What did you RECEIVE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aya-Kun said:
i received 6 naurto keyrings i brought for someone

NarutoKeyrings.jpg

Nice. :)

Titan said:
I Received Neon Genesis Evangelion - Ultimate Tin collection in the post today.
So tell us. How much did you have to spend to get your hands on this? I can't assume the product's RRP has depreciated much since its R2 release.

A slightly belated Happy Birthday to Spyro201!
ayase said:
No quote and a new page makes it look like you received those things Mutsumi.
I'm searching for the mot juste here, but it eludes me.

The Complete Battlestar Galactica on Blu-ray:

battlestar_0020_galatica.jpg

The packaging designer was a genius. It is truly a thing of beauty and a joy forever (provided BDs hold up to the ravages of time of course). Why haven't more people thought of housing video discs in CD case sized packages within a boxed set before? I'd prefer this over thinpacks in space-saving terms any day - 20 discs in the space of about eight BD cases. It started off as standard practice to put DVDs in CD cases in Japan I believe...

[rant] It probably changed because (as with the goddamn blu-ray blue stripe and cases) the rest of the world are too stupid to notice 'DVD' and 'Blu-ray' logos. And rather than making them learn from their mistakes we pander to their stupidity. [/rant]

Anyway I shouldn't complain, as this makes me happy. I should be looking forward to HD Lucy Lawless. :p

Kenichi Sonoda - Garden Party Artbook. A lovely slipcased hardback (unusually, in left-to-right format) containing some really great artwork. Sonoda has fast become one of my favourite character designers.

Gurren Lagann V2 LE. Nicely done. The 2CD soundtrack is nicely presented in it's own slipcase with a proper booklet, and I'm loving the removable ratings stickers (should be on every DVD). I have no idea what I'm going to use the outer card box for, but it's too nice to throw away. I imagine I'll slice it into two art cards like I did with the Haruhi ones.

Noein Complete Series. I had no idea Manga had ever used packaging this ******. I had no idea there were plastic bricks worse than Scanavos either, but here we are. It uses some kind of extra pronged swastika hubs, half of which the discs slip off easily, half of which don't want to let go at all. And pressing them does nothing. I'm glad I only paid £13 for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back