What did you RECEIVE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had nothing all week, but today my postman came in a van and delivered no fewer than nine parcels and a bunch of letters.

Including my long-awaited DRRR!! set, at last!

R

To be fair to the post-people (not something you'll hear me saying often) it is pretty bloody treacherous where the council haven't bothered to grit. It's not RM's job to grit the pavements.

If the article is true I might not receive any mail until the end of next week

The source also said that postal workers in Derbyshire were awaiting the delivery of "spikeys" – studs which are placed on boots to enable walking in icy conditions – on December 10

And there I was thinking that lessons were supposed to have been learned from the bad weather we had at the start of the year :roll: .

I have been getting some post, but I am a bit worried my new bank card is tied up somewhere as my card runs out at the end of the month and I usually get a new one the beginning of the month it runs out if not the end of the month before. Most of the snow here is clearing due to the rain of the last couple of days.

mangaman74 said:
Received the following today,

NOTHING :evil: (Thank you Royal Mail).
lol :lol:

I have also been left awaiting a couple of packages, but at the same time some stuff (obviously courier stuff, but also one or two things via RM) has arrived, so I don't know what to think.

ilmaestro said:
mangaman74 said:
Received the following today,

NOTHING :evil: (Thank you Royal Mail).
lol :lol:

I have also been left awaiting a couple of packages, but at the same time some stuff (obviously courier stuff, but also one or two things via RM) has arrived, so I don't know what to think.

I'm also waiting on stuff >.<

Hah, I totally lied. Saw a package from Zavvi listed at £17.95, presumed it was Death Note. When I got around to opening it, I found out it was actually my 360 LE version of Blazblue: Continuum Shift that I preordered ages ago.

ilmaestro said:
Hah, I totally lied. Saw a package from Zavvi listed at £17.95, presumed it was Death Note. When I got around to opening it, I found out it was actually my 360 LE version of Blazblue: Continuum Shift that I preordered ages ago.

limited edition of Continuum Shift for only £17?

I hate you....

:p

:D

Was not up for preorder at that price for too long... and the best thing is that I'm probably going to sell it as I may have scored myself a free copy anyway, and bought the art book separately at the Expo when I bought a couple of BB T-Shirts. ^^;

The first R3 (Taiwan) boxset of Cross Game! A full seven weeks after yesasia sent it to me. Looking forward to re-watching this... if I ever get the chance.

I got my Limited Edition Metal Case Inception Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy. It contains the spinning top, the film on Blu-ray and DVD with over 2 hours if extra content and 5 collector’s art cards and an exclusive device manual.

The case is gorgeous. I've fallen in love with this film... Sorry, this is just a bragging post but Inception is my film of the year, wallpaper of the year, soundtrack of the year (apart from maybe Salt and Soredemo).

Oh yeah, I also got my first two items from that Funi SAVE sale - Red Garden and Kanon. I paid the extra couple of quid for expedited shipping, and if you're someone like me who gets a bit impatient waiting for stuff, I would say it was well worth for a relatively small cost increase.

I received my Blazblue LE the other day, but apart from that my letterbox has seen very little traffic over the past week. Still waiting on a game from Amazon sent on 2nd December (2nd class + snow + Christmas = clusterf'ck), and CD from a UK-based marketplace seller sent on the 25th November. As for my Second Spin orders, well, I expect to see them around March, if at all.

Adding to my annoyance is Zavvi charging me £23 for something they never shipped, and TBD not sending three books I ordered on the 30th November. 'Tis the season to be jolly and all that.

ilmaestro said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
My Arakawa calendar has arrived, and is ready and waiting to replace its spicy, wolfy predecessor on my wall.

Needless to say, Nino features prominently, with July/August a particular highlight. I might just have that page on display all year.
Ooooh, pictures please! Or a link if you know of a site that has pics up already.
I'm not aware of any sites that have pics (at least I couldn't find any when I looked before ordering) but I will endeavour to take some of my own. It's currently hanging on the wall, letting gravity slowly eliminate its shipping tube-induced curl.

EDIT: oh, wait, first result on Google. Once again the internet indulges my laziness.

First parcel of the week arrived this morning - came via courier not Royal Mail though.

Not opened the parcel as I was leaving for work but it had $40 on the address label so it can only be,

Robot Vol.1 -2 (bundle)

fabricatedlunatic said:
ilmaestro said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
My Arakawa calendar has arrived, and is ready and waiting to replace its spicy, wolfy predecessor on my wall.

Needless to say, Nino features prominently, with July/August a particular highlight. I might just have that page on display all year.
Ooooh, pictures please! Or a link if you know of a site that has pics up already.
I'm not aware of any sites that have pics (at least I couldn't find any when I looked before ordering) but I will endeavour to take some of my own. It's currently hanging on the wall, letting gravity slowly eliminate its shipping tube-induced curl.

EDIT: oh, wait, first result on Google. Once again the internet indulges my laziness.
Ah, nice work. And I can hardly be too harsh on your laziness, since I didn't even do the google. ^^;

But yes, July/August is indeed, ahem, a highlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back