What did you RECEIVE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mutsumi said:
Today I received:

2 Dragonforce CDs

I used to like Dragonforce till i saw them in concert, which just killed it for me, so childish and immature.

Its a shame, love the music, hate the band!

I never go to live gigs. Destorys the image I have in my head when you realised that they sound good in studios, but in concert they risk more disaster hitting a sore note than on a CD/MP3.

Chaz said:
I never go to live gigs. Destorys the image I have in my head when you realised that they sound good in studios, but in concert they risk more disaster hitting a sore note than on a CD/MP3.

It's more exciting though and it makes feel better since I don't pay for music

Chaz said:
Chaz, I'm willing to accept people have different opinions but that is just flat-out wrong. Plus how do you know if you never go?

Live music >>> Studio recorded music. Unless of course, the band / singer are so terrible there needs to be massive production work done to make them sound good. In which case they'll probably just mime / lip-sync live anyway.

I'm a huge fan of nightwish and have all their fluff, personally i think their better live... so it depends.

On topic, i got Area 88 complete series in the post.

Chaz said:
I usually believe that live is better. Can't really remember being disapointed by a band live, but I remember not fully enjoying the band for miscellaneous reasons (i.e. rain).
That was the case when I've seen Teenage Fanclub about 5 years ago, the rain ruined the mood.

Hello...

After my complaint with regards to one book, I ordered four or five more from you. I ignored the yellowed pages/knocks to some corners of one because you refunded my previous order, I ignored another having a nasty dent because it looked brand new apart from that and I was happy with the other two. So, when I saw your 10% code was active, I decided to go ahead and order the final four volumes of Suikoden III from you. And if the condition of the first two is anything to go by, then pleased I won't be when the final two arrive.

I'm fine with new books arriving with a few knocks. If the books look new and only a corner has been dented, I accept it because the blame more often than not lies with the postal service. However, I won't accept clearly used books that arrive with damage, and volumes 10-11 of Suikoden III are in used condition. I'd get better copies off eBay. I pay for new, I get new - that's how it should be. The person who packs the books shouldn't do so if the books are yellowed and damaged.

I've uploaded scans to highlight the poor condition 2/4 of the books (two haven't arrived yet) arrived in today. The images speak for themselves - damage to the bottom and top of the spines, the spine of one has faded slightly, the covers have a sticky substance on them, the back corner of volume 10 (not pictured) is bent and the white covers/pages have yellowed. They aren't even close to being new. To have to wait days for the books to be sent and receiving them in this condition doesn't bring me a whole lot of joy

I've ordered a lot from you, even linking to some of your deals in the past, but constantly complaining like this over every other order of late is getting seriously tiring. I'm not sure why the quality levels of your books have dropped, but it has become such an issue for me that I'm considering not ordering from you again, which is a real shame considering you usually have the cheapest prices, you've always answered my emails and I've only had a single book go missing...

- Daniel

http://img5.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=lastscan1b.jpg

Can you sense how happy I am?

Christ Aion, you call that slight rubbing to the top and bottom of spines damage? I better mark down about half my stock.

I hardly own a single paperback myself which doesn't suffer from that. The only way I can think of preventing it (especially if they're going through the post) is to make book covers out of plastic or metal.

It wasn't done in the post. The overall condition of both volumes, including marks near the number 10 of vol. 10, suggest the damage was done beforehand. It's easy to tell the difference between an 'as new' book damaged in the post and a book that was already damaged - page yellowing, white edges and creases are all signs. When dealing with TBD, books with yellowed pages are always damaged, where asvolumes with white pages only have knocks to the corners.

Play got round to delivering the Complete School Rumble Boxset yesterday. Nice! Don't know what to expect but I've heard plenty of good things.
;)

lastscan4v.jpg

Spot the differences.

I know Ayarse thinks I'm being picky for getting annoyed with damaged/yellowed books, but I also know he views spine inconsistency as some sort of sin. Personally, I'm less bothered by how DVD spines look, though it is bothersome.

D'oh.

How on earth does that happen? Do the designers just make it up as they go along? I look forward to seeing what kind of mess they make of Darker Than Black's spines.

I think xxxholic is a special case 'cuz the first volume was one of their first half series releases. They still could've (and should've) used the same spine design as that of the first release, though.

What bugs me about Manga is the colour of 'DVD'. Sometimes it's purple, sometimes it's blue and sometimes they forget to put it, leaving a blank space. They also sometimes have green Funimation logos, like on my first Claymore DVDs.

Aion said:
I know Ayarse thinks I'm being picky for getting annoyed with damaged/yellowed books, but I also know he views spine inconsistency as some sort of sin. Personally, I'm less bothered by how DVD spines look, though it is bothersome.
It's one of the three deadly sins of packaging design:

Thou shalt not create Inconsistent Spines.
Thou shalt not use Gradient Fill as a background.
Thou shalt not use Irish Ratings Board Logos.

On topic, Kekko Kamen on DVD (didn't everybody?), GitS: Innocence and The Italian Job on Blu-ray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back