What did you RECEIVE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ilmaestro said:
Jayme said:
Guides are as outdated as magazines, imo.
Ah, so still awesome and a much better experience than what you get on the internet, then? Glad we're in agreement. ^_^
I wasn't going to respond, but where the hell do you visit then? I read magazines, I do, but I've never come across anything I wouldn't have seen on some guy's blog. If they were cheap, I'll be all for it but charging £3.50 for a book with an article featuring this months tweets.. I'd rather not. The information is also outdated. Apps on my phone inform me just as well.

Editorial-wise, I find The Guardian are the best for printed media. I suppose online media as well. I'll enjoy reading it on my iPad.

*Experience* I could sit at home and eat a curry right now. Or I could get dressed, go out and eat in a restaurant. I'm not coming across any ingredients I don't have at home, and it costs extra, but I sure enjoy it more.

--

Received the LE of FFXIII + the guide. The guide is sexual. Not quite as detailed or content-packed as the Ultimanias, of course, but presented exceptionally well.

ilmaestro said:
*Experience* I could sit at home and eat a curry right now. Or I could get dressed, go out and eat in a restaurant. I'm not coming across any ingredients I don't have at home, and it costs extra, but I sure enjoy it more.
Except you don't have to go to the trouble of writing your own online articles before you read them (I'm presuming you don't have a chef). :p

ayase said:
ilmaestro said:
Except you don't have to go to the trouble of writing your own online articles before you read them (I'm presuming you don't have a chef). :p
I do, he works at the local takeaway. :p

Full Metal Panic! boxset
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu boxset

Time to see why you people rave about it so much.

Also, a cell phone strap modelled after Lightning's pendant in FFXIII. ^_^

I'm not sure how many of us rave about FMP! (sequel series The Second Raid is much better) but Fumoffu is hilarious.

This morning I received Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. It was going cheap at Zavvi on Monday so, eh, why not.

Well, I have TSR on the way, too, fortunately, but I guess people would be less likely to rave about the first series due to natural anti-Gonzo bias. :p

/is a big Gonzo fan

And because, well, it's just not as good as the others. It's probably less an anti-Gonzo bias than just seeing how much better a far superior studio handles the same franchise =P

Seriously, though, I don't have anything against Gonzo. Well, okay, that's not strictly true, but for bringing Basilisk and especially the wonderful Gankutsuou into my life, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt these days.

TSR and Fumoffu are definitely much better, though :D

Trigun complete series (singles)
Shakugan no Shana complete series (singles)
Ergo Proxy complete series (singles)
Daphne in the briliant blue complete series (singles)
Starship operators complete series (singles)
Mahoromatic Summer Specials
The Twelve Kingdoms - Skies of Dawn
2 Oh my goddess books

What I didn't receive - FF XIII collectors edition, so I headed to my nearest HMV and bougth it. Game failed to deliver it to me in time, so I've just bought somewhere else and I'll return the one I've ordered online.

And I've heard Game was going to close a third of it's stores, no wonder why :'(

Where did you go on the crazy shopping spree, chaos? Also, don't forget with GAME, you don't have to send the return back to them and wait for a refund, you can take it back into a store if you have one close to you.

chaos said:
And I've heard Game was going to close a third of it's stores, no wonder why :'(

As far as i know its due to them owning Gamestation aswell, and as Gamestation is making more money than the GAME stores there only keeping open the shops in the vital areas, or stores that do better than Gamestation.

Its a bit annoying really as i used to work in my local gamestation and alot of them in there are still annoying even though i finished years ago! Looks like i'll stick to ordering my games online for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back