What Games Are You Playing?

Still going through FFXIII-2 and have only just beat (chapter 2 boss) Atlus. Fortunately my impressions are more favourable then when I played it at the EG expo and the demo, more specifically monster team mates. I guess I just didn't gel with them at the time, but they're better then I was perceiving them to be! I would still prefer a third "dedicated" party member but...The monster system could be quite interesting. I'm a bit cautious to start using my mats to upgrade them, especially when it's clear that there's going to be better ones right around the corner, as the costs could get astronomical towards end game if I go for the platinum again...

Currently on the one free day i'll have for weeks. Contemplating whether to carry on with FFXIII-2, or do what I did with MGS 2 last week and just play MGS 3 non-stop...Hmm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question to all others playing Skyrim.

Is it just me or the moment you hit level's 20-25 suddenly people who you where able to OHKO are suddenly badasses with the same armour but can take alot more hits?

I know that as you progress blood dragons and elder dragons start appearing instead of the black fire types and the black frost types, but i figured most bandits are still meant to be a OHKO - suddenly they are taking alot more to kill.

I haven't changed the difficulty settings at all. Devastation magic is mid 70's and fire + ice attacks do +50% damage (perks)

ilmaestro said:
Playing plenty of Soul Calibur V. Great game.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
I guess it's a Star Wars thing.
There is no difference for Star Wars, though.

You watch A New Hope, then Empire, then Jedi in both instances. >_>

No I meant, for people who watch 1-6 and those who watch 4-6 then 1-3

MercenaryRaiden said:
Currently on the one free day i'll have for weeks. Contemplating whether to carry on with FFXIII-2, or do what I did with MGS 2 last week and just play MGS 3 non-stop...Hmm.

The latter. THE LATTER! THE LATTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!! *explodes for no reason*

Sparrowsabre7 said:
ilmaestro said:
Playing plenty of Soul Calibur V. Great game.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
I guess it's a Star Wars thing.
There is no difference for Star Wars, though.

You watch A New Hope, then Empire, then Jedi in both instances. >_>

No I meant, for people who watch 1-6 and those who watch 4-6 then 1-3
I think he knew exactly what you meant. ;)

Also, I don't think he approved of 1-3. I'll post a clip from Spaced later to explain. :)

Sparrowsabre7 said:
MercenaryRaiden said:

The latter. THE LATTER! THE LATTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!! *explodes for no reason*

I almost did. I was stood up and had MGS's box in my hand, but I thought I'd just finish up what I was doing on FFXIII-2 so that I knew what to do when I next fired it up. That took about 9 hours and I no longer had time for MGS! I can't wait until I do start MGS 3 properly though, it's the game that I was looking forward to replaying the most out of the HD collection, but it'll be some time away now sadly.

FFXIII-2 is going fairly well though. I've gotten as far as opening up most of the gates on the left hand side of the Historia Crux, although I only have about 20-odd fragments. I did a small bit of grinding (30 mins) to grab a Behemoth so that I could have a second decent Com. I then gave it a hat and I can't stop laughing at it every time the battle ends! I've now finished (and by finished I mean got all of the available spells) both Rav and Med crystarium for Serah, and Com and Syn for Noel (Yeah, Synergist. Not quite sure what my reasoning behind that was, but I've not put a foot wrong in battles since so...)

I'm enjoying the plot, although I was someone who did get into the characters and the world of FFXIII. It's nice to revisit some of the previous areas and see what's happend to them, as well as some of the characters and background information.

Ha, awesome, we did some things exactly the same (as soon as I saw the Behemoth I had to have one of my own... and put a hat on him. Orange and white stripes. Almost all my monsters wear this at some point. I was able to beat him as soon as I met them, but actually getting the crystal took quite a few attempts! I also gave Noel access to Syn pretty early, but not before extra ATB and enough carry capacity for a second accessory) and some things quite differently (I stuck with Cait Sith as my Med and opened up Sab for Serah).

I also made a palette swap edit for Leixia in SCV, so that she looks more like Serah. :s

Mutsumi said:
ilmaestro said:
Mutsumi said:
I think he knew exactly what you meant. ;)
:)

I don't hate the prequels, but a lot of things they did were... a shame.

Obviously the originals were the best, and I think the prequels suffer as a result of being compared to such greatness. I liked them though. :)
I think on balance I like them in isolation, but I don't like that they compromise the originals.

ilmaestro said:
Ha, awesome, we did some things exactly the same (as soon as I saw the Behemoth I had to have one of my own... and put a hat on him. Orange and white stripes. Almost all my monsters wear this at some point. I was able to beat him as soon as I met them, but actually getting the crystal took quite a few attempts! I also gave Noel access to Syn pretty early, but not before extra ATB and enough carry capacity for a second accessory) and some things quite differently (I stuck with Cait Sith as my Med and opened up Sab for Serah).

Yes! I adore that hat. It is a brilliant hat, although I was tempted to swap to the Graduation hat I just put that one onto another monster.

Actually it seems we did play pretty similarly up till there. I had Cait Sith as my Med too until around that point. I swapped out for Serah so that I could have Raise, as I was struggling to survive. Once I realised my Hoplite could get almost 2k health easily, thanks to being a quick leveler, whilst also having a decent attack power I planned on just grinding out battles as a Med-Sen-Com. Although the CP from the grinding was fairly good, so I could go a bit riskier quite quickly.

I must admit to being completely wrong about the monster side of the game. All of my worries have certainly been cleared up, especially as some of my monsters have been stronger then Serah or Noel at points! It's quite a good system to, and I'm starting to dabble in some infusion to make my new additions a bit stronger. I've also gone back on my "not upgrading monsters, to save money" tactic, which does seem a bit silly in hindsight. More than enough materials available just by fighting.

Yes, I quickly levelled up another Med to get Raise although the fact that both main characters have access to Sen from the start makes things a lot easier early on against enemies such as the Behemoth imo. I also used Hoplite for a time as he is super easy to level up at that early stage, but I don't like the design much so I swapped to my Behemoth once I'd levelled him a little. The next good Com I got my hands on I held on to for a while, but I won't mention which one as I don't know exactly how far you are.

ilmaestro said:
Yes, I quickly levelled up another Med to get Raise although the fact that both main characters have access to Sen from the start makes things a lot easier early on against enemies such as the Behemoth imo. I also used Hoplite for a time as he is super easy to level up at that early stage, but I don't like the design much so I swapped to my Behemoth once I'd levelled him a little. The next good Com I got my hands on I held on to for a while, but I won't mention which one as I don't know exactly how far you are.

I've got my hands on another MED, can't remember the name but it's the medic flan from the Augusta Tower, whom I have yet to level up yet. In fact I'm only using a second Med as part of a MED-SEN-MED "Emergency heal the heck up, FAST" paradigm, that only needs to happen if things go a little bottoms up!

I wish I knew about how easy it was to level a Hoplite earlier, as I didn't get to fully utilise how strong he is early game. I might know the COM that you're on about, because I got my hands on a new one in the Archlyte Steppe as I finished up tonight. Not had a chance to level it up, but it seems rather good. And spoilering cause it is kinda large...I am of course talking about a Chocobo! I'm going to level him up on the side, however I'm really unsure about whether I want to keep him or my Behemoth. They both seem to be lingering around the same strength levels at the moment, although I haven't actually tested the Chocobo out in combat yet. The Behemoths Feral Link is rather good too...

Aha, cool, I was actually talking about one you get from the other branch of Episode 3, Puchinero in the Sunleth Waterscape, his stats outstrip Behemoth by a decent chunk, but I did also keep using Behemoth for a while too because of that awesome Feral Link. I won't mention anything about Chocobos. :s

Completed Goldeneye Reloaded yesterday. It's actually one of the better FPS experiences I've had in a while. They've clearly put a lot of thought into the single player with multiple ways to navigate a level and approach a situation. It's definitely better in the stealth sections than out and out firefights though, since then it's just like most other shooters. The final level was kind of frustrating too, but most of the levels were really good. The standouts were Facility, Carrier (Frigate), Archives, Jungle, and Solar (Caverns/Control)

Going to finish Red Faction Guerilla today if I can, not long left. Hopefully I'll finish it in enough time to start on Peace Walker too.

Edit: ugh, had to do a bunch of lame side-missions to open up the last few main ones, so I put RFG on hold to give PW a shot. It's...different. For those worried that they wouldn't be able to go back to 2 after, you'd be sorely mistaken, for all the stuff PW adds it taketh away. You have some nifty new gadgets and the aiming and shooting is more intuitive, but you can now no longer crawl or move bodies, or even move them while in a chokehold which is really irritating. Nonetheless it's still a lot of fun, though you need to avoid being heard rather than seen. You can be 5 inches from an enemy, clearly in his peripheral vision and yet he won't notice unless you walk slightly too fast.

Stil the bodies thing isn't much of a problem since you can balloon them out, but it takes a lot of restraint to not accidentally try and move a hostage and thus hurl them into the nearest object creating a large amount of noise.

Not as far into FFXIII-2 as you guys, still being on Chapter 3: Part 2(?).

But literally ran into that first Caius battle and had a hell of a long time beating the sod (after grinding). Then realised that you simply poison him to negate his regen spell.

It might sound very cruel, but I am taking immense pleasure in grabbing and throwing that damn Moogle.

Ooooooh more people playing FFXIII-2! I might as well talk about mine too then! :p

Currently using Albino Lono as my RAV. I don't use COM as much, since Noel does the job well, as does Serah if pushed, but when I do yup I use Behemoth too~. I don't really run with a Healer, since I just Combat Clinic with Pulsework Knight (Max level so easy to achieve after grinding to get him) and all is good. I normally run Delta Attack or Relentless Assault. But I do keep the Behemoth incase I wanna run Cerberus or COM-COM-RAV (with Serah as Rav)

I'm loving the story so far, and the OST actually. I loved XIII (despite lots of negative reviews toward it) and am loving XIII-2 so much more already! I really do think Serah is a fantastic character. Her outfits could be a bit better, I definitely prefer her XIII look, but I'm happy with them. Noel on the other hand... I wouldn't mind a DLC Alt. for him, the GAME one just looks silly imo...

Currently grinding in Archylte Steppe (??? AF) to get me a new RAV in the form of Cloudburst, before I go back to Sunleth Waterscape (300AF) to beat that Royal Ripeness and progress to Episode 4 (^_^)

Must say I'm tempted to get the Lightning DLC to use her as my RAV though... I do miss using Lightning <3

Haha, Light is pretty OP from what I hear, so you might want to hold off until post-game.

There are DLC outfits for Serah and Noel on the Japanese store, I'm surprised they didn't put them on the EU one when they released Light.

ilmaestro said:
Haha, Light is pretty OP from what I hear, so you might want to hold off until post-game.

There are DLC outfits for Serah and Noel on the Japanese store, I'm surprised they didn't put them on the EU one when they released Light.

Yeah I think it'd weird me out having her in the party too, so I'll probs just wait till end of the game~

Don't get me wrong though, I do like Serah and Noels outfits, I just think Noels maybe could have been a touch better~

Back