What Games Are You Playing?

@Chaz: Bah, i haven't got the PS3 version yet, otherwise i'd challenge you to a few games of DOA5. Though the patch out at the moment completely makes Mila unplayable at my level and such, so i'm tempted to wait it out for the next one to come out. I'll let you know when i do get it so i can challenge you ;P

At the moment, i just got Kid Icarus from HMV so i'm working on that, as well as The Witcher again and some League of Legends. So a few things at once to keep me entertained. Got a ton of backlog which i'm working with on the side too, so yeah.

Heh, I'll accept that challenge. It's been a while since I touched DOA4, and jumping straight into 5, it's easy to see that I've become very rusty. I've so far found Mila to be my strongest fighter compared to those in story (only just finished her part in the story) so I've yet to use some of the others again. I've always like Ayame, but Kasumi is a poor choice for me - But like I said, I've got a few more characters to work on, like Tina and maybe Elliot.

Chaz said:
Playing 3 things atm (if all goes to plan). Bought DOA5 for the PS3 so I'm on that atm. Also playing Tera Online since it's gone Free-to-play...
And the most anticipated event for me has just been discovered: I've finally found a way to connect my PSP to the PC/PSP Store! So the 1st thing I'm heading towards is none other than...
Corpse Party!!!!!

Just have to wait until I get the update of my system and it should be able to download it. :D :D
Now back to DOA5 for the time being.

Edit: Yush! Download's done, and now have CP on PSP. :D

Funnily enough I shall be getting DOA5 for the PS3, in the post somewhen this week. I have never played a DOA game before, apart from a demo of the 3DS version, so I'm quite looking to playing it.

Awesome news about getting to the Playstation store on your PSP Chaz, and I hope you enjoy playing Corpse Party :D

@Rena: If you ever want any tips on DOA5 at all, feel free to ask away. I can lend a hand with most of the characters. Lei fang is my strongest alongside Mila and Tina, so if you ever feel like you need tips on what to do, i'll see what i can do.

I will admit, one of the other reasons i want DOA5 on PS3 is so i can upload to Youtube as well >.> It's not like i want to show off or anything...its' just helpful tutorials! that's it

Depending on how you are, you'll need to find that out with experience really. I'd say the more difficult ones are the characters who depend on throws a lot - Tina/Bass for examples. You need the right timing and guess-work to pull of individual throws - much better when you can string along a combo into the throw though.

The ninjas (Ayame/Kasumi/Hayabushi/Hayate) are quick strikers, and probably your best bet as a starter. Even if you just need to button-bash to get the gist of how each character (player or foe) reacts and moves. My fav is Ayame on these, because she's quite deadly in combos and strikes, but is more of a agile character rather than a powerhouse (like Hayabushi and that bloomin' spin throw combo). These characters are best within striking range or maybe longer (especially for Ayame's corkscrew kick).

Mila is new, so I'm testing the waters on her, but she's your basic MMA kick-boxer/grappler. She'll be good to practice as a basic street-fighter stile in my view, if I remember, Bayman is stronger in terms of power. Either of them may be good for that style of fighting (close quarters).

Kokoro/Elliot/Brad Wong/Lei Fang are probably more high-skilled characters in terms of the throws and strikes. They like to mix their assault quite versatile, so if you like their style of fight - Lei fang having some nice throw combos mixed with a couple of heavy punch or kick combos, while Brad is complex in his drunken fighting style, able to attack on the floor and then suddenly scoop himself up to a high throw or kick. They'll take more time to learn the combo thread, rather than the Ninja's reaction time of their strikes.

If you want tiers, Lei fang is top tier, in fact i believe she's debate-ably the best character in the game pre 1.03 and maybe with it. But Chaz covers it fairly well there. A lot of new players pick the ninjas to start with, however i would maybe suggest Hitomi as a starter. Out of all the characters, she's probably the most all round. Hitomi is always fairly well regarded as well, always being a favourite of many, so yeah.

If i was being picky though Chaz - Bayman should be in the high-skill range. He's pretty deceptive in that respect. If you want a reason as to why i say that, go check out the DOA5 launch tourney, Rikuto makes him scary.

but Hitomi, that's my suggestion.

Made a proper start on Kid Icarus last night, and i have to say i love the soundtrack, and most of what it is. The controls i was told originally would be fairly scary to get used to, but it was straight forward. It also looks stunning, so the long wait for it was well worth it. Palutena and Pit do have fantastic banter too.

Saw this - http://kotaku.com/5910318/you-want-your ... here-it-is - and decided I wanted my game to look that good. So I spent Sunday afternoon downloading everything (14GB :eek: ) getting it going and despite a last minute hiccup involving a path pointing to an empty folder that was solved with some copying and pasting I now have a proper HD version of FFVII which I'm going to make my way through.

This is bad though as I have an assignment due in a few days :x What was I thinking!?

Oh hell no. Last time I started playing FFVII it tried eating my life. That was around 1998/9. I'm still scared of it. Improved graphics would only make it worse. Nooooooooo.

Back