What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

It's not on at the Picturehouse yet 😜
I saw the Japanese version and there were a couple of kids there, about 10 or just under I reckon, and I thought to myself have the parents come to the wrong showing as the English version is on next week. But they seemed to be fine with it, have you shown your daughter the Japanese version of any Ghiblis yet?
She's only five so her reading's not up to subtitles yet :)

Obviously not Zavvi anyway, seems they are still to receive stock of the blu ray versions.
Not a fan of zavvi now, they are now charging shipping and when I emailed them about it they said its to improve there delivery service. I replied back to ask if they use a different courier then as I received my order from royal mail.... No reply. :(

Not a fan of zavvi now, they are now charging shipping and when I emailed them about it they said its to improve there delivery service. I replied back to ask if they use a different courier then as I received my order from royal mail.... No reply. :(
I've never been a fan of Zavvi which is why these Zavvi exclusive anime titles annoy me.

I saw they had their own exclusive edition, Arrow went all out on Miike's 100th film it seems
I actually remember last year, going to a company screening (not for Blade of the Immortal; a different one) and seeing little shurikan-shaped coaster-sized advertisements for the film all over the venue. Was a nice touch.

40498569114_71728e477c_b.jpg

From Amazon. Happy to get this release on par with the US release date, feels pretty surreal getting this so quickly.

27338569058_ba75178a8c_b.jpg

Although I am still waiting on a refund for the monitor I had to send back, in the meantime, I just bought another one. During my breif time using my 4K monitor, I realised that 4K is probably a little *too* high a resolution, as everything was just tiny on the internet, with a ton of empty space, which made for a pretty not great experience, so I instead opted for a different monitor, this time a more sensible 1440p display from Lenovo. It is a lovely monitor, 27" and IPS, so everything looks pretty fantastic on it. Very happy with the purchase.

Yeah, we have six 32" 4K monitors on some of the upper management's computers at work, and even with that size screen, full 4K resolution is way too small to be usable. Unfortunately for the users, either the monitors or the video software don't support any resolutions between 1080 or 4K, so they are all running their great big monitors at 1080.

Back