What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

DSC_1661.JPG

The photo on ALs page for Garden of Words looks like a box rather than a case. Will look a little odd next to the two other Shinkai films TPPIOED and Your Name.

As will Mind Game next to Lu and Night is Short, but it was pictured as coming in a case.

My copy of "Star-Ballzers" arrived from Rightstuf today. The image on the front of the box is really dark. The camera flash lightens it up a good bit, but in regular room lighting it's very hard to even see the characters and the ship... I took this photo purposely without showing the rainbow foil effects, so you can see the image a little better.

starblazers1.jpg

Here is the front cover in normal room lighting, no flash, with foil highlights:

starblazers2.jpg
The fact we have to call that it that American name still pisses me off it’s still Yamato to me, I’ll wait till part 2 till I import, as I do doubt it’s going OOP it’s a space opera after all

The fact we have to call that it that American name still pisses me off it’s still Yamato to me, I’ll wait till part 2 till I import, as I do doubt it’s going OOP it’s a space opera after all

I've long owned all the JP releases of 2199, and have watched the series numerous times, as it's one of my Top 5 anime of all time. I will always call it Space Battleship Yamato. I only got this westernized-title-crap release so I can show it with the English dub to some of my friends who can't read subtitles; I've been holding off showing the series to them until this all comes out. I never use a dub when viewing anime myself - I vehemently detest them, actually - so the dub is not for my own benefit at all. But, the book inside this set should be of some interest, I guess. At least they put the book inside the box and didn't just shrink-wrap it to the back like they are hell-bent on doing with art cards all the time now... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
More importantly I noticed they got rid of the 'FILM' notice and Anime Ltd logo on the front cover.

The reversible cover removed the FILM and BBFC bit, but didn't get rid of the Anime Ltd logo. Most people should have the cover reversed as the standard back cover looks awful

Its odd looking at older Anime Ltd titles and seeing the FILM/SET/Collectors Edition written on the front cover along with the spine

I've long owned all the JP releases of 2199, and have watched the series numerous times, as it's one of my Top 5 anime of all time. I will always call it Space Battleship Yamato. I only got this westernized-title-crap release so I can show it with the English dub to some of my friends who can't read subtitles; I've been holding off showing the series to them until this all comes out. I never use a dub when viewing anime myself - I vehemently detest them, actually - so the dub is not for my own benefit at all. But, the book inside this set should be of some interest, I guess. At least they put the book inside the box and didn't just shrink-wrap it to the back like they are hell-bent on doing with art cards all the time now... :rolleyes:

Now as it looks like it doesn't have a slip cover. Does that means Part 2 won't have one as well, or will we be left with one part with one and one without.

Its a great series and happy its finally gotten a release.

Funi very seldom makes an LE box that holds BD cases with slips. The chipboard box itself takes the place of a slip. Part two will most likely ship with a slip; I just toss the slip whenever I'm putting a Part 2 case into an LE box that isn't sized for slips. O-card slipcovers have no value to me anyway, it's a stupid design with bare cut edges that fray and mushroom with the slightest touch.

Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep

DjbTIGWXoAADnVk.jpg

Thanks to a friend on Twitter, I was able to get these two Neptunia games from an eBay sale which is doing a current promotion that offers 10% off for 2 items or more. Both together cost around £38.88 (average £19 each) which is just cheaper than the prices on Idea Factory Europe's webstore. They're UK versions as well which is a plus.

The games are Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed and MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies for the PlayStation Vita.

image.jpg

That CS box looks nice, still need to pick those Blu rays up. What sort of shape and size is it?
IMG_20180731_133619389-01.jpeg
The four volumes fit in the box, the box with lid is 40cm deep. The deluxe version was £25, £15 more than the standard but it does come with 10 really nice artcards from the end credits plus there's an exclusive bonus disc. It's limited to a thousand and available only through Network. There's going to be a standard box set of all 4 volumes released in October.

Back