What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Can't go wrong with Garden of Sinners. Kado's on my watchlist based on the great first half of Babylon (but let's not talk about the equally dull second half, which also means I keep expectations for Kado low!).

Always set my expectations low for blind buys, but the premise of Kado sounds really interesting and the trailer did sell it for me. Hope it has a proper ending...

Always set my expectations low for blind buys, but the premise of Kado sounds really interesting and the trailer did sell it for me. Hope it has a proper ending...
Kado raises some really interesting questions and looks like it's going to be a cerebral SF drama for most of its run... then it all falls apart in the last few episodes, which are a complete mess and turn into a generic action-fest that wrecks all of the moral ambiguity and ethical dilemmas it had been so carefully building up. I ended up finding the debates in the Crunchyroll comments section for each episode more compelling than the series itself, and I can't say that's usually the place I go for high-brow analysis!

New arrivals from Mandarake!
20210907_161750.jpg
Macross Frontier Movie Box
Featuring both movies, a production materials book, an art book and some kind of PS3 software (not entirely sure what this does) this is an absolute unit of a set and currently the largest in my collection (until AL's NGE set arrives). Since it has English subtitles this is one of the more accessible releases for overseas fans and while it is a condensed version of the series it's still great fun.
20210907_162508.jpg20210907_161953.jpg20210907_162013.jpg
20210907_171124.jpg
Idolm@ster Shiny Colors Illustration Works vol. 1
Really like what I've seen of the art in Shiny Colors so I just had to get the art book. I don't play it so much anymore but it'd be great if BanG Dream did a similar collection.

Macross Frontier Movie Box
Featuring both movies, a production materials book, an art book and some kind of PS3 software (not entirely sure what this does) this is an absolute unit of a set and currently the largest in my collection (until AL's NGE set arrives). Since it has English subtitles this is one of the more accessible releases for overseas fans and while it is a condensed version of the series it's still great fun.
I had a quick search online regarding the PS3 disc inclusion. It seems to be a set of additional bonus features that can only be accessed on the Video section of the PlayStation 3 dashboard (like how you access the Short Peace films on the Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day release). I assume it's basically content carried over from the PS3 game Macross Last Frontier which was released as a Hybrid Disc format with one or both of the Macross Frontier films.

I recieved these in the mail over the last two weeks while I was in the hospital:

Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel III. spring song Limited Edition Blu-ray (Aniplex of America)
Moriarty The Patriot 5 Limited Edition (JP Import)
Moriarty The Patriot 6 Limited Edition (JP Import)
Violet Evergarden: Eternity and the Auto-Memory Doll Collector's Edition (UK Import)

Fire Force Season 2 Part 1 Blu-ray/DVD
Lupin the 3rd Part III Blu-ray
Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple Season 1 Blu-ray
The Ancient Magus' Bride Supplement Volume 2

hf3mori56ve.jpg

ff2lupkenamb.jpg

Bj6woSYh.jpg

More Anime Limited releases arrived today. First up we have Love Live! Sunshine!! The School Idol Movie: Over the Rainbow on Blu-ray. Because the Funimation release was Region AB, the UK disc is also AB.

You were expecting more photos? BUU BUU DESU WA!

I'm joking, you can view them on my blog.

FaMjkau.gif

hHOgdYYh.jpg

Next we have Lupin III: The First on Blu-ray & DVD. This is the third Lupin the Third release by the distributor and comes with a pretty solid booklet. Region B only but uses the GKIDS discs with their French & Spanish subtitles and English Descriptive audio. You can view more photos/specs on my blog.

Back