What Games Are You Playing?

Anarchy Reigns - Got this on friday and completed it yesterday. It's not long, but then again that feels like a deliberate move. You have to complete the game twice anyways, once starting from the black side, once starting from the white side. It's a good beat-em-up with a pretty decent setting and, dare i say attitude to it. Something you would only get from Platinum games for sure, and as always they do give a pretty enjoyable experience. Despite the characters though, the world is completely alternate to that of madworld, so if you're expecting this to be a sequel, it's not.

In terms of gameplay, it's nice and simple, but the multiplayer aspect(which i imagine will take up a good chunk of time as well) adds a new depth to it as well, so it can be a little harder to master than you'd expect. The story mode is decent enough, but it's nothing epic. Good fun for sure though.

I think this could easily be one of those games that's not hard to platinum. There isn't any trophies for multiplayer from what i could tell(which is kind of refreshing) so it's all down to the single player. So i'll probably work on that for a while.

Also playing a bit of League of Legends now the 3rd season has began, 3/4s of the way through Catherine(first playthrough) and still playing Halo 4 when i get the time as well.

Wooooo, found somewhere with internet access!

Ahem, I'm still out in Bangladesh so I'm relying on my 3DS a lot to keep me entertained. Chrono Trigger is still an absolute joy to play as ever. Been making some progress on my replay of Radiant Historia as well, I'm aiming for the true ending this time. Slowly getting through Kid Icarus Uprising as well, definitely one of the funniest games I've played in a long time. I've had it on hold for the last few months due to the save bug, but I might get back to Virtue's Last Reward too.

I've just seen the news that Ni no Kuni is delayed by a week though :(

Oh, Japan. Never change.

Have you heard that the new Corpse Party game, Book of Shadows, is going to be released on PSN next week? Sounds a bit more user friendly with the ability to save anywhere and skip previously seen events.

Gameplay in Corpse Party: Book of Shadows takes on an all-new point-and-click mechanic, showcasing the spine-tingling events experienced by the game’s characters from a first-person perspective. As the terror level rises for individual characters, the game’s “darkening” system will slowly distort the game’s visuals and alter the students’ decision-making abilities. “Wrong ends”, while just as disturbing, come with fewer consequences this time around, as players can save anywhere and fast-forward through events they’ve already seen in order to expedite the process of achieving each scenario’s true ending.

I haven't finished corpse party either. Went a bit mad when I bought my vita and got that, Persona and a bunch of other games and played a couple of hours of each. Will get round to them eventually if that pesky Playstation Plus service stops giving me other free games.

At home I'm mostly playing DmC and Anarchy Reigns. So I'm feeling pretty badass.

Can't wait for Ni No Kuni. Hoping to be done with DmC (first playthrough at least) by the time it hits.

Max Takeshi said:
Returned to Corpse Party. I never did finish it, instead managing to get right near the end and getting a bad ending, so this time it must be done.

Awesome, best to make alternate save files, so if you make a mistake, you can load another save file to save you keep having to restart that last chapter ;)

I have been playing nothing but Skyrim, since I just love the game <3

Max Takeshi said:
Returned to Corpse Party. I never did finish it, instead managing to get right near the end and getting a bad ending, so this time it must be done.

Awesome, best to make alternate save files, so if you make a mistake, you can load another save file to save you keep having to restart that last chapter ;)

I have been playing nothing but Skyrim, since I just love the game <3

One of my friends suggested I try WoW, despite years of some reluctance to do so. But I've relented and have given it a go. I made my character the other night and started messing around in it today.

It is just far too easy to get sucked in. I told myself I'd only play it for a little while, just kill some critters and get a feel for it, then I found the Frostmane Hovel. 'Okay, so I'll explore this and kill some of these guys for a bit, level up some'. I kept telling myself that I'd kill just a couple more guys and then stop, I think I killed everyone in there a couple times over...Then I started doing quests!

I done a few and I've managed to stop myself because I could sense it getting out of hand. I kinda see now why people get ridiculously addicted to this.

I've been playing Broken Sword: The Director's Cut. I almost wish I hadn't been. A better title for this version might have been Broken Sword: The Shadow of its Former Self. Gone is George's evocative opening monologue. Gone is some of the lovely fluid animation, inexplicably replaced with those awful cheap Clutch Cargo-esque "animated" stills (also seen in the horrifying - for all the wrong reasons - new Baldur's Gate EE intro).

Watch this. Now if you aren't biting your fist and crying after 34 seconds of this then I'm sorry, but you have no soul.

Updating the character model for Nico but no-one else just makes her look completely out of place in the old sections of the game, and George is made to look out of place by providing him with a new character portrait which looks nothing like his on screen character model or his appearances in the animated sections. And is it just me, or have the characters stopped moving their mouths when they talk? Will have to reinstall the original and see.

The new puzzles would be more challenging if there wasn't a graphical indicator to every object and point of interest on the screen which can't be turned off and Nico didn't keep giving the player glaringly obvious verbal hints. Why not just provide an on screen walk-through while you're at it? Oh wait, if you go into the menu, there it is. I like the idea of the inclusion of Nico as a playable character. I like the idea of the parallel story lines. But the execution just seems so amateurish. I can't bring myself to hold any malice against Revolution for this - all I feel is genuine, crushing disappointment. I just pray to Baphomet the new game I've already funded is going to be better than this.

Rena Ryuugu said:

Yep, learnt that lesson :p

Anyway, done and done with Corpse Party.

As much as parts of this game were absorbing and generally creepy I found the Wrong End(s) to be plain annoying - ESPECIALLY the final section. Got to the final part and did everything right but got the Bad Ending and just could not work out why, used a guide and apparently it was because... Yuka went to the toilet.

:|

lolwut?

So that's it, folks, if you want to survive a ghostly deathtrap school... NEVER let your little sister take a leak.

I found the end of chapter 4/start of chapter 5 to be incredibly horrible, and that's praise for something in the horror genre. Nice music, excellent performances (especially Ikue Ōtani as Sachiko), and a story which didn't go where I thought it would. Fan service spoiled things a bit and those flippin' Wrong Ends through silly decisions were irksome indeed.

6/10

But it was certainly nice to see something like this get a Western release. And with Book of Shadows and the anime out this year it's good news for all.

Last edited by a moderator:
DmC - Started on friday, completed it today. Nephilim difficulty is actually fairly easy despite being the hardest you can start on, which is a little bit of a pain, but at least there is another 3-4 difficulties available to make things interesting in later playthroughs, which there is that push to do. You can't unlock everything in one playthrough, purely because you don't have the equipment to do so until later on. And then there is the SSS run you can do, which i'm in the middle off, giving that speed and skill challenge i hoped for. So all in all, it's great. Far better than i expected, and the story too is pretty cleverly done. Bring on DmC2

Carrying on with ZombiU.

Got to the infamous Baconfields nursery section.

I just... don't find 'jump' moments scary at all :( But to its credit they were presented in an original and quite creative (if maybe actually a bit predictable) way, just... not... scary. Either that or I've become desensitised.

After that I died thanks to the game doing its 'Loading' thing while I was waiting for a door to open, hence five zombies pouring in through a door and no ammo to hold them off. Not one of the game's best designed moments :mad:

Have just hit a complete shambles of a bug in ZombieU.

Died from another player's zombie being stuck in a ventilation shaft - the thing was stuck in the shaft, glitched everywhere, couldn't even push past him to just squeeze past. Eventually tried my luck, he killed me in one hit. Got back to the same place and my previous player zombie was in exactly the same predicament. Died a few times now.

Ubisoft, if you in the remote chance read this message - SORT BUGS LIKE THIS OUT!

Also Ni No Kuni

Hmmm; Feels (and looks) like what Eternal Sonata 2 would've been. Battle system feels very stagnant and ancient, which in turn makes it feel like Level 5's Dragon Quest VIII, oddly.

There's been some dreadful Ghibli storytelling practices so far, not lest the facepalm over the car incident.

Early days, granted, but the genre has moved on in huge steps of recent years and this just feels like an early PS2 game.

Stick with Ni No Kuni Max, the storytelling gets better. I was groaning a lot in the prologue too, but it gets better. Ghibli seem to take a backseat to Level-5 after the first couple of hours too, which IMO (and I love Ghibli) is for the better in this case.

The battle system also changes a lot as you go on. Keeps it really simple and watered down for the first 5 or so hours, but when you get other partners etc it gets pretty fast paced and even occasionally difficult later. becomes a lot more like Final Fantasy XII than DQ VIII (which I appreciate is still a PS2 game!).

I also completed DmC recently and loved it. Glad to see someone else did Arbalest, I see too many people moaning about it online. Not every game can be Devil May Cry 3 and people should get over themselves.

FourthLion said:
Stick with Ni No Kuni Max, the storytelling gets better. I was groaning a lot in the prologue too, but it gets better. Ghibli seem to take a backseat to Level-5 after the first couple of hours too, which IMO (and I love Ghibli) is for the better in this case.

The battle system also changes a lot as you go on. Keeps it really simple and watered down for the first 5 or so hours, but when you get other partners etc it gets pretty fast paced and even occasionally difficult later. becomes a lot more like Final Fantasy XII than DQ VIII (which I appreciate is still a PS2 game!).

That's good to know, I've got to the volcano and still not overly impressed, to be honest - it just feels so... ordinary. Might put it aside for a bit.

Also haven't finished Recettear, actually...

Too many RPGS :x

Oh, and playing PSP Everybody's Tennis. Liking that, so I'm not going through a saturated bitter phrase :p

Just finished Dead Space 3 yesterday on co-op with a friend. Really enjoyed it actually, turned out better than expected.

Also tired out the full version -not the demo- of Aliens Colonial Marines and I can't say I'm impressed.

For something that was push back time and time again the end result is pretty poor both gameplay and visuals.

I looks like something I should be playing on my ps2 or even older and as for the AI I think my friend put it perfectly "AI that would struggle to match up to the one from pong" XD

I was really looking forward to this I don't know if playing co-op will make it any more bearable...

Playing 3 things atm (if all goes to plan). Bought DOA5 for the PS3 so I'm on that atm. Also playing Tera Online since it's gone Free-to-play...
And the most anticipated event for me has just been discovered: I've finally found a way to connect my PSP to the PC/PSP Store! So the 1st thing I'm heading towards is none other than...
Corpse Party!!!!!

Just have to wait until I get the update of my system and it should be able to download it. :D :D
Now back to DOA5 for the time being.

Edit: Yush! Download's done, and now have CP on PSP. :D

Back