What Games Are You Playing?

That sounds really tempting to buy Reevo, how dos the game feel? vast and empty, are there ways to teleport to other locations, is there a grind system to get to lvl 5 or some way of increasing the class or job of your charcter?

On topic, i'm playing;

The Maw on the 360,
Zelda: the phantom hourglass and spirit tracks on DS,
Back to another season of monster hunter freedom unite on the psp (leading myself up to monster hunter 3 ultimate on 3DS)

and just for nostalgia i'm playing emulated ROMS's of Super metroid (SNES) and Zelda A link to the past (SNES)

Taking a gap from PS3 Gaming for a few weeks.

I'd better do some Final impressions then (handing the game back to Blockbusters tomorrow)

I'm not going to complete it, so i'll have to when I buy it but I've warmed up to the game.

The main story is pretty forgettable at the moment, it has no focus, plus there are parts to the game that reminds me of other games but that's not the main reason why you would play it.

I said you can join online players in the same mission area and complete it together, well, there are crystals that generate randomly around the map - you can't defeat these on your own but you will most likely see other players trying to destroy it, since they hold big rewards. Even bigger is if you defeat all the crystals in a widespread area, it will trigger a huge monster that appears in the middle of that widespread area and everyone has 20 mins to defeat it. This is the best thing about Defiance along with the different weapon loot you can get.

Still buggy and probably not near the best MMO but it can be fun, which is a nice surprise.

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked - I realise before anyone says, that there is that game-stalling bug in using the "Summon" option during battle, but i've decided to not use it at all. So far i'm up to Day 2, and i've not had a crash or a stall. At least up until now, you don't need to use "Summon" to enjoy the game, heck i feel i'm enjoying it plenty enough as is, and the fact that i've chose not to use it adds a little challenge to the game as well. Which is great. I'm about 6 hours into the first playthrough as well, so taking it slow, but enjoying it all the same.

Finished Lego City Undercover in 25 hours with only 28% complete.

Some games peter out at the end, with the likes of either a rushed final section or a damp squib finale.

Lego City Undercover WAS NOT one of those games. An outstanding final section with truly epic music, visuals and humour. Really was not expecting that :eek:

But sadly that's that. Was a fun open world game that had some design (namely having to repeat the Special Assignments to collect everything, and also the 'rush' nearing the end that stopped you from playing around in the city) and technical issues, but the design, humour and satisfaction it created override them comfortably. And with Frank Honey we've found a new classic game character.

Now to find everything.

7/10

They've just said about a 3DS lego undercover game that will be coming out in summer (IIRC) and the storyline is pre wii u title so keep a look out if you really enjoyed the wii u game.

As for me, i'm now 10 hours into 3 ultimate and the new weapons are just beautiful, sure the GS, Hammer, hunting horn and lance hasnt really changed but for everything else there are new types right off the bat, i'm unlocking more and more each time and the general "top tier" swords of the previous games that literally everyone had to default to, to progress (devil slicer and eager cleaver) are none existent in this game (meaning the weapons have been rounded off abit more so people dont have to turn to certain weapons to progress, you can use anything)

I'm just waiting for payday now, i'll be buying a wii u and taking the hunt online :) if what i've heard is correct though, a patch will be released soon so that 3DS gamers can play online with other 3DS and Wii U hunters but only to join hunts, to create a party you'd still need a Wii U.... but anyway its exciting stuff :)

My younger Brother and I finally finished Resident Evil 6 back on the weekend. Since I've only played 2 of the RE Wii games before and half of RE 5 on the PS3, I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed playing 6. Please no abuse here since it's pretty obvious I am not a gamer haha. I think he and I are going to resume completing 5 at some point. 6 made me sad though :(

I also think Chris redfield is a babe :p :)

-Danielle- said:
My younger Brother and I finally finished Resident Evil 6 back on the weekend. Since I've only played 2 of the RE Wii games before and half of RE 5 on the PS3, I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed playing 6. Please no abuse here since it's pretty obvious I am not a gamer haha. I think he and I are going to resume completing 5 at some point. 6 made me sad though :(

I just finished Resident Evil 6 the other day and I agree with you, it's a fun game and I think all the hate it got was harsh. And thats coming from someone who has played all the core RE titles since the PS1 days and only disliked RE4 *raises flame shield*.

Going to start Spec Ops: The Line tomorrow, and I'm also replaying Over-G Fighters (I must be one of the few people worldwide who actually enjoy this game).

Guacamelee. Quite simply the best game I've downloaded in a good while. Might as well be called Lucha Metroid, because it does the same kind of things that made Super Metroid so good. This game is also filled with references to retro games and internet memes. Highly recommended.

The Guild-01 games are on sale in the 3DS eShop at the moment, so I took the opportunity to buy Crimson Shroud. I love the look and sound of the game so far, feels like I'm playing a tabletop RPG. The dice mechanics and the characters being rendered as figurines really add to that. Definitely getting a Vagrant Story vibe from the writing too, though that's not surprising coming from Matsuno.

Have also been playing Gunman Clive since that was on sale last week, terrific fun for £1.50.

You could say I've been playing with the 3DS XL... but that transfer scenario from the original to this is a complete and utter shambles of trite nonsense.

So many checks to set it up: You have to be connected to the internet and swap SD cards to attain data - then you have to copy your original SD card data to a PC and then copy that to the new card (if you want to, that is), and then you have to download everything again from the eshop (including Fire emblem). This is NOT how to do things, Nintendo.

And best of all was the utter horror of thinking I'd lost all my Streetpass data. Create extra memory? :eek: Only to then find nothing on the puzzle panels but the original panels themselves, and only Streetpass Quest 1 available.

Go back in and... everything is there. Relief.

To fight piracy, fair enough - but still... a completely incompetent way of handling what should have been a simple and clean process.

elixEideJ said:
-Danielle- said:

I just finished Resident Evil 6 the other day and I agree with you, it's a fun game and I think all the hate it got was harsh. And thats coming from someone who has played all the core RE titles since the PS1 days and only disliked RE4 *raises flame shield*.

I agree with you. RE6 has been tremendous fun to play in co-op much like RE5. I didn't like RE4 much either.

I'm playing Etrian Odyssey and flicking through the Fire Emblem art book which I got last Friday.

Genkina Hito said:
elixEideJ said:
-Danielle- said:

I agree with you. RE6 has been tremendous fun to play in co-op much like RE5. I didn't like RE4 much either.

I'm playing Etrian Odyssey and flicking through the Fire Emblem art book which I got last Friday.

I guess if you aren't that big into RE, it's not bad. RE6 is better in MP as well i won't deny it, but the story and everything else annoyed the hell out of me. I know they wanted to make the game accessible for others, but by completely removing the horror, it just doesn't feel like RE anymore, and that makes me a sad panda. Again, i think i've raged over it too much since release, i need to stop XD but that's my opinion from being a fan since REmake and 0, so yeah.

On another note, i've been playing Fire Emblem: Awakening on the 3DS a lot this past week, and it's so good. Not too far into it at the moment, only 9 chapters in, but it's fire emblem through and through. Not only that, the soundtrack is really nice, something i wish to buy if i could find a place to do so.

In other games, SMT: devil Survivor Overclocked and Castlevania: Order of Eclessia are my other addictions at the moment, gone into a bit of a handheld gaming spree.

Hell Yeah, and Space Channel 5: Part 2.

Hell Yeah is ridiculous over-the-top fun. The executions are funny, though I'm seeing a few repeated now.

Space Channel 5: Part 2 is, like most rhythm games, one where you copy the commands on screen to the beat of the music. Very fun, very stylish, and very cheap now too I believe.

My Brother is getting Fire Emblem. Its the only thing making him want to use his 3DS again, that and the other Pokemon game coming out this year (can't remember its name right now :(). I'll probably play once he's done. He's really liking Mercenaries mode on RE6 still so he and I have been doing that. I kind of miss just doing brawls with him on Super Smash Bros :p :)

I only have a Wii and a PS2 at my house and no game has tempted me on either of those for ages apart from Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword on the Wii. Maybe i'll get that in the future when it reduces in price even more hehe.

Do you mean the new pokemon dungeon?

I think i have blue team, played it for all of 10 minutes and got bored.... the new one however looks like it'll be alot more fun especially with the 3d characters instead of the 2d of blue team.

Put in about 35 hours of monster hunter 3 ultimate now, i've finally hit high rank which means things just got alot more serious, i'm loving the game and to say its an extention of tri would have been correct on face value but in actual fact alot of the weapons and armours have been revised, the new monsters look amazing and the multiplayer port that was in tri has not made it to 3 ultimate, instead they have given us port tanzia which is a completely new hub, the colourful hubs, beautiful backgrounds and realistic scenery of the maps are just perfect. Thoroughly looking forward to 4 next year :)

Probably means Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, which are due out in October.

Personally, I've been playing Fire Emblem: Awakening a lot - absolutely love it. I've also played a little bit of Black Rock Shooter. PSP games look weird.

Max Takeshi said:
You could say I've been playing with the 3DS XL... but that transfer scenario from the original to this is a complete and utter shambles of trite nonsense.

So many checks to set it up: You have to be connected to the internet and swap SD cards to attain data - then you have to copy your original SD card data to a PC and then copy that to the new card (if you want to, that is), and then you have to download everything again from the eshop (including Fire emblem). This is NOT how to do things, Nintendo.

And best of all was the utter horror of thinking I'd lost all my Streetpass data. Create extra memory? :eek: Only to then find nothing on the puzzle panels but the original panels themselves, and only Streetpass Quest 1 available.

Go back in and... everything is there. Relief.

To fight piracy, fair enough - but still... a completely incompetent way of handling what should have been a simple and clean process.
All I did was just did a system transfer between my 3DS and my 3DS XL (which is in the Options menu), then just popped the SD card I'd used with my 3DS into my XL and everything's been fine.

I think you just complicated things for yourself there xD

Still playing Fire Emblem Awakening, still awesome. Bought the Champions of Yore DLC pack too, so I have now recruited Roy which is cool.

Also been playing the Rayman Legends Challenges app on Wii U. Great fun, especially since it's free!

Back