What Games Are You Playing?

Disco Machine said:
Dragon Quest is about to send me over the edge.

It's stupidly difficult...the fact there's no phoenix down-style item makes it worse, and the fact you have to PAY to get brought back to life sucks far too much. The generic enemies, bothering popup and BORING trudging between towns are driving me crazy.

Yet I can't stop playing.

Bothering popup?, I rarely noticed it, the overall draw distance looks impressive for a PS2 game, but I'm not that far into the game anyway

well since i purchased mario kart for the ds today i have been on that. quite simple at the moment..the same idea as the rest.. still great though

I'm playing Hitman: Blood Money at the moment. Trying to get Silent Assassin rating on all the missions and unlock every Achievement before I ditch it and buy a new game.

I'm not having much luck with games recently -.-

I've been trying my first new batch in awhile and they're virtually all pants.

Xenosaga pt. 2 has only not bored me to tears since I can skip the appalling and uninteresting deadpan monologues. However, after having been wiped out twice just because the computer enemies have surrounded my charas (issuing double damage) and are armed with weapons which hit my entire party at once.. can you say trade in? I can say trade in, welcome to GameStation Hell Xenosaga 2, ya punk.

Constantine is another Shadowman type game, roam around large 3D areas consisting of corridors and the occasional open area whilst looking for a handful of pick-ups and killing baddies. There aren't any noticeably different enemy types, nor is it holding my attention. I've hit a point where I'm looking for a door (apparently) because I've found a key. Heaven knows where said door is, after spending 10 minutes looking for it I'm too bored to continue. Bye bye Constantine.

Gadget and the Gadgetinis is a bog-standard 3D platformer. Whilst there are stacks of different go-go-gadget moves, it boils down to collecting one type of item and running past poison gas vents and the 2 types of baddy per stage. It's so basic you can almost hear the designers in the background slapping it together. Blegh. I wasn't expecting much but this is just a filler title wrapped up and canned in as short a time as possible.

Michigan: Report From Hell is also annoying me, I spent 10 minutes running around trying to defeat a head-on-stick type monster (think something from The Thing), which is bizarrely vomitting acid at the news reporter I'm filming. She just stays there, bent double like she's got the trots, whilst the stupid beast gobs yellow acid about 2ft in front of her. They've both been like that for more than 5 minutes... not exactly high-tech gaming -.-

I have finally got a new character on Dynasty Warriors 5, but playing the same stages over and over again is getting extremely old. I wish they'd just kept the DW4 stages and concentrated on building some new characters and additional stages. Why have they re-made the battle of Chi Bi three times? To add insult to injury, the version of the battle on DW5 is even more compact than the others! On DW3, there were swarms of soldiers spewing from the Wei camp, on this version there's a few trailing through gates which you can quickly stop... ugh! Omega Force need a slap, the PS3 version had better be something a bit special (with plenty more playable charas. and levels).

Now that lot is pretty much out of the way, I'm going to go back to Dragon Quest 8, Haunting Ground and maybe some Age of Empires 2 for the PC.

I'm now playing Project Zero II on Xbox with Phil helping whenever I freak out too much. Its a damn scary game, lots of ghosts jumping out at you and the only weapon you have is a camera?!? T___T Very good graphics though and the story is so well thought out. I'm enjoying ^_^

Mini-Mariah said:
I'm now playing Project Zero II on Xbox with Phil helping whenever I freak out too much. Its a damn scary game, lots of ghosts jumping out at you and the only weapon you have is a camera?!? T___T Very good graphics though and the story is so well thought out. I'm enjoying ^_^

Project Zero II ftw! It has one of the best endings in my opinion and the undercurrent of twincest. :shock:

I'm currently flicking between:

Steambot Chronicles (PS2) - Who do i choose? The delightful Connie or the sublime Savoury? Decisions, Decisions!

The Movies (PC) - I'm second last in the studio races. My actors are good enough - if they don't go off drinking and my directors like to get stressed. I can't win! I'm in the 1940's era now. Yay. :D

Neverwinter Nights (PC) - I tend to play the Multi-player more than the actual game!

Oh and just started Maple Story (Free MMORPG).
http://www.mapleglobal.com/

My character is Cass1e and on the Windia server if anyone wants to team with me. It plays like Wonderboy and half the enemies are rip offs from it too. Nobody really likes talking but maybe because they are busy leveling up. :wink:
________
Lolol

Last edited by a moderator:
I've finally unlocked one of the Qiao sisters on Dynasty Warriors 5, I've also found a few level 4 weapons with the help of gamefaqs. The strategy guide is in the post (prima), so I'm looking forward to getting that. Strategy guides are like companion pieces to games, for me, with all the artwork and the secrets and somone narrating the game itself, love to read them.

I've been playing We Love Katamari for hours on end, apart from RE4 this is the first game on the PS2 I've played which has lived up to the hype. Not that I pay any attention to hype, but it is amazing to finally come across a big-budget game which is designed to please you rather than just rip off everything that's bored you before.

Dragon Quest 8 has finally been back in my PS2, I've come a long way and finally beaten Dhoulmagus, now I'm doing other stuff on it.

I've totally abandoned RS altogether, I am so pleased :D

Tetris DS - Nintendo DS
Donkey Kong Country - SNES
Final Fantasy V - SNES

Some of the best games ever here. I'm having a really retro phase.

AHHHHHH TETRIS! ahem..sorry...i used to be on it for hours..thankfully i do not have it for DS at the moment..or i would be on that all the time..at the moment i am busy with all my 360 games and halo 2 online.

FFXI( usually on for 2 hours + at a time)
Kameo (usually on at random times and for random amounts of hours)
DOA 4 (online quite a bit)

Rukario said:
Super Mario Sunshine!

I really enjoy this game, but after getting 40 shines it does get slightly hard. ;[

It's ridiculously hard for a Mario game. I can't get any more than 90.

I take back everything I said about Budokai Tenkaichi.

It rules, and I'm obsessed with unlocking everything (only five characters to go!).

Back