What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

2023 HAUL VER 9.5
(note: images are hosted via AUKN for the meantime)

More parcels arrived throughout the week between Tuesday through to today, so I decided to bundle them onto a single post to make it easier to recap.

IMG_20230906_180344.jpg

So in case you haven't noticed my posts on Discord, BSky or Twitter, I have been re-reading One Piece from the very beginning because I wanted to start fresh before reading the Box Set 4 volumes and you can also thank the live-action series for convincing me to read them. Now I'm currently at Volume 54 which is the start of Impel Down's arc but it's been a very enjoyable read throughout.

The point is that I do have a good amount of One Piece games in the backlog but earlier in the year they released One Piece: Odyssey for PlayStation 5, which was included in The Game Collection's £10 bonus reward points deal so I decided to get that now. The plan is to get to Volume 90 before playing most of the PS4/PS5 One Piece games as they cover up to that point (except for Pirate Warriors 4 which has half of Wano's arc so that'll be on-hold).

IMG_20230906_181357.jpg

I mentioned it before but it was finally time that I received some replacement cases for my PS3, PS4 & Switch games. This is mainly due to some damage on the cases or the sticker residue was too much over the years. PS4 had more issues than the rest but at least Collection of Mana on Switch is now sorted with a better case.

IMG_20230916_125001.jpg

This was a last minute (literally a "oh I forgot about this") pickup, but it's a good one as we now have Hideo Nakata's 1998 film Ring (リング) on 4K Ultra HD from Arrow Video. Surprisingly it's a regular slipcase and not rigid but I'm fine with that. The release is 4K UHD only but that's okay as I own the box set on Blu-ray. There are two versions of this release by Arrow, with the other using the original theatrical artwork as its front cover but I wasn't a big fan of it so I opted for the main one which they did use for their limited edition collection box set and standard Blu-ray of the main film.

IMG_20230916_151032.jpg
IMG_20230916_151327.jpg
IMG_20230921_174650.jpg

Next we have three more Nintendo Switch games that arrived today.

Starting off with The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails from NIS America which I ordered through The Game Collection as it was priced reasonably well for an new title. This is a remaster of the Japan-only PSP game which is also a spin-off of The Legend of Heroes franchise, with the main difference being the gameplay is more Ys-style than the Trails approach. Deluxe Edition includes a booklet and digital soundtrack copy.

And then we have our second Stackry order with DOOM 64 and PowerSlave Exhumed from Limited Run Games, and both were ordered through eBay's US sellers. Now the long story short of this situation was that VGP sold out on PowerSlave at one point and I went into FOMO because the LRG games on VGP's store are not reprints but rather last remaining stock - the worst part about this whole ordeal was they did get more in and I made an error by not being patient enough to at least wait a few more hours before jumping the gun. Now I was at least smart enough to choose Stackry for its destination rather than international shipping which eased the blow. That said, to remedy the situation I also used this opportunity to try out Stackry's consolidation and after some debating I decided to go for another eBay order located in the US which ended up being DOOM 64 (and unlike the other game, this one was actually sold out and not on VGP for Switch, plus the price was rather decent).

Now the Stackry journey was very much similar to the first phase back in August (see this post for context) but the main difference here is that this is just two expensive Switch games that were paired together into a single order. Shipping was $19.99 followed by $4 for consolidation and $5 for bubble wrap and fragile stickers (basically packaging protection). When you consolidate orders together you do have the option to keep the invoices if needed but its default unticked so those will be removed if there was any.

Journey progress:
2nd Sept (eBay order 1 made, then shipped same day) -> 5th Sept (eBay order 2 made) -> 6th Sept (eBay order 2 shipped) -> 7th Sept (Stackry received order 1 package) -> 9th Sept (order 2 package arrived at Stackry) -> 11th Sept (Stackry officially confirms arrival of order 2, basically it seems they don't work weekends) -> 12th (I request consolidation) -> 13th (Stackry confirms completion of consolidation) -> 14th (Stackry order shipped) -> 16th (processed in the US for UK) -> 19th (cleared UK customs) -> 20th (arrived with Evri) -> 21st (delivered)

Again, my overall thoughts are pretty much similar to the first one. The package arrived safely via Evri, there's tracking to see how it's doing (which was DHL then Evri like before for Global Mail) and the bubble wrap work was very good. They chose the right box considering the original two packages for both games could have easily been damaged - that said, similar to Collection of Mana my PowerSlave copy had the same problem with the slightly bent case affecting the artwork but I was fortunate to have a spare case to fix that. Good timing on that.

So yeah, stay tuned for Stackry Phase 3 arriving sometime in early October which focuses on a $200 Rightstuf order.

I received one more Blu-ray title from my Rightstuf Summer Sale pre-order today. Only one pre-order title left in the order yet.

So sad to hear Crunchyroll/Sony is shutting down the Rightstuf store on 10 October... 😭

Lonely Castle in the Mirror

lonelycastle.jpg

Picked up the German version of this as Capelight have started including English subs on some of their releases (and it was a good price! £9!)
Definitely one of the most insane genre mash ups I've seen, think Men In Black meets Back to the Future meets Kamen Rider meets John Wick with a splash of Independence Day.

20230922_181729.jpg

2023 HAUL VER 9.6
(note: images are hosted via AUKN for the meantime)

Another batch of packages, which arrived yesterday and I was originally going to mention it then but the weather wasn't great and it made the lightning of the shots pretty dark so I decided to wait until today (and reshoot one of them). We are approaching the timeframe where I would save the haul posts until the weekend and days off work so that is likely to occur either next week or the week after.

IMG_20230906_180344.jpg

Another Crunchyroll release, and this time it's from the UK branch, yes shocker but if I see something that is actually done properly then I will put my support on it. The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2 limited edition from Crunchyroll UK is a perfect example of how to actually handle a product over here - good pricing (even way cheaper than the US release which was $94.98 SRP), and no ******* around with the artwork and packaging (i.e. no cheapening out on the artwork for a rehash of the spine's cover etc). Discs are also Region AB and spine-wise is pretty much consistent with Season 1. You can view more photos and specs on my blog.

IMG_20230906_181357.jpg
IMG_20230923_092722.jpg

Next we have our latest 88 Films haul which was held back due to waiting on both items to be available together. Here we have Wong Jing's Hard Boiled II: The Last Blood (驚天十二小時) and Ringo Lam & Tsui Hark's Twin Dragons (雙龍會) featuring Jackie Chan, with the latter presented in a deluxe collector's edition box set.

The Long Arm of the Law was originally going to be included in this haul but unfortunately it had been pushed back. October's 88 haul is probably going to be Battle Creek Brawl, Magic Crystal and The Medallion overall but we shall see!

I also want to mention there's one more Asian Cinema package on its way to conclude the September haul and it was one that I randomly spotted going for £70 than the usual £120 price range it's currently going for (which also normally goes for £150). It has a lot of films I'll say that.

She Shoots Straight was one of my three HKL white whales that I never managed to aquire (Dreadnaught & The Peacock King being the other two), so happy to finally have the film on beautiful blu ray instead. Just one to go!!
20230923_154421.jpg

I received my copy of the Japanese 4K/BD Collector's Edition of Suzume today, from Amazon.co.jp. I was totally surprised that it arrived on a Sunday; I didn't even know that DHL delivered over the weekend! Amazon had a few exclusives added to the box set, including a very thick plastic clear sideload slipbox with artwork, a large cardboard easel with the image from the digipack cover, and 5 postcards. This Japanese release does include English subtitles.

Amazon Exclusive Suzume Collector's Edition 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray 5-disc set

suzumejp1.jpg

suzumejp2.jpg

suzumejp3.jpg

suzumejp4.jpg

suzumejp5.jpg

suzumejp6.jpg

suzumejp7.jpg

suzumejp8.jpg

suzumejp9.jpg

suzumejp10.jpg

Last edited:
I tempting to buy it as well, but I won't another case where I buy a show only for it get license and released in the UK half a year later.

Was going to wait it out to see if AL licence and release Re:Zero S2 around 2024, but 4 months until the Christmas announcements is a long time and the LE will most likely be OOP by then.

I've just ordered Re:Zero S2 LE myself to be safe via AllYourMusic on ebay, first time using their store. With their buy two get 20 - 25% off I got another title for more or less the same price as I would had paid for Re:Zero S2 LE individually which makes the hit to my card a little less heavy.

Back