What Games Are You Playing?

Mangaranga

Za Warudo
I was playing Persona 4 The Golden...
Turns out dropping the Vita from a small height corrupts all your saves...
23 hours just gone, and I only got the game Friday...
 

Mutsumi

Guild Member
Mangaranga said:
I was playing Persona 4 The Golden...
Turns out dropping the Vita from a small height corrupts all your saves...
23 hours just gone, and I only got the game Friday...
We've all been there...

To that dark place...

I suggest you ignore the game for a month or so, then when you come back it will feel fresh again, and every step retaken will feel less laborious.
 

Mangaranga

Za Warudo
Mutsumi said:
Mangaranga said:
I was playing Persona 4 The Golden...
Turns out dropping the Vita from a small height corrupts all your saves...
23 hours just gone, and I only got the game Friday...
We've all been there...

To that dark place...

I suggest you ignore the game for a month or so, then when you come back it will feel fresh again, and every step retaken will feel less laborious.
Eh, I went back and played my Japanese version for a bit, and then started up the English version again. Already skipped through to Shadow Chie. One of the perks of being a fun, addictive game, although it is a bit teddie-ous grinding again.
 

FourthLion

Adventurer
Shirayuri said:
Playstation Allstars Battle Royale

This game is so good. If anyone else has it, I would be happy to try you out online!
I think the presentation is pretty lacking and (as with almost every other fighting game ever) I wish the single player experience was a little better.

I'm not very good at it yet as I'm making my usual mistakes of being overly offensive and over eager with the finishing moves.

If you want to play a few games you can add me, I'm FourthLion on the PSN too :)
 

20thCenturyBoy

Thousand Master
Been playing WWE 13 last few days. The gameplay and controls are horrible, I stopped playing these games about 3 years ago but even in that short space of time it's been mangled beyond recognition. Sure, the last few games of it I played the gameplay was bad at times, but now it seems to have somehow become even slower and clunkier. It's all just reversal, reversal, reversal too, the matches have no flow.

Sticking to the Attitude Era Mode for now though, it's fun relieving great times and the Historical Objectives part makes it interesting to play. Once I've gone through that and unlocked everyone then I'll get started on creating an Universe Mode.

Also, the roster is tiny, guess they really are runnning thin on workers now.
 

VoxPhantom

Stand User
20thCenturyBoy said:
Been playing WWE 13 last few days. The gameplay and controls are horrible, I stopped playing these games about 3 years ago but even in that short space of time it's been mangled beyond recognition. Sure, the last few games of it I played the gameplay was bad at times, but now it seems to have somehow become even slower and clunkier. It's all just reversal, reversal, reversal too, the matches have no flow.

Sticking to the Attitude Era Mode for now though, it's fun relieving great times and the Historical Objectives part makes it interesting to play. Once I've gone through that and unlocked everyone then I'll get started on creating an Universe Mode.

Also, the roster is tiny, guess they really are runnning thin on workers now.
I don't think the controls are that bad, they're a lot better than SDVR2011, which was ridiculous in how many moves each wrestler was limited to being able to perform. Can't understand why THQ refuse to embrace the old No Mercy grapple model, which was so brilliant in its simplicity. The reversals do get a little tiring, every match seems to end up as pure mat wrestling - not exactly realistic when you're up against the larger guys!

Attitude Era mode was a load of fun, I'd love to see THQ extend it into 2000/early 2001 if they don't go bust over the next year.

The roster is the largest ever I think, but there's a lot of current guys that aren't included - presuming its for space reasons with the large number of Attitude Era guys. Looking forward to the January DLC that adds Sandow, Chainsaw Charlie and Brian Pillman.

I'm waiting for a patch to fix the numerous glitches before I really get into Universe mode. The lack of two counts really kills the fun for me, so hopefully they fix it sooner rather than later.
 

Mutsumi

Guild Member
I've been playing Crystal Warriors on Game Gear emulator. This is such a wonderful game, even if it is a little primitive by today's standards for its genre. Anyone else here fondly remember this game?
 

20thCenturyBoy

Thousand Master
VoxPhantom said:
I don't think the controls are that bad, they're a lot better than SDVR2011, which was ridiculous in how many moves each wrestler was limited to being able to perform. Can't understand why THQ refuse to embrace the old No Mercy grapple model, which was so brilliant in its simplicity. The reversals do get a little tiring, every match seems to end up as pure mat wrestling - not exactly realistic when you're up against the larger guys!

Attitude Era mode was a load of fun, I'd love to see THQ extend it into 2000/early 2001 if they don't go bust over the next year.

The roster is the largest ever I think, but there's a lot of current guys that aren't included - presuming its for space reasons with the large number of Attitude Era guys. Looking forward to the January DLC that adds Sandow, Chainsaw Charlie and Brian Pillman.

I'm waiting for a patch to fix the numerous glitches before I really get into Universe mode. The lack of two counts really kills the fun for me, so hopefully they fix it sooner rather than later.
Controls probably aren't as bad as I make out, it's just trying to get back into them after not playing it for so long.

I think Attitude Era has been a HUGE selling point, it's the main reason I bought the game, so I'd be very surprised if they didn't continue this idea in future games with other eras (Hogan Era, Invasion/Post Invasion/Brand Split Era, maybe a WCW era? nWo would make a lot of sense but that would mean them giving credit to WCW so low possibility on that somewhat).

I know they're adding current guys via the DLC but I just think the roster looks so small, maybe it's because I'm used to the scrolling down layout from the older games when selecting a wrestler so it seemed like more because you had to go through them all.
 

Max Takeshi

Great Teacher
Just in the middle of doing the Pantry in Virtue's Last Reward.

That's the third room that I've gotten the golden password before the other one, now :?

Also finished The Binding of Isaac again. Don't know if it's supposed to happen, but the earlier levels had the occasional enemy from The Depths/Womb in them. Which made things a hell of a lot harder. I also don't recall beating The Womb before, but apparently did since I got ending number 3. Addictive game, but a little frustating at times.
 

Arbalest

黒い剣士
Moderator
Max Takeshi said:
Just in the middle of doing the Pantry in Virtue's Last Reward.

That's the third room that I've gotten the golden password before the other one, now :?

Also finished The Binding of Isaac again. Don't know if it's supposed to happen, but the earlier levels had the occasional enemy from The Depths/Womb in them. Which made things a hell of a lot harder. I also don't recall beating The Womb before, but apparently did since I got ending number 3. Addictive game, but a little frustating at times.
Have you got Wrath of the Lamb for BoI? If so, then you get new versions of each set of floors. You get the Cellar(basement levels) and such and these are basically the next level up of each set. So you can get some of the later bosses earlier. Adds to the difficulty, but helps keep it fresh too.
 

Aaron

Combat Butler
Started on Epic Mickey 2 last night...nothing extraordinary, but it's a fun platformer (I take what I can get nowadays). Some really nice voicework and animated cutscenes too.
 

Ath

Pokémon Master
Just knocking out some sidequests in Tales of the Abyss before taking on the final dungeon. Have also restarted Tales of Symphonia in the meantime as well.

Finally gotten round to playing Limbo thanks to Playstation Plus, it's very satisfying so far.
 

Max Takeshi

Great Teacher
Virtue's Last Reward - I am completely stumped by the golden password in the Treatment Centre. I haven't got the foggiest :?

Arbalest said:
Max Takeshi said:
Have you got Wrath of the Lamb for BoI? If so, then you get new versions of each set of floors. You get the Cellar(basement levels) and such and these are basically the next level up of each set. So you can get some of the later bosses earlier. Adds to the difficulty, but helps keep it fresh too.
I know about it (was scared off by the fact I have trouble sometimes with the floors I do know :(), but am mightily tempted. Steam sale tomorrow... 0.99p, perhaps?
 

Mutsumi

Guild Member
World of Tanks. Sure, it may be a free game, but it is actually bloody good fun. I've yet to spend anything (the game is full of optional microtransactions) yet I feel things are still fair and balanced. Mostly, if you put in real money you get boosts to experience, in-game currency, and exclusive tanks only purchasable with the premium in-game currency. I'm having none of that though, I'm just playing, earning exp, unlocking new parts, buying and mounting them; all the regular slow way, and I'm still really enjoying the game. I recommend anyone to try it out, especially since it is free.
 

FourthLion

Adventurer
Since I decided Xmas and last months Wii U werent expensive enough, I got drunk and won a Vita on ebay (bargain for £120 with a mem card though right? someone help me justify it!). Coincidentally getting drunk and bidding on ebay is also how i got my first xbox 360 back in 2007. Maybe I shouldnt get drunk near computers.

Anyway I absolutely love it so far and since I'm a PS+ member I already have uncharted and gravity rush. That twin stick shooter on PS+ is great for playing on the train too, even if I can't remember it's name.
 

Ath

Pokémon Master
Tales of the Abyss beaten! It started out very rough (I despised the cast...which doesn't help), but I persevered and it really came good. Luke in particular really developed well and I really appreciate his character growth. Am now playing Symphonia while I wait for Xillia to come.

(This is the part where Arby comes in and tells me he beat it last night isn't it?)
 

GolGotha

Death Scythe
Been playing Dragon Age Origins and as my brother has got Dishonoured for xmas so I will probably be playing that as well over the next few weeks until he goes back to Uni
 

memorium

Za Warudo
I'm playing Oblivion for the first time in about 2 years, already I'm exploiting everything I can think of about that game regarding the skills system, now that I've figured out the leveling system and how to get bonuses on attributes, hopefully this will mean my characters won't suck as much.
 
Top