What did you RECEIVE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mangaman74 said:
Maybe they don't know the new limit is £15 for imports or maybe it was just a random pick by the customs people as I received an order for UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie Seasons 1 & 2 which was around £26.00 which slipped through the customs net (can't remember which trader sent that though).

This sounds quite strange. I ordered a lot of items from All your music (Amazon UK, not Amazon USA) during 2011, if I'm right they were more than 30 packages. All of them were shipped from the UK, I never had any troubles about customs (since they were sent from within UE) nor about time (maximum a week). So I assumed they shipped each package from the UK, putting them as my favourite seller for R1 stuff. If you've been hit by customs, this means that not all their packages are sent from the UK, so it's better to keep this in mind.
Sorry for what happened to you, but thanks for the warning.

Teo

Taken from Amazon UK,
Seller: all your music
Seller Rating:98% positive over the past 12 months. (685,130 total ratings)
In stock. Dispatched from CA, United States. Learn more about international shipping.
International & domestic delivery rates and return policy.
Brand New Product! Ships with Royal Mail 2 (please be patient and expect an average delivery of 5-8 business days). Great, mu... » Read more

I'll check the shipping address on the parcel tonight just to be sure.

Checked the packaging for my parcel - there was no return address on the packaging but there was an address on the packing slip,

Digital Waves (All Your Music)
c/o Keymail UK Limited / Attn: Miss Taryn Earle
Unit 12 Saxon Way Trading Estate
Harmondsworth, Middlesex UB7 0LW
United Kingdom

This is just a guess but maybe items are shipped within the UK when in stock and imported from a distribution site in the USA when not in stock (in the same way that Planetaxel has a distribution site in Canada).

For the record the order left All Your Music 01/02/2012 (this is according to the despatch email and the date on the packaging).

fabricatedlunatic said:
You know, I think most people would take the VAT hit on the chin; it's the Royal Mail "handling" fee that takes the piss.
:headnod.gif:

It should be easier to get VAT paid up-front, as I would always do so for small value packages like that. I know Amazon US offer this now, for one.

mangaman74 said:
This is just a guess but maybe items are shipped within the UK when in stock and imported from a distribution site in the USA when not in stock (in the same way that Planetaxel has a distribution site in Canada).

For the record the order left All Your Music 01/02/2012 (this is according to the despatch email and the date on the packaging).

If it took 3 weeks then for sure it was sent from the USA and not the UK.
Thanks for all these details, it means I've been really lucky with all my previous orders. I'll keep this in mind in the future.

Teo

Hakuouki PSP (American LE)

Also, food poisoning. At least I have some convenient new entertainment to accompany me as I spend the weekend in bed (;´д⊂)

R

Rui said:

Also, food poisoning. At least I have some convenient new entertainment to accompany me as I spend the weekend in bed (;´д⊂)

R

Get better soon Rui.

Received the following,
The Last Story Limited Edition (Wii)

My 32GB Vita memory card from Planet Axel, finally!

Never have I been as disappointed to receive parcels from them as I was yesterday when it was "only" .hack//QUANTUM and Star Driver pt.2.

Rui said:

R
Ooohh, would you like to update the "pictures edition" thread? (But, er, not with the food poisoning. Hope you recover quickly!)

It would be cool if they started selling LEs that came with all the extras plus a download code for the game on PSN. I want to avoid buying UMDs now I've got the Vita. :-/

Although reading this is disappointing, anyway:

Just to add to the CANNOT install from PS3 list:

Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom

The people in the Aksys form said that it could take up to a month to be compatible

Tetris: one star, because it does not feature army guys with guns.

Cool to see the multiple announcements, though. It is kind of crazy to be reading about 2013 stuff - that's definitely far enough in the future that we will have hover cars.

Only Ordered on Friday Evening and now It's Monday Morning, Amazon FTW! Everytime!

Hunter X Hunter: Volumes 6-7
Kimi ni Todoke: Volume 2 (My local has all of the volumes except Vol.2)
Psyren: Volume 2

(lol blatant copy of the stuff bought post in the anime thread)

Kyaku said:
MrLaserSharkKH said:
Only Ordered on Friday Evening and now It's Monday Morning, Amazon FTW! Everytime!

Hunter X Hunter: Volumes 6-7
Kimi ni Todoke: Volume 2 (My local has all of the volumes except Vol.2)
Psyren: Volume 2

(lol blatant copy of the stuff bought post in the anime thread)

I'd stop buying HxH because you're going to have to anyway, a lot of volumes from 8 onwards are OOP.

Got really lucky with 8, 9 + 14 and found them for a great price (£11.40 the lot) last April on Amazon Marketplace :) Picked up Volume 18 a few weeks back too for a decent but not amazing price of a Tenner! I think that's all the OOP ones!

ilmaestro said:
Tetris: one star, because it does not feature army guys with guns.
Wait, a game without army guys with guns shooting foreigners? Well obviously that's the single worst game ever, because unless you can shoot foreigners, it's not fun at all! [/sarcasm].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back