What Games Are You Playing?

Playing through the PC version of Super Meatboy. Completely finished the 360 version back in February, but the Steam sale, along with cheap soundtrack offer called out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H37HJSEl4ug

Oh, Cotten Alley :evil:

Is now my text receive tone

vashdaman said:
I've also heard people recently talk of Xenoblade in similar light(about it i doing away with all the archaic genre tropes ), however it seems to have received far more universal love.

Because it was a million times better, that's why :wink:

Think I'll plough through that again on New Game+. One hit every enemy other than bosses will be the ultimate payback.

Got Guwange since it was on sale, trying to get 200g on this game is a nightmare. Also picked up a copy of El Shaddai for £5 in the GAME xmas sale, gonna blast through it soon.

vash: can you believe Xenoblade dropped as low as £9.99 in GAME's sale! D: Sold out in a quick minute, obviously, along with some other ridiculous bargains that they had.

I've been playing Scratches (or: Call Jerry, the Game).

It might have been scarier if they had hired more than three voice actors... and if any of them were actually any good. Actually, perhaps it makes it more scary.

Call the Bank - "Hi Jerry, what are you doing at the bank..? Oh, oh I'm sorry, I thought you were someone else."

Call the Police - "J... Jerry?"

I finished Suikoden Tierkreis yesterday. Absolutely loved it.

The final boss battle felt epic with this music playing.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0J7XXyqAA78?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0J7XXyqAA78?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I was just one of many people in many realities battling the big bad and we just had to take him down. I also got the true ending because I managed to get all of the stars.

Now I'm playing Dragon Quest 9 and Halo Anniversary.

Got Sonic Generations yesterday, so i've been playing that a lot. My god, the nostalgia you get hit with. Green Hill Zone? Chemical Plant Zone? Sega, why didn't you do this with Sonic 4? It's so good, and it's never too much of one or the other, both sonics get an equal share and both are fun. Oh, and most importantly, the Classic Sonic physics? As they should be.

Also, that soundtrack, my god it's good.

Got Lord of the Rings: War in the North as well, which i'm yet to install to my PC, but i'm looking forward to getting it fire up and started. It's been a while since i played any LotR games anyways, mostly because none really sparked any interest, but this one looks nice.

Other games i'm playing in the process:

Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
Metroid Fusion(Doing the 2 hour run)
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones
a few games on the PC.

Hmm, you may have just convinced me to pick up Generations in the Steam Sale.

Also, apparently that Xenoblade bundle was available in some stores as late as today!

Played a bit more BioShock, great game. Chucking stuff around with telekinesis is decent fun.

Zelda 3DS for xmas oh yeahh, lots of nostalgia. Put an order in for Tales of the Abyss, everywhere is out of stock!

Finishing up Rogue Galaxy over xmas also, on the last boss. Great game.

Playing Skyward Sword, it's good.

@ Maestro
I went out to check the sales a couple days ago and that's the only game I couldn't find! There are more Games nearby-ish I can check but I don't really want to traipse around unless I know they have it. I tried to call them, but guess what- half of the London branches of Game (including my local ones) don't have individual phone numbers.....seriously what is going on...

Yeah, it really seems to be hit-and-miss as to what they have left, same with Morrisons who theoretically had a very good sale on, but I couldn't find anything.

Picked up Fallout: New Vegas + DLC in the Steam sale, one of the things I had been waiting for.

Started Rage, too, which I think would have been generally accepted a lot better if it had just been advertised as a pure shooter - under those terms, it is a very enjoyable game.

Completed Portal 2 last night. Excellent game. Started Star Wars: The Old Republic now. Really enjoying it, it plays like World of Warcraft, but with the high quality of environments and storytelling you would expect from a single-player game like KotOR.

Penumbra: Overture and Penumbra: Black Plague.

::sigh:: These are very well made and enjoyable games, and they've managed to give me a couple of shocks, but why can't anyone seem to satisfy my thirst for a truly terrifying game? The darkness isn't dark enough even when I turn the brightness all the way down. I shouldn't be able to see anything without my torch. The dogs weren't scary; I just beat them all to death with a hammer. And committing one of the cardinal sins of Horror, the creatures ceased to be scary as soon as I actually saw one. And the corpses just look like crash test dummies - They could at least have had contorted looks of horror etched onto their faces.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you've played Penumbra, can I assume you are saying all that having also played Amnesia? It is, at the very least, legitimately dark with the brightness at the right setting.

ilmaestro said:
Yeah, it really seems to be hit-and-miss as to what they have left, same with Morrisons who theoretically had a very good sale on, but I couldn't find anything.

Picked up Fallout: New Vegas + DLC in the Steam sale, one of the things I had been waiting for.

Started Rage, too, which I think would have been generally accepted a lot better if it had just been advertised as a pure shooter - under those terms, it is a very enjoyable game.

What else was it advertised as? =S

Carrying on with Skyward Sword.

There are a lot of frustrations here, the unskippable text is maddening, as is the age old annoyance of Link being stunned for a second when emerging from water. Also the 'Shake nunchuck to roll' move is beyond comprehension in a game that uses Motion Plus in other areas so well. Why put the bad in amongst the good?

Some parts are familiar, but others are brilliant. Ain't no Majora's Mask, though.

And just finished the PC version of Sonic Generations.

Certainly ran/looked a truck load better than the 360 demo I played.

Yet I felt as if it wasn't as good as Colours. Same game mechanics (as always for Sonic), but playing stages we've already seen is less inspiring than the new from Colours. And that's ironic since the Colours stages featured in this were truly terrible. Forced use of the wisps and level design that's less about moving forward but forcing use of the wisps in question to provide a rather monotonous level. Also it's chucklesome to see that Crisis City actually makes '06 look like it was playable.

Finally it was hilarious to hear modern Sonic say 'Look forward to your future, it's going to be great.' to past Sonic without a hint of irony.

6/10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back