What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

v9HUGX9h.jpg

lxPAdENh.jpg
l0V1v7rh.jpg

Another Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs manga batch. Volume 14 arrived first last Monday and Volume 13 was supposed to do the same but Royal Mail lost it, so Amazon sent me a replacement which arrived today. I do have Volume 15 pre-ordered since it was £8 and it's expected to hopefully ship in a few weeks time.

Isn't it already out? Got my digital version from Bookwalker on Tuesday. Yuru Camp vol 10 digital and physical came out same day.
Yeah I pre-ordered it days before its official release last Tuesday, but like any other Seven Seas title it's currently out of stock for UK. Estimation is end of September to early October as a result.

Ah, Yuru Camp is Yen Press and I got it 4 days later due to choosing free post. Wonder what effects one company, but not the other? Yuru Camp was printed in the States, so obviously needed shipping over at some point before the release date.
i've noticed it with seven seas stuff that despite the release date being the same as the US, UK stores don't seem to get any stock until atleast a month after the date, yen press from memory was generally avaiilable a week earlier than the date or at thee same time

Some of the original sketches that arrived today 😄 I've really been enjoying building on this new collection of mine 😄
View attachment 20814View attachment 20815View attachment 20816View attachment 20817
These are awesome. I've considered buying things like these before but how do you store/preserve them? Also, how do you prove their authenticity?
Those two factors always scared me away from buying these and cels which is a shame because they are super interesting and cool.

These are awesome. I've considered buying things like these before but how do you store/preserve them? Also, how do you prove their authenticity?
Those two factors always scared me away from buying these and cels which is a shame because they are super interesting and cool.
I only buy sketches on paper which they make before the actual cels on plastic sheets. Those are easy to preserve. I just stick them in a plastic bag/vinyl sleeve and store them in a portfolio/box.

For example Bleach is a digitaly made anime, but they still used hand painted sketches that they scanned and painted digitally. The gengas are a bit more rough but more colorful and then the final version(douga) is the polished sketch with just line work that they scan.

I've been buying them from other collectors who purchased them from Japan a long time ago and they're part of big sets so I'm sure they're real. Fakes aren't that usual for series like Bleach which isn't too expensive yet. It's more common for big hitters like Ghibli and DBZ and more specifically the cels.

Edit: Yahoo Japan is a good place to look around for any series you like. There's a lot of cheap series as well if you don't want to invest too much money in it.

Back