What did you RECEIVE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my vol. 5-8 of A.I. Love You from TBD. \o/

At least I wont have to worry about the Out of Print/Stock problem anymore. :D

Higurashi (R1). Yay!

Unfortunately despite being a double thinpack set (good) they used the frail kind of thinpack (bad) and the hubs were mostly shattered with the discs loose. Miraculously I didn't have any scratched discs so they avoided the fate of my depressing Ranma sets. I'm going to have to order some replacement thinpacks if companies keep using these horrible brittle ones.

I don't understand; the early thinpacks were great and revolutionised packaging. Then they all switched to these cheap ones which harm the discs.

R

Have you read this, Rui? You might want to check your discs sooner rather than later. My copy is on its way from Right Stuf, and I'll be mighty pissed if I have to send anything back to frigging Iowa.

Yotsuba&! volume 6 dropped through my letterbox this morning. Paper and printing quality is very good and, well, it's Yotsuba!!!!1

fabricatedlunatic said:
Have you read this, Rui? You might want to check your discs sooner rather than later. My copy is on its way from Right Stuf, and I'll be mighty pissed if I have to send anything back to frigging Iowa.

Thanks, I had been monitoring that thread too. I'm pretty confident I'll be able to play them since I have so many devices but I hope I don't have a poisoned set; I'm used to that from Bandai but it's still not fun.

Higurashi seems cursed in that respect in R1. I'll watch it quite soon hopefully and report back.

Just ordered 20 clear double thinpak cases too to fix all my broken hubs. Bleh.

R

What's with the sudden uptake in Kekko Kamen purchasing? I got my copy just last Friday :]

Also got Star Wars: Heir to the Empire (first book in the Thrawn Trilogy, which is set 5 years after Episode VI and is considered to be canon).

CitizenGeek said:
What's with the sudden uptake in Kekko Kamen purchasing?
Someone posted a clip. 'Nuff said.

And those Timothy Zahn books are some of the best the Star Wars EU has to offer. I ended up with two sets of 1st edition hardbacks, after paying around a tenner each for them I found another complete set in a charity shop for £2 each - I should really eBay them at some point. How I wish they had been filmed instead... on second thoughts no, they could have been really screwed up.

I also enjoyed Kevin J Anderson's Jedi Academy Trilogy as well, though it has been a while since I read it, and I wonder if nostalgia might be colouring my judgment a little. That and Admiral Daala. Give me a ruthless, brilliant, woman in uniform as antagonist any day of the week. Holds my attention better than anything else. ;)

Also received one o' these. Mine's a £2 coin though (does that make it four times as disgusting?). Seems a bit pathetic - I don't see how this furthers their cause unless the Real IRA are now anti-vending machines.

ayase said:
And those Timothy Zahn books are some of the best the Star Wars EU has to offer. I ended up with two sets of 1st edition hardbacks, after paying around a tenner each for them I found another complete set in a charity shop for £2 each - I should really eBay them at some point. How I wish they had been filmed instead... on second thoughts no, they could have been really screwed up.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to reading it and getting into Star Wars literature because I know the EU has an awful lot to offer :]

I also enjoyed Kevin J Anderson's Jedi Academy Trilogy as well, though it has been a while since I read it, and I wonder if nostalgia might be colouring my judgment a little. That and Admiral Daala. Give me a ruthless, brilliant, woman in uniform as antagonist any day of the week. Holds my attention better than anything else. ;)

Thanks for the recommendations! Truthfully, I prefer the Sith to the Jedi so I think I'd rather read about them than a Jedi academy :p

ayase said:
Also received one o' these. Mine's a £2 coin though (does that make it four times as disgusting?). Seems a bit pathetic - I don't see how this furthers their cause unless the Real IRA are now anti-vending machines.

Weird. I never knew the RIRA took to defacing coins but I kind of understand the sentiment. Everyone in Ireland dreams of a united Ireland and such but it's not going to happen any time soon and defacing coins isn't going to make it happen any sooner :p

I received a Sky+ box, but the installation guy couldn't get my new sky card to work, so I have to wait for a new card in the post.

Yesterday I received:
Gurren Lagann vol.1
Gurren Lagann vol.2
Gurren Lagann Series Box
Gurren Lagann Light-up drill keyring/pendant thing

Today I received:
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig vol.1
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig vol.2
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig vol.3
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig vol.4
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig vol.5
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig vol.6