What Games Are You Playing?

Currently BF:1943 is eating my spare time. It's such a fun arcadey shooter. I've got plenty other games to play but this is just simple, turn on and shoot people.

360: Star Ocean (about 9 hours in)
PS3: InFamous (20 hrs in, nearly completed)
PSP: Phantasy Star Portable (~10 hours in)
DS: Final Fantasy IV (~4/5 hours in, not too sure i'll stick with it tho)

afoia said:
DS: Final Fantasy IV (~4/5 hours in, not too sure i'll stick with it tho)
Assuming you're not playing it through a flashcart, where did you find it? It seems to have been discontinuted, and it's only been out about a year...

Playing Tactics Ogre at the moment. Not too shabby, but the character experience system lacks the depth of Final Fantasy Tactics even if the story and the multiple paths are at least as interesting (The end of chapter one presents you with a moral choice that isn't the pathetic pretend choices of modern 'good or evil' games. It's ingenious how you alignment isn't that ridiculous 'black or white', but 'law and chaos': yet 'chaos' is the choice that doesn't involve butchering innocent people...)

kupocake said:
Assuming you're not playing it through a flashcart, where did you find it? It seems to have been discontinuted, and it's only been out about a year...

Playing Tactics Ogre at the moment. Not too shabby, but the character experience system lacks the depth of Final Fantasy Tactics even if the story and the multiple paths are at least as interesting (The end of chapter one presents you with a moral choice that isn't the pathetic pretend choices of modern 'good or evil' games. It's ingenious how you alignment isn't that ridiculous 'black or white', but 'law and chaos': yet 'chaos' is the choice that doesn't involve butchering innocent people...)

Nintendo seem to discontinue their DS games far too quickly over here. My brother gave me a shopping list for his birthday recently and every single game on it - all major titles - were completely out of print and gone everywhere when I last looked. It's ridiculous.

Your Tactics Ogre comments got me interested. Which one are you playing? I have Densetsu No Ogre Battle for PS1 and have never bothered going through it due to shinier things appearing instead ever since. Now I'm feeling the urge.

On topic I've just been mindlessly playing TF2 still in my free time. A little bit addicted to Sniper even if he isn't the most likable character in the game.

R

Rui said:
On topic I've just been mindlessly playing TF2 still in my free time. A little bit addicted to Sniper even if he isn't the most likable character in the game.

R

I've never played TF2, but, the Sniper class is always the best ;)

It's so much fun horribly annoying people with a headshot.

Spyro201 said:

Yes, there's a kind of sadistic, underhanded thrill to the role which you lose with more direct classes ;)

I love getting into battles with enemy snipers most of all. Muahaha.

R

Rui said:
Spyro201 said:

Yes, there's a kind of sadistic, underhanded thrill to the role which you lose with more direct classes ;)

I love getting into battles with enemy snipers most of all. Muahaha.

R

:lol:

I'm not that brave. I just hide away and let people forget i'm there. (Especially if we're on a console in the same room.) Then, when they're getting REALLY annoyed i'll headshot them and watch them rage. :lol:

"DAAAAAMN YOU SPYRO!?!?!"

I normally end up with a high kill count this way, somehow :lol:

After getting the last achievement on BF:1943 and it taking way too long to rank up I've turned my attention to Gears 2 online.
In the nicest and least boastful way possible, I do kick ass on that game.

Rui said:
Your Tactics Ogre comments got me interested. Which one are you playing? I have Densetsu No Ogre Battle for PS1 and have never bothered going through it due to shinier things appearing instead ever since. Now I'm feeling the urge.R
What little I've played of Ogre Battle on the SNES seemed very different, kind of like a RTS overworld with a TBS battle-system on a very small grid. Don't know if it had the whole multiple ending / alignment thing going on, but I'd probably guess at yes. I'm playing the PS1 Tactics Ogre ("Let us Cling Together") though I've played a little of "The Knight of Lodis".

Such a strange series. Even once you get past the bizarre preoccupation with obscure Queen lyrics and song-titles, the fact that three of the games are a fraction of the ending of a larger saga (with two additional spin-off titles) make it one of the most impenetrable, neglected franchises ever created.

Of course, since Square-Enix now employ it's creator, purchased the development house and purchased the franchise, we can look forward to... each subsequent part being hijacked five months into development and turned into another Final Fantasy game. Oddly enough, more SRS BIZNESS Final Fantasy Tactics would be more than welcome, but you get what I'm saying.

Gears of War 2 I've been playing Multiplayer matches A LOT over the past few days, Dark Corners All Fronts was actually worth it, still doesn't top Lost Planet, but it is pretty fun. Been casually playing some L4D campaigns with some people to help them with the hard achievements and I'm telling you, it's hard to pull through when people keep leaving mid-game and then coming back later, I was so close to raging, I had to hold it in. ToV is an on and off experience, up to the Krytian city atm.

We dont do online gaming. We've got two phone lines, one for the landline and one for the internet, but I dont see the point in paying for online gaming when my brother nicks the internet to do that himself on his PS3.

In the future when we have a place of our own though we'll do online gaming.

I want the Megadrive Ultimate Collection game thingy for the 360 cos I love the old megadrive. (Still got mine in full working order with games. Too much hassle unboxing it and setting it up though.)
I also wanna get infamous and Prototype! Those look great!

Final Fantasy VII

Not far in but i'm loving it. It's as good as I remember it, and better! (I was just learning to read when I first played it, so the talking parts took a while as I had to read everything outloud).

Just had Cloud (Spyro) explain Materia to Barret (Lupus, lol).

The chick is named Chun Li too...

Decided to start playing Valkyria Chronicles again, after a good long wait. I want to see 1st hand the difference between anime and game.

Been playing a lot more Valkyria Chronicles. I'm not usually a fan of turn based games, but VC actually reminds me more of WWII game Hidden & Dangerous than anything else.

The physics are hilarious. It takes the sting out of your men dying if when they do, they go spiraling through the air in a completly random direction. Jumping down into a trench and then being blown back out of it by gunfire is my favourite so far.

Back