What Games Are You Playing?

I used to be the same way, I was a dedicated Fantasy player, playing with my Lizardmen, Undead (Now Tomb Kings of Khemri and Vampire counts) and my empire army.

But I decided to have a game of 40k in the store and was pleasantly surprised, and since then I hav'nt played much Fantasy at all.

I do enjoy a few games of Blood Bowl when I get the chance though :p

Ah. Oh well. I was just showing off the fact that I own one. :lol:

Centurius was a limited edition Legion of The Damned mini. They were only available over one weekend I believe... I remember a mate of mine at the time offering me £30 for it 'cause he didn't manage to get one. Regularly go for £50+ on eBay now.

Yeah Ive seen him go on ebay for roughly that amount, a friend of mine sold a his entire squad on ebay, pro painted for some ridiculous money.

You can still buy the squad on Warhammer Online store in the classics section but there helluva alot of money

Foxstripe said:
I used to be the same way, I was a dedicated Fantasy player, playing with my Lizardmen, Undead (Now Tomb Kings of Khemri and Vampire counts) and my empire army.

But I decided to have a game of 40k in the store and was pleasantly surprised, and since then I hav'nt played much Fantasy at all.

I prefer painting Fantasy mini's though because its more textured in most cases; unlike 40K where its lots of flats. The only technique you really need is edging for 40K, wheras in Fantasy you need more skill.

Foxstripe said:

Did someone say Blood Bowl?

I really should redo that photo, the team has had a lick of paint since then...redid all the numbers, tried to salvage some awful paint jobs done when I was young...gave my ogre (Thumpit. missing his twin....Lumpit) some eyes....although the paint job on some of the plastics was so bad it was all I could do not to laugh at my childish, ham-fisted efforts.

Never dig out models painted a decade ago. NEVER.

MrChom said:
I really should redo that photo, the team has had a lick of paint since then...redid all the numbers, tried to salvage some awful paint jobs done when I was young...gave my ogre (Thumpit. missing his twin....Lumpit) some eyes....although the paint job on some of the plastics was so bad it was all I could do not to laugh at my childish, ham-fisted efforts.

Never dig out models painted a decade ago. NEVER.
Unless they're metal and you can stip them down and start again! :thumb:

at the end of the day it all depends on what you want as an end result. I do agree 40k has more flat surface areas.

Yet on all my mini's I use all the techniques that I use on my fantasy models, blending, layering, edging, OSL, Shading. It just depends on what you want to achieve.

But yes, I do agree with you, it does seem that Fantasy models are more detailed in regards to the basic troop/core choices. but then look at Abaddon the Despoiler, or a Hive Tyrant,

But hey I see where ya coming from :p

Foxstripe said:
at the end of the day it all depends on what you want as an end result. I do agree 40k has more flat surface areas.

Yet on all my mini's I use all the techniques that I use on my fantasy models, blending, layering, edging, OSL, Shading. It just depends on what you want to achieve.

But yes, I do agree with you, it does seem that Fantasy models are more detailed in regards to the basic troop/core choices. but then look at Abaddon the Despoiler, or a Hive Tyrant,

But hey I see where ya coming from :p

I dont mean necessarily more detailed; what I mean is the layers and textures are deeper, ergo requires more skill to paint. However I will confess; as im used to painting Fantasy; Im pretty hopeless in comparison at 40K.

I had always thought about using Legion of the Damned figures as bases for Chaos marines, just from the bone textures and such. Alas, they cost a bomb nowadays, and it's not worth the money.

As for painting, I dont go an do it at the best of times, so maybe flat's good for me. But yeah, the detail you can have differs. I'd like to Lizardmen or Dark Elves if I had to play W:Fantasy.

I'll take some photo's of my very small black templars army I started about a week ago! ;D

I'll upload them in a bit when I've finished installing and patching WoW >_<.

Yagami said:
I'll take some photo's of my very small black templars army I started about a week ago! ;D

I'll upload them in a bit when I've finished installing and patching WoW >_<.
Oooo, me and Ryo are on Grim Batol a lot. Maybe you wanna meet up, maybe invite to our guild? Their not a bad lot, seriously.
As for the Photos, looking forward to them.

Chaz said:
I had always thought about using Legion of the Damned figures as bases for Chaos marines, just from the bone textures and such. Alas, they cost a bomb nowadays, and it's not worth the money.

As for painting, I dont go an do it at the best of times, so maybe flat's good for me. But yeah, the detail you can have differs. I'd like to Lizardmen or Dark Elves if I had to play W:Fantasy.

Oooh Dark Elves have just recived an update ;) You should check em out ;)

Spyro201 said:
Yep, and a nice load of great looking models. I'd only use them for conversions though, cuz I'm not actually interested in collecting W:Fantasy. Just if I was, I'd go them.

But the cold-ones were always a nice thing to look at. Reptillian mounts look fantastic, mix that with the soceress (like they have) or a Witch Elf squad and it'll be something of desire.

Chaz said:
Spyro201 said:
Yep, and a nice load of great looking models. I'd only use them for conversions though, cuz I'm not actually interested in collecting W:Fantasy. Just if I was, I'd go them.

But the cold-ones were always a nice thing to look at. Reptillian mounts look fantastic, mix that with the soceress (like they have) or a Witch Elf squad and it'll be something of desire.

Aww its a pity your not too interested in it. Its damn good.

Well, first, why don't we make a warhammer thread in random chit-chat? Maybe there are more players who just don't browse this thread? :p

Ok, so here they are. I don't know if you can see, but in the little "lines" there is white. This was a process I did (If anyone is interested how just ask and I'll explain :p). For my first "real" models, I think they are nice;

all.png

2side.png

2on.png

Back