What Games Are You Playing?

Completed Corpse Party yesterday, so I'm trying to get the rest of the bad ends and unlock the Extra Chapters I'm missing. I have really enjoyed playing this <3 I hope Book of Shadows get an English release.

Chapter 4
I got the Extra End on my first playthrough, but lucky for me I had saved before I had to rescue Naomi

Chapter 5

My first playthrough, I got the one where it gets repeated again lol. I figured what I gone wrong and went to one of my old save files and did everything right and got the correct ending

Chapter 2 (Don't read unless you have completed the game since it will spoil you)
When playing through this chapter again to get the bad ending for reading all the victim's memoirs. You know when Ayumi get possesed, she gets possessed by Sachiko's mum

Going to play some Pokemon Black in a moment. Going to EV train my newly obtained shiny drought Vulpix and shiny Gastly :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
Genkina Hito said:
Chrono Trigger - it's brilliant. I'll start playing The Walking Dead soon.

I've downloaded the trial of that :) I look forward to sharing thoughts on it.

I had a quick go this morning and I like it a lot. It's a point and click with a lot of quick time events. Story and voice acting are good so far. I'll play it some more just to get a better feel.

Still romping through and loving Legend of Grimrock. Old school dungeon crawling done veryyyy well. Although I do seem to have hit a literal brick wall with where I have to go.

Also finished Fez. And by "finished Fez" I mean I got the first 32 cubes and everything. went. insane. Seriously, the amount of crazy hidden stuff and the lengths you have to go towards getting the rest of the cubes is almost ludicrous. And yet compelling and utterly stunning. Glad it's a bank holiday to find the time to do it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Genkina Hito said:
alexrose1uk said:
Ah Chronotrigger.

I still have my original US SNES cart which took me ages to find, cost me about 50 IIRC about 5-10 years ago.

Have you played Illusion of Time?

I'm thinking of replaying that soon. Should make fun sessions after the success I had with the 'once in a blue moon' plays of Terranigma and Secret of Mana in the last couple of years.

Max Takeshi said:
Genkina Hito said:
alexrose1uk said:
Ah Chronotrigger.

I still have my original US SNES cart which took me ages to find, cost me about 50 IIRC about 5-10 years ago.

I'm thinking of replaying that soon. Should make fun sessions after the success I had with the 'once in a blue moon' plays of Terranigma and Secret of Mana in the last couple of years.

I never got my hands on Terranigma. The screenshots in the old Nintendo magazines always fascinated me as a child. I hope that gets ported to a modern console soon. I still need to finish Illusion of Time.

Genkina Hito said:
alexrose1uk said:
Ah Chronotrigger.

I don't think I've played it properly....I've got it though :)

My SNES collection is pretty respectable:
Super Mario RPG [NTSC]
Desert Strike
Axelay
Super Battletank
Magic Boy
Cybernator
Killer Instinct
TMNT: Turtles in Time
Alien 3
Cannon Fodder
Sim City
Smash TV
Super Soccer
Mechwarrior
Super Ghouls N Ghosts
Street Fighter 2 (serious I swear this is the most tempermental cartridge ever to load :p)
Donkey Kong Country
Super Mario World
F-Zero
Rise of the Robots
Metal Marines
Super Probotector (Contra 3)
Super Metroid
Castlevania IV
Zelda: Link to the Past
Primal Rage
Mystic Quest Legend
Zombies (Ate My Neighbours)
Illusion of Time
Super Mario All Stars
Megaman X
Lion King
Jurassic Park
Starwing
Worms
Ogre Battle - March of the Black Queen [NTSC]
King Arthur's World
Mortal Kombat II
Judge Dredd
Street Racer
Wing Commander [NTSC]
Chrono Trigger [NTSC]
Star Wars

There's a FEW titles I wish I had like SoM, and FF3, but I've got most of the ones I'd liked to have owned :)
All still work fine last I checked, although as commented above, SF2 is the most tempermental cartridge ever. My consoles haven't last as well as the games either unfortunately, I do have a UK SNES which was modded so you could run it at 60Hz, unfortunately its more and more tempermental to get to load carts properly so I usually end up having to fall back to my other SNES which is a standard 50Hz UK model.

I have one of the Fire Cartridge Convertors which is the best NTSC->PAL AFAIK, I also have one of DATEL's Universal Adaptors but I could never get it to work, whereas the Fire is about as good as the console/connections :)

Chronotrigger is without a doubt one of my all time favourites though, and I've got the DS version now too, have played it through to completion more than a few times :) Also love Ogre Battle.

Last time I properly connected them up and played though was towards the end of last year when I went back and finished LTTP, as I'd never finished it. You forget how HARD some of the older games can be!!

Oh man that is a sweet collection! I missed out on the consoles until this generation, I stuck to the Game Boy until I bought a Wii in 2007. One of these days when I actually have an income I want to get a SNES with a load of classic games.

I love Chrono Trigger so much as well, I remember first stumbling upon it in 2000 when I was at the peak of my DBZ mania and favourited every DBZ fansite I could find on Hotbot. Then I saw this game from the same artist and the rest was history. I somehow mislaid my DS cart of it at university a few years ago though :(

Having said that, my best mate just bought me a Mega Drive! I'm looking forward to tearing through the likes of Sonic 3 and Knuckles again. I'm also thinking of buying Pier Solar once I've saved up a bit more. It looks very intriguing.

I beat Super Scribblenauts the other day, still great fun. Also started replaying Tales of Eternia (a.k.a. "Destiny 2" ... even though it's not the actualDestiny 2), still a very good entry in the series I think. I want to replay Symphonia as well so I can get to the ending this time! Hoping to receive Kid Icarus: Uprising sometime next week as well, my 3DS needs more love (been mainly playing DS games on it).

Back