What did you RECEIVE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy birthday guys mine's this Friday. Do you guys also suffer from the problems of having a birthday to close to Christmas, like single combined presents and trying to go out and just being swamped by people out for Christmas do's.

For my birthday i received:

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen 2 Disc Special Edition
Chocolate
Ghost Files
Humans!! (a fun game where you play as a zombie and you have to kill people)
Ouran Host Club Parts 1&2
Socks -_-

Not a bad little haul i think :)

Kurau Phantom Memory 1, xxxHolic Series 1 Part 2 - What did I say yesterday about today's thought for the day being about spines not lining up?

xxx_spines.jpg

(quicker than getting my camera out)

That is a heinous crime against design, Manga.

That's just sloppiness on Manga's part. I mean, after they went to the effort of having neat and tidy spines with the title and volume number clearly listed too.

It's just such a simple thing to get right that it seem as though it would actually take more effort to get it wrong. Yet it happens so often - except only with anime. I've yet to see an example of this kind of packaging disparity with any other TV or film series, yet anime is generally more expensive. And then the people releasing them wonder why no-one is buying the official releases. Could it be because in some cases, even bootleggers do a better job of packaging?

There are times when I really miss ADV. Their cover art was second to none, and like the BBC they didn't even put the BBFC stickers on the spine because you aren't legally obliged to! Which begs the question; Why does anyone? Because they want a "Video Packaging Review Committee" logo on the back, which means absolutely nothing to anyone?

I'm not going to complain about the money because I got these for a very good price (though if I had paid full price I wouldn't be pleased - for that see Hellsing Ultimate and Black Lagoon) I just despair for the lack of care that goes into cover design sometimes. Would you not think that when designing multiple covers for a series, you would use earlier ones for reference?

Dracos said:
Happy birthday guys mine's this Friday. Do you guys also suffer from the problems of having a birthday to close to Christmas, like single combined presents and trying to go out and just being swamped by people out for Christmas do's.
Don't even get me started! It was the bain of my childhood. I even got Birthday cards that also said "Have a Merry Xmas and a Happy New year".
Not to mention the trusty quote, "It was quite expensive so it's you Xmas present too." Been there Dracos and I feel you r pain.

Belated Birthday Black! :p

@Ayase: Now that's just wrong. DX

ayase said:
There are times when I really miss ADV. Their cover art was second to none, and like the BBC they didn't even put the BBFC stickers on the spine because you aren't legally obliged to! Which begs the question; Why does anyone? Because they want a "Video Packaging Review Committee" logo on the back, which means absolutely nothing to anyone?

Point taken, though. Their later releases dispensed with the pesky BBFC logo on the DVD spines, so it must be optional. I'm wondering what kind of mess Manga will make of the final Darker Than Black release. If I hadn't pre-ordered it for a tenner I'd be tempted to sell the first two collections and wait for the box set. At least then you can have the back of the box facing outwards.

Speaking of Manga box sets, does anyone own the Death Note one? Is it paper or chipboard?

Wow... I just got my bro 1 of his pressies, an Ichigo figure (Bleach)... However, it looks like it's been opened before, since you can see tape all over the edges and places where the glue on the plastic has taken some of the ink off the cardboard backing.

It's possibly the worst thing I recieved personally that's been delivered to me. I'll have to talk to Ryo about it, but I'm not impressed.

Serial Experiments Lain, DVD's 1-4 thanks to AUKN!

Can't wait to watch it!

I know what you mean ayase, my wife and i finished xxxHolic this week!

Hokum said:

Can't wait to watch it!

Not got my prize yet, so I'll have to set the traps ready for the postman tomorrow in case my one arrives.

The inbetweeners series 1 and 2 DVDs my mate showed me some episodes the other night and whist I sat there I ordered them from play (iphone is a bad thin sometimes) cheaper than he had paid on itunes. It's a bit cringe worthy at times but some of the bits are a pretty close to some of the things I may have actually got up to at that age.

Dracos said:
The inbetweeners series 1 and 2 DVDs.
I don't mind the show myself. I wouldn't say its as good as the other stuff E4 has to offer, like Skins and Misfits, but on a whole, the material they produce is actually much better than a lot of other British crap that's out there. Skins is fun and Misfits (the finale is tonight!) is pretty excellent - a nice spin on the Superhero genre.

Hokum said:

Can't wait to watch it!

Fudce said:
The aformentioned Lain prize arrived today - now to find some shelf space for it...
Glad to know you've got your prizes all right :)
Enjoy!

Received today, from Anime On Line

Anime:
Fate/Stay Night Volume 1
Slayers Try Volume 4

Edit (19/12/09): Received Solty Rei Volume 6 from Anime On Line.

Received the following Blu-rays on Saturday from Axel,

Basilisk - Complete Series (Collector's Edition Box Set)
Samurai Champloo - Complete Series (Collector's Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back