What Games Are You Playing?

Beat my first playthrough of Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires with the Brave ending. Will take a break from it for a bit before i go for another one, maybe kind or orderly. We'll see.

Asides from that, made a start on Limbo a couple nights back, and it's quite a nice game. It's not as hard as i thought it would be though, but we'll see how things go as i continue with it. It looks more like an experience than anything else though.

Also prepping for Tomb Raider on monday or tuesday. It's been dispatched, i just need to get a couple of backlog games down so i have the room to blitz that over the next week before Heart of the Swarm is released.

God, why the hell is March like the mega gaming month this year? So many games, so little time(and money)

Dynasty Warriors 7:Empires let's see 2nd time round Cao Cao got wiped out, I created a vagabond unit and then took territory from Ma Teng, conquered Ma Teng,then Liu Zhang and just taken out Liu Biao. So now China is divded into 3. Myself, Sun Ce and Yuan Shao, currently at war with Sun Ce hoping Yuan Shao doesn't butt in.

Halo 4, Guitar Hero: Warriors Of Rock, WWE '13 & Aliens: Colonial Marines...

I have the majority of achievements for Aliens and don't plan on playing the on-line modes again to get any more.
Co-op on Live was fun but playing as an Alien in the versus modes is absolutely terrible.

Devil May Cry 4: Mostly as a means of reminding me that DmC isn't indicative of the entire franchise.

The Second Dante Fight bust my balls in all the good ways and I'll say this. Punching out a pope Kenshiro style is a lot of fun, I Could have lived with that being the final boss but going around as Dante is a whole new barrel of fun monkies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished up Hitman Absolution. Brilliant game. Gonna replay it on Hard at a later date. For now I have Far Cry 3 to tuck into. I wanna run around stabbing people on a desert island.

Playing Final Fantasy 14 beta kupo, and any fire Emblem game that I can get my hands on while I wait for the big one to come out in the UK...and when not doing that, playing metal gear solid 4....trying to be sneaky sneaky ...which is harder than I remember somtimes!

Got around to playing id's "Rage". Not a bad mix of running-n-gunning, obviously a few reverences to vault-boy, Smash TV. Multiplayer isn't to bad either, not fantastic but saves having to wait mindlessly for half a dozen players. Otherwise just something to break up from playing so much fallout

I wanted to relive the joy of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team but for some reason the save file keeps disappearing :( not sure why that is. I think I may have to re-buy, and I'll buy the blue version (DS version) just to be safe.
So just now I'm playing the Explorers of Time version, I just love the gameplay in these games. It takes me back to being a kid and playing for hours on end.

@Ranger Ryu: Hah, you need to mix it up a little. Muck about with training for a little while then give it another bash. I said to Rena that countering and blocking are the main things to work on, so same applies here. You should get it down fairly easily from there.

Currently, i'm playing a couple games.

Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm - Well, the campaign is pretty nice i have to say. Looks pretty amazing as well when you play on extreme. Only 4 missions in at the moment though, so not too far in. Will probably play more later tonight.

Tomb RaiderOnly 2-3 hours into it but it's pretty great at the moment. Stunning to play on PC as well, and now the Nvidia patch is out, probably even more so. It's no wonder it's the new benchmark test for gaming. Gameplay is really solid too, it's comfortable on keyboard/mouse. really glad i've made more of a move to PC gaming in that respect.

Had an urge and moved my Gamecube games in front of my 360 ones in my cupboard. Ever since then it's been Gamecube all the way.

Wanted to try Metroid Prime 2 again, anyway, so it was an excuse.

The weakest of the Prime trilogy also happens to still be an exceptionally designed game. Everything about it is just crafted to perfection.

And then I approached it...

Boost Ball Guardian :(

That was as far as I got some 9 years ago. Saw the cutscene of the bugger turning into a ball, nipping through the tiny slot and... nightmares began to return.

Third attempt I beat it :eek:

It seems that half the battle is down to luck. During my second attempt the tiny Ingsprout things didn't show up until I was nearly dead, and the dark aether atmosphere was not helping. Third try and they were there during its first morph ball phase. It destroyed the four statues at strategic times and... done :twisted:

Clever boss, but it's sad to now realise it was half skill, half luck.

No matter, it's all uncharted territory now...

red dead redemption , and also about to jump into skyrim , i have been told i better be ready to give up my social life when this happens

Ranger Ryu said:
Dead or Alive 5......I'm bad at it :p

I will pretty much second what Arby said, as it really helped me out. I would also say try going through story mode, as each part has a mission to do, and some of them really helped me out when learning to counter.

At the moment, I'm playing Mass Effect 2 as I have completed Mass Effect last night.

So I went round my friends the other day and he's been playing a load of fighting games lately.
First we played a bit of DOA5 (Well, strategic button mashing)
I'd bought DOA5 at launch and despite really enjoying it, I never really played much of it (Mainly due to me sucking at it, hell, the 'Story' mode is hard for me)

Next we tried a bit of Mortal Kombat although admittedly I didn't really like it.

Finally I was convinced to play Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and HOOOOO LEEEEEEE SHIZ, I haven't had so much fun in ages.
Will hopefully be going out to buy it at some point this week.

I've had DoA5 on 360 since December but it wasn't until last week, when I got the Vita version with its fantastic in-depth tutorial mode, that I began to properly understand the critical stun/burst mechanic. Now that I do, it's almost like a different game. Time to stop sucking!

Hitomi is my favourite character. She's simple to use, neither too fast nor too slow, and how goddamn cute? She's like a fluffy puppy <3

Back