What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

From MCM:
image.jpg
Got my FMP print signed by Shouji Gatou, he was a very nice guy, shook his hand and told him how much I enjoyed Amagi Brilliant Park as well (and mentioned how I'd like a second season.)
[Not pictured] Also managed to get a FranXX poster from the Crunchyroll stall. Technically they had run out but there was one stuck to the table that they said I could have so didn't miss out.
image.jpg
Got the following Blu Rays:
Anime Ltd:
  • Durararax2 Ketsu (was £20 which was a nice touch)
  • Lupin the Third Part IV
  • MSG: The Origin I-IV
MVM:
  • Log Horizon Collection

I was going to get Log Horizon Collection but I thought i should stop
I missed out on it last MCM so when they had a few copies I thought I might as well. There were more titles I wanted to get but with the GITS: SAC set Coming out soon I decided to conserve some funds.

Got these two last week on the 24th from Amazon UK - Gate LE and Napping Princess CE:

gatenapuk.jpg

Receiving these in the mail actually prompted me to finally install the Region-free mod kit in the Oppo UDP-203 I bought at the beginning of April - now I just need to test it out. I already have an Oppo 93 with the mod kit installed, so now I can use the 93 as an all-region player on my TV in the living room.

Last edited:
Yes it's as bad as those screenshots massive pixelation of the image in dark scenes, very noticeable even when it isn't paused.
Have took a few photos of my copy to show you (note pictures took by my phone camera of TV)
I had to use the money I set aside for this release to give to the never ending greed of professional bodies needless to say I'd much rather still have spent the money on this release.

That is genuinely terrible. It looks like the result of a school project to redesign a poster for your favourite film. Done by a particularly lazy student who does their homework on the morning it's due to be handed in, like I used to.

Also I'm guessing the HDR label is non-removable and printed onto the cover, this generation's version of the bloody blue top band that tells you it's a Blu-ray, just in case the fact it's in a Blu-ray case with a Blu-ray logo on wasn't enough of a tip off.

That is genuinely terrible. It looks like the result of a school project to redesign a poster for your favourite film. Done by a particularly lazy student who does their homework on the morning it's due to be handed in, like I used to.

Also I'm guessing the HDR label is non-removable and printed onto the cover, this generation's version of the bloody blue top band that tells you it's a Blu-ray, just in case the fact it's in a Blu-ray case with a Blu-ray logo on wasn't enough of a tip off.

I agree. I’m a huge advocate for slipcovers having different artwork than the actual case art, but when I saw how bad the inside cover looked compared to how cool the new art on the slip is, I was very disappointed. They also use the artwork with the rabbit on the menu of the 4K disc too, and it just makes it feel cheap, despite the exorbitant costs of 4K BDs.

The HDR label is printed. Some studios use stickers which are better.

Been wanting this for a while, but the UK doesn't have a BD, but I saw this pop up on eBay for cheap.

oa9KdzQ.jpg

Also, the latest episode of "Joe buys a bunch of Japanese language manga for cheap off eBay in the hopes he'll be able to actually read it one day, maybe".

TgpAqhv.jpg

(yes, the fact vol.7 doesn't have an obi bugs me)

Also, the latest episode of "Joe buys a bunch of Japanese language manga for cheap off eBay in the hopes he'll be able to actually read it one day, maybe".

TgpAqhv.jpg

(yes, the fact vol.7 doesn't have an obi bugs me)
Just out of curiosity how cheap was that (and would you take off some of my jp manga for the right price. *cough*)

Just out of curiosity how cheap was that (and would you take off some of my jp manga for the right price. *cough*)
I paid about £12.50 for it. I had a wee look through the list of JP stuff you're selling, nothing there that interests me, sorry!

Back