What did you RECEIVE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I received someone elses college prospectus with my address & their name on it.

I also bought a disgo netbook from HMV for £99, & a USB numberpad from PC World so I can play Civilization 3 on it. :D

Hokum said:
Mutsumi said:
I also bought a disgo netbook from HMV for £99, & a USB numberpad from PC World so I can play Civilization 3 on it. :D

Is civ 3 out on windows CE?

Don't care, decided I'm going to return the netbook because it is rubbish. XD Thankfully it does not do something which the manual claims it should, thus entitling me to a full refund.

Zin5ki said:
Hokum said:
My copy of 7 Pro has arrived today YAY!
Arrived? Today?
Out of all the companies who could have delivered it, one in particular seems less likely than all others.

Received mine yesterday too courtesy of DHL (Home Premium though). However, my husband, whose copy shipped a clear day before mine, is still Windows-less.

R

Rui said:
Received mine yesterday too courtesy of DHL (Home Premium though). However, my husband, whose copy shipped a clear day before mine, is still Windows-less.

R

Funny that.....in the transport industry their known as Dick Head Logistics.

How're you finding the new OS? i'm considering buying it myself...Due to Vista being complete bloatware ¬_¬

Darker Than Black 3 & 4 turned up. And, surprise, the spines are slightly misaligned. It wouldn't be so much of an issue if together they didn't form a picture of Hei's mask. I should have waited for the collection, which will no doubt include some awesome extra and a box...

Speaking of Manga and spine consistancy, Gits 2.0 BD. Oh good. They've moved the Blu-ray logo and ratings stickers from their location on the covers of Innocence and Origin. How f*cking hard can it possibly be to create a cover template which has your company logo in one place, the ratings stickers in another place and the Blu-ray / DVD logo in another, and then working around that!? Seriously, how much work would that involve? Five to ten minutes? I would even be willing to do it for them, for nothing!

Sony can manage it, Warner can manage it. Even small distributors Artificial Eye and Eureka Video can manage it. Why can't everyone?

Today I received a copy of Anime Connect issue 18, which came with a sampler disk from MVM, with the first episodes of Aquarion, Samurai Deeper Kyo, and X on it.

ayase said:
I would even be willing to do it for them, for nothing!
VOTE AYASE

It's maddening because, as you say, it would be such a simple matter to resolve. And then you and I would be happy and not complaining about inconsistent spines. On the two Darker Than Black DVDs, all the logos are different sizes. Every single one of them.

While I'm here, care to recommend any particular anime Blu-ray? I have my eye on Tekkonkinkreet.

In all honesty, I have not watched my Tekkonkinkreet BD on my HDTV yet. I imagine it's very impressive though, and look forward to seeing it in HD.

Have you seen Origin? Reviews are mixed and rightly so, but it is visually stunning in HD. The proper hand painted backgrounds look particularly amazing. I'd have thought you'd have gone straight for Gunbuster though... People have said it has flaws, but I never noticed any.

If the Gunbuster release was the OVA instead of the movie edit, I'd probably already have it. Having said that, Bandai Visual's DVD transfer is absolutely gorgeous and I have no complaints with it whatsoever.

Origin I haven't seen, mainly due to that mixed reception, so that might be a good choice. I don't really want to rebuy too much. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back