Short Peace: Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day (PS3) - The game looks great but I didn't like the direction of the story about half-way in (from the assassination onwards basically).

You can check out my Trophies and Achievements if you want (you can switch between the two on the homepage).

Finished Luffy's campaign for J-Stars and got the silver trophy for that one. In order to platinum the game I have to do the other campaigns which is basically the same thing but with different characters and battles (oh the repetition), not to mention that's Ichigo, Naruto and Toriko.

And I made more progress with Neptunia, I ended up running into one of the goddesses and automatically went into a boss fight. Poor Compa, got knocked out in two hits in the beginning of the fight (always loving her voice "SORRY!" every time, yes I've put the voices in Japanese) but thanks to the Health healing thingy (after 50% health though) both Neptune and IF were able to win the fight. They levelled up while Compa didn't.

Working on about 4 games right now.

Torchlight II - So if ever there was a series that ran into one another like Diablo, it's this. Makes sense considering it's basically the same team. This feels far more fluid and solid than the first torchlight did, which helps keep my attention more. it's also not one big set of floors, so i get more scenery to enjoy, plus playing the engineer class is pretty fun. Just made a start into Act II, so i'm about a third of the way? not sure

3rd Super Robot Taisen Z - This is great, still feels like SRW and i actually can follow the story fairly well this time. It helps that the first section of the game essentially follows FMP(as they seem to be a primary focus this time), so i can catch onto what else is happening as that goes on. The only complaint i have so far is that some of the mecha animations are a little too stiff/not up to scratch. FMP fits this bill, while something like Macross Frontier gets very fluid ones. ah well

Final Fantasy X-2 HD - Made a start on this one about 3-4 days ago, not too far in though. I still enjoy this game even if people felt it got too girly, and i can understand that. However, i still feel the time-based combat is extremely solid, and the story ain't bad too. I'm curious to know how much has been added to the main game which will count towards that 100%, so i know what i have to do for the true ending. Plus, plating this one won't take as long i expect.

Grand Theft Auto 5 - still playing around with this one. My completion rate says i'm at 46%, though i honestly feel like i'm still only about half of that. There is tonnes to do, it's mad. Easily the best GTA since Vice City though. Not sure if it beats it yet though.

Trying to finish Professor Layton and The Lost Future. Finding the time is tough as I don't wana play it when I'm tired otherwise I'll be crap at the puzzles. I own the next one Spectre's Call or something so that will be played next and then I'll work on buying those released for the 3DS.

Been playing some more Borderlands 2 DLC. Now i've seen the pre sequel trailer though, I need new stuff!

I was put off from playing this game for quite a while since it came with my PlayStation 3, but now I decided to continue where I left off and finish the story.

I'll admit, The Last of Us is a dam good game. My only complaint is based on the ending itself but then again I guess he made the right choice.

The next game out of my backlog that I wanted to finish is done.

With Beyond: Two Souls I was able to save everyone and even get the happier ending I could achieve. This game is also easy to get a Platinum trophy but I decided just to focus only on the story itself (the main game) rather than go through the multiple endings and scenarios.

Would I recommend it? Well considering it's from the makers of Heavy Rain (which I haven't played but have considered picking up since it's only a tenner nowadays) it's up to whether you like cutscenes and quick time events. It's only 10 hours long (based on other people's playtime) and has an interesting story to it. I enjoyed it (got it for free with the console).

With that done I now have Hyperdimension Neptunia, No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise, Persona 4 Arena & Tales of Symphonia Chronicles left to handle.

i'm 90-odd hours in to Xenoblade and just defeated Disciple Lorithia after dying about 10 times and then discovering how boss Melia is. Gonna go round and try and finish up any side quests that don't involved killing ridiculously high levelled creatures before going for the end game.

Already done pretty much all of the pre-Mechonis Core side quests, levelled up Colony 6 to Level 4 and my affinity chart is pretty full so not much left to do.

Absolutely love this game and cannot wait for Xenoblade Chronicles X

Finished the Captain Scarlett DLC on Borderlands 2 with my Brother. I think he's going to see if he can download more for us to play together :)

Back