What Games Are You Playing?

I was playing Tales of Vesperia until I reached that point where my attention starts to wander (happens with practically every JRPG, usually after 20-25 hours). So I started Ninja Gaiden II, which is all right but not as good as the first one. I quite like having both an RPG and an action/adventure game on the go at the same time.

I'm still playing through FFIX (I don't really get much time to play games because I have a job now :/). In Treno at the moment, at the part where you have to win the Tetra Master tournament and I'm starting to warm to that mini-game but I hate that I have to master it in some way and I was becoming frustrated with it so I started on Resident Evil 1 (the PS1 version) and, wow, that game is fantastic! The dialogue and voice acting is truly awful, but it's so incomprehensibly awful that it's actually enjoyable. The mansion is genuinely scary and I'm enjoying the progression of the plot. The only thing is that it's absurdly difficult to work out the puzzles and "where to go next" considering so much of the mansion is open from the start and I kept running into dead ends. So I'm using a GameFAQs walkthrough which kind of spoils the experience but not really because I'm still enjoying it an awful lot :]

Are the other two PS1 REs more linear?

Geek, I must say I am proud of you for finally playing the RE games... BUT using a walkthrough man, come on now. I can understand if you're stuck on one particular part but it sort of destroys the game unless you're playing as Chris, I advise you go against it for RE2, the BEST Resident Evil game.

Also, the other two RE games are linear, but RE3 has a lot more freedom to it, so to speak.

TRYING to play Age of Reckoning however due to Tiscali's ******* Traffic Shaping ****, I can't log in.

Seriously, i'm gonna murder them soon.

I'm thinking of an ISP switch, anyone on here know an ISP that doesn't stop you playing games during prime (Or, as yesterday demonstrated, not prime!) hours?

RE2 is "more" linear than RE1, but not too much. RE3 is is much more linear in terms of puzzles, etc.
The choices system means there's the occassional different route, but the only way to see both is to play through twice.[/u]

Prototype on the PS3...... soooooo good the graphics are amazing, the story unfolds brilliantly and I am dying to finish work so I can go home and play it

Spyro201 said:
TRYING to play Age of Reckoning however due to Tiscali's ******* Traffic Shaping ****, I can't log in.

Seriously, i'm gonna murder them soon.

I'm thinking of an ISP switch, anyone on here know an ISP that doesn't stop you playing games during prime (Or, as yesterday demonstrated, not prime!) hours?

Virgin Media ;)

playing Arma 2 alot atm

fps sims >>>>> Cod 4

Star Ocean: The Last Hope
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger -hooray for PS3 imports
Heroes of Newerth(Beta of a DOTA clone)

up until a few weeks ago i was playing WoW but now im in the market for a new MMO.

Lupus said:
Geek, I must say I am proud of you for finally playing the RE games... BUT using a walkthrough man, come on now. I can understand if you're stuck on one particular part but it sort of destroys the game unless you're playing as Chris, I advise you go against it for RE2, the BEST Resident Evil game.

Also, the other two RE games are linear, but RE3 has a lot more freedom to it, so to speak.

I know, it's quite spineless of me but I really don't have the patience for playing RE1 on my own. I really would not have gotten the bazooka or even the shotgun without the guide. And there's not a chance I would have picked up the emblems at the right time and would have worked out where to use them without getting completely frustrated and annoyed. I think I'll stick with my guide :]

I played Resident Evil 1 (the remake) with a friend.
It works well, you can knock heads together and squeak with fear simultaniously.

Just found out they've put a PS2 in the villa!
I'm pretty bad with heat, so mid-day it could be a godsent. :)
But until then I'm playing nothing.

Resident Evil 1 Remake is the only Resident Evil game (Besides 5) that I haven't played and completed yet. Need to get the Game Cube release and play it off the Wii. ¬_¬

Voddas said:
Resident Evil 1 Remake is the only Resident Evil game (Besides 5) that I haven't played and completed yet. Need to get the Game Cube release and play it off the Wii. ¬_¬

oh you could buy the Wii Classics version :p

in seriousness you would probably be better off buying the gamecube version

Zeouterlimits said:
Played so much Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition on 360 today...
eyes are... :eek: sore
What? It's out?

::heads off to check Steam::

And it's only £6.99. Consider me happy. Download in progress. :D

Update: And have finished it. Really enjoyable to have voices for the characters, and the art style is most inkeeping with Curse, by far the best looking of all the Monkey Island games - I'm glad they seem to have gone back to this style for the new episodes too. I notice you can also get the old Indiana Jones adventure games through Steam now, as well as the brilliant Loom ("I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother?"). Heh, I anticipate I'll be spending the next month or so down memory lane...

Prototype by far one of the best games I have played in years kill maim eat destroy everyone and everything as the city decays around you, I love this game

ayase said:
Update: And have finished it. Really enjoyable to have voices for the characters, and the art style is most inkeeping with Curse, by far the best looking of all the Monkey Island games
I always disliked Curse. The voices particularly, but never knocked down by the art-style either (It indisputable that the game looks better than 256-colour VGA or turn of the millennium 3D, but that doesn't make the style all that exciting). I'll be getting SOMI:SE simply because you can't break something that good by attempting to make it better (especially when you leave the full original in there anyway), but I've never fully understood the constant attempts to resurrect the series. The second one finished it all off well enough.

Got myself Super Robot Taisen K through the mail today so been working on that. It plays much the same as W, but with a few of its own tweeks here and there. Still, enjoyable i have to say.

Back