What Games Are You Playing?

MrChom said:
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War

So nice to see most of my adolescence turned from tiny models into animated violence. But remember....in the grim darkness of the far future....there is only war!

You game in RL too??

Spyro201 said:
MrChom said:
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War

So nice to see most of my adolescence turned from tiny models into animated violence. But remember....in the grim darkness of the far future....there is only war!

You game in RL too??

I was a whore for Games Workshop from 1995-2001. I must have spent THOUSANDS in their stores...but no more, sadly, although I did just buy a bundle of "Gaunt's Ghosts" novels to read (loved the first two).

And, no, I'm not playing the expansions yet, only up to mission 11 of the campaign (cheapy budget triple pack for the win!), just after the SHOCKING AND UNEXPECTED TWIST....

Anyway, I do like DoW....even if Games Workshop managed to cock up my favourite race (Orks...how could you BREAK them so badly? They were FUNNY...hilarious in fact....and then you made them serious, and now half the models look like they're made of wax and got left near the fire for too long), and the campaign relegates my second favourite race (Guardsmen) to only semi-playable.

I gamed too back in my mid-teens. Still have a pretty decent Dark Angel army actually. I wouldn't remember how to play today like... I imagine the rules have changed anyway. I recently bought some new minis just because I like making and painting them.

ayase said:
I gamed too back in my mid-teens. Still have a pretty decent Dark Angel army actually. I wouldn't remember how to play today like... I imagine the rules have changed anyway. I recently bought some new minis just because I like making and painting them.

They're either close to releasing the new edition, or it has been released, I forget...but the rule changes are very bizarre and arbitrary. Frankly I'm still upset that they junked 2nd edition in its entirety. I mean, the battles were LONG...but so what? It meant a small game was possible/fun. Now you need a billion models to even have the minimum size command structure and...bleh.

And, no, I didn't get it from Zavvi. http://www.gameplay.co.uk for the win!

I liked the changeover from 2nd to 3rd though the length of battles never bothered me anyway. From what i can tell the change from 3rd to 4th only brought about new close combat rules which let my tyranids launch 96 attacks from a single squad (only if you kitted them out correctly and manged to get the full squad into proper position) Ah memories still have some models on display that i did, if i had the money i may think of getting back into it

BlackWolf said:
I liked the changeover from 2nd to 3rd though the length of battles never bothered me anyway. From what i can tell the change from 3rd to 4th only brought about new close combat rules which let my tyranids launch 96 attacks from a single squad (only if you kitted them out correctly and manged to get the full squad into proper position) Ah memories still have some models on display that i did, if i had the money i may think of getting back into it

I'm considering Warmachine, instead, it combines my love of Mech with my love of nerdy tabletop battling.

Black, atleast you still have your army to go back to lol

remember i gave mine away to nicoles bro lol (who kicked my arm that unfortunate day and sparked everything) oh, more irony lmao

but seriously, if i had more time on my hands id probably get back into it too,

Chom, you've got me intruiged..do you have a link to a warmachine site? mechs = :thumb: the right stuff

Tachi- said:
Black, atleast you still have your army to go back to lol

remember i gave mine away to nicoles bro lol (who kicked my arm that unfortunate day and sparked everything) oh, more irony lmao

but seriously, if i had more time on my hands id probably get back into it too,

Chom, you've got me intruiged..do you have a link to a warmachine site? mechs = :thumb: the right stuff

http://www.privateerpress.com/WARMACHINE/

i've heard its name mentioned a few times here and there, the guy who runs ctrl alt del seems to be a fan as well

I collect warhammer/40k :p. I've just started on a black templars army and now I'm continuing from where I left off with my high elves. I think I'm going to get that dawn of war anthology pack - It's only a tenner and comes with expansions D:

Its nice to see so many GW fans out there. I am, to this day, a regular 40k player :) I battle every weekend and spend some of my time up in Nottingham playing in the HQ haha

Yeah the new rules were released about 1 month ago, there's some real good changes to rules, you can now run in the shooting phase so in a sense you can have two movements. Also LOS (Line of site) has changed and now its the actual line of the site from the models eyes itself, with partially hidden and full hidden shots

You also have apocalypse which is designed for armies of 5000pts or more, the largest battle ive seen played was a 14,000pt armies.truly epic.

Im currently an Ork player and Space marine player but ive colected and painted each army but im really liking the new ork stuff....sorry i'll stop rambling now :D

Yes Warmachine is a fantastic game!!

Yagami said:
I collect warhammer/40k :p. I've just started on a black templars army and now I'm continuing from where I left off with my high elves. I think I'm going to get that dawn of war anthology pack - It's only a tenner and comes with expansions D:

Get it. You won't be disappointed :wink: (unless your after Dark Eldar or Sisters of Battle then you'll need Soul Storm, or unless your after Tyranids which are debuting in Dawn of War 2)

Nope :p its ironic that out of the two PCs in my house Dawn of War is installed on the one that isn't linked to the internet thanks to the router going down :( so no online gaming on Dawn of War for me till i get a new router

Spyro201 said:
Foxstripe said:
Spyro201 said:
Foxstripe said:
ah thats a shame, we could of been a great team :(

I have Dawn Of War :lol:

when I get hooked up to the net again wec an all have a few games. I cant wait :D

Dawn Of War 2 will be better :p TYRANIDS!!

EDIT: Saying that about the 'Nids; I prefer chaos, and they havent been announced :(

They will be don't worry, though if they still want to keep to only four fractions for DoW2 then Chaos and Imperial Guard will definatly be part of the first expansion for it :p

Back