What Games Are You Playing?

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Bit the bullet and re-bought New Mario Bros on ebay for about £15. Ninty games stay pricey for a ridiculously long time. Mario 64 Ds is still £25 new...

Your now joking, i've had my eye on that game for ages now :/

OT:

Playing Skyrim still, managed to travel around most of the map and bought a house to take my treasures back to and hit lvl 17 and fighting blood dragons are abit more troublesome than the normal black or frost types. Saw a dragon actually stuck in a doorway yesterday, very weird.

Tachi said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
Bit the bullet and re-bought New Mario Bros on ebay for about £15. Ninty games stay pricey for a ridiculously long time. Mario 64 Ds is still £25 new...

Your now joking, i've had my eye on that game for ages now :/

Nope, fraid not. At least that's the price new anyway, cheaper used obviously. (ah, seems amazon's price has now gone don to £23)

Even for second hand its expensive. I've seen it for £25 in most high street stores despite being preowned.

I've had my eye on Pokepark 1 and although it came out ages ago i saw it going for £34.99 at the weekend, shocked doesn't begin to describe myself when i saw that.

Tachi said:
Even for second hand its expensive. I've seen it for £25 in most high street stores despite being preowned.

I've had my eye on Pokepark 1 and although it came out ages ago i saw it going for £34.99 at the weekend, shocked doesn't begin to describe myself when i saw that.

It's because Nintendo is popular so stores know people will pay those prices even for an old game. It's maddening really.

Anyway, I got Sonic in the post yesterday and completed it with Sonic. Mostly easy levels save for the first part of zone 6 which was harder than everything else in the game..

and New Mario Bros today! On world 3 so far. It's a bit tougher than I remember. Not old Ninty hard, but I seem to remember it being easier. That's good though. I'll have fun getting all the coins later.

Skyrim,
I Have destruction robes that replenish 75% majicka with 17% less majicka cost for destruction spells. Mid 60’s destruction magic and fire,frost & spark spells do 50% more damage. Helmet with 25% replinished majicka, ring of archery (15% better archery damage) boots with 40% shock resistance and dwarven gaunts of archery (20% better archery damage) With the sneak damage multiplication the arrows tend to deal high damage, failing that I can just dual cast ice spikes for about 5mins without stopping or running out of majicka. Usually 1 dual caste ice spike is enough to kill things – bar dragons or the giant frostspiders, trolls take 2 fireballs, giants and mammoths.

So far I’m only level 19 and tend to wander around the world for a lot to my time, finding caves but not entering them. Just generally unlocking evenything possible on the map. Have the breezehome in whiterun and on the last part of the winterhold college storyline (just need to get the staff of magnus, looking forward to the arch mage’s robes) and in my spare time I’m a werewolf running around the wilderness. Spend most of my level ups on majicka and health.

Portal 2
Bought the game yesterday, played from 7pm to 11pm and about ¾ of the way through the game, the brilliant voice acting of Stephen merchant has really involved me as a player and made the story and risks believable. Spent about 30mins on 1 puzzle in the old testing grounds, the one with the ramp… I managed to get that all set up in minutes but then I kept shorting the jump. Have to say that I’ve never played portal before and this is a really enjoyable game though I can see a significant similarity between GLaDOS and Rui. Not in the malicious way – just the personality.

Nearly done with Double Agent. Also have a craving for MGS... might take on the Ocelot unit later, I had trouble last time which bugged me, because in the main game I remember acing that part, but the boss survival part I just fail at :p

edit: Done, but sloppily... I now feel like I might have to get the HD collection after all... curses lol. At least it's the substance and subsistence versions of MGS and the originals only cost me about £10 between them, so it's not too much of a waste, plus Peace Walker.

How hard are Metal Gear 1 and 2 btw to anyone who's played them?

ilmaestro said:
FFXIII-2. Predictably excellent so far, but I do need to change Serah's silly default outfit to the DLC one when I get a chance.

fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-mad-jealous-3cf473.jpg

私は うらやましい だ (=_=)

君のFFXII-2は 日本語 ですか?

D:

Not really about a game I'm playing but I didn't want to create a whole new thread for this.

This new character Rachel in Resident Evil: Revelations has an offensively stupid design. First off, there's the nonsensically large cleavage, which, while par for a lot of japanese (and indeed western) games these days, is not very Resi.

Yes, resi heroines are designed to be attractive and usually have provocative alt costumes, but this is just taking the term "abosulte cleavage" and sprinting with it.

But the worst part is the hair. It covers her entire face, how the **** does she see? This is one of the dumbest looking human characters I've seen in a game...

616px-Rachel_discovers_ooze_slime.jpg

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Not really about a game I'm playing but I didn't want to create a whole new thread for this.

This new character Rachel in Resident Evil: Revelations has an offensively stupid design. First off, there's the nonsensically large cleavage, which, while par for a lot of japanese (and indeed western) games these days, is not very Resi.

Yes, resi heroines are designed to be attractive and usually have provocative alt costumes, but this is just taking the term "abosulte cleavage" and sprinting with it.

But the worst part is the hair. It covers her entire face, how the **** does she see? This is one of the dumbest looking human characters I've seen in a game...

Not sure if joking..... or gay.

Fruits Punch Samurai said:
君のFFXII-2は 日本語 ですか?
Yup, game isn't out in English til next month. It's taken me a while to get around to as I decided to replay XIII first, and that ended up taking me longer than expected. XIII-2 is looking perhaps even more addictive though, about 7 hours in now.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
First off, there's the nonsensically large cleavage, which, while par for a lot of japanese (and indeed western) games these days, is not very Resi.
What, you managed to miss Excella in 5? :lol:

ilmaestro said:
君のFFXII-2は 日本語 ですか?
Yup, game isn't out in English til next month. It's taken me a while to get around to as I decided to replay XIII first, and that ended up taking me longer than expected. XIII-2 is looking perhaps even more addictive though, about 7 hours in now.

Yeah, I'm aware. I'm counting down until that comes out... I'll be definately getting it on release :p

I'm so jealous of you right now (=_=) :p lol

It really is a very nicely put together game, even down to the variation in the dialog you can select during Live Trigger events. There are the usual "sensible" options and some overly serious options, but you can also play Serah as a very aloof, borderline silly little girl. Far more entertaining than the "range" that is given to characters in Mass Effect and the like.

Tachi said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:

Not sure if joking..... or gay.

Gay jokes. Hilarious ¬_¬ I don't have an issue with tits, but there's a time and a place and this ain't it. Maybe in MGS or Ninja Gaiden but not Resi

@ilmaes: That's not quite they same, yes she had big'uns but it suited her character as a Monica Belluci esque upper class bitch and wasn't a stupidly stereotypical "skintight wetsuit" design. Jill had that battle suit sure, but her chest is no where near as pronounced, even when she rips the suit open.

ilmaestro said:
FFXIII-2. Predictably excellent so far, but I do need to change Serah's silly default outfit to the DLC one when I get a chance.

fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-mad-jealous-3cf473.jpg

私は うらやましい だ (=_=)

君のFFXII-2は 日本語 ですか?

D:

Soooo... You finished VII or XIII yet?

Back