What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Yeah, we have six 32" 4K monitors on some of the upper management's computers at work, and even with that size screen, full 4K resolution is way too small to be usable. Unfortunately for the users, either the monitors or the video software don't support any resolutions between 1080 or 4K, so they are all running their great big monitors at 1080.
Peasants, the lost of you, you do know you can change that in display properties don't you?

you do know you can change that in display properties don't you?
Yeah, there's no way in hell I'll be using a 4k display at 100% until I have my bionic eyes. I have Windows set to 150% scale and Firefox at 110% on top of that. The extra resolution makes text look really clear, for the first time I can no longer see pixelation.

The downside is that it also scales images, however. So unless I open a picture in Photoshop, I'm essentially viewing an upscaled version of it (whether in Windows photo viewer or online) which can make those images look lower quality than they actually are.

Yeah, there's no way in hell I'll be using a 4k display at 100% until I have my bionic eyes. I have Windows set to 150% scale and Firefox at 110% on top of that. The extra resolution makes text look really clear, for the first time I can no longer see pixelation.

The downside is that it also scales images, however. So unless I open a picture in Photoshop, I'm essentially viewing an upscaled version of it (whether in Windows photo viewer or online) which can make those images look lower quality than they actually are.
I've been fine with that, then again the monitor is practically glued to my face most of the time

40984188271_b8b425f609_b.jpg

I had no idea that the Yu-Gi-Oh season was a US copy. Pretty sure this officially gives me the world's most inconsistent collection at this point:
40091045575_e3c102daf6_b.jpg
Well actually my DB series collection is! :

ZSaLsPh.jpg

No DB
No DBZ Kai Part 1
DBZ Kai Part 2 U.S BD
DBZ Kai Part 3 U.S DVD
DBZ Kai Part 3 U.S BD
DBZ Kai Season 3 (Parts 5&6) UK BD
DBZ Kai Season 4 (Parts 7&8) UK BD
DBZ Kai: The Final Chapters Parts 1-3 U.S BD
Now modern DB:
BoG CE UK BD
ResF JPN CE BD Set (swapped with AUS version for actual BD)
DBS Part 1 UK BD
No DBS Part 2
DBS Part 3 U.S BD

Lol.

(Also yes I own The Amazing Spider-man 2...I don't know why...)

Well actually my DB series collection is! :

ZSaLsPh.jpg

No DB
No DBZ Kai Part 1
DBZ Kai Part 2 U.S BD
DBZ Kai Part 3 U.S DVD
DBZ Kai Part 3 U.S BD
DBZ Kai Season 3 (Parts 5&6) UK BD
DBZ Kai Season 4 (Parts 7&8) UK BD
DBZ Kai: The Final Chapters Parts 1-3 U.S BD
Now modern DB:
BoG CE UK BD
ResF JPN CE BD Set (swapped with AUS version for actual BD)
DBS Part 1 UK BD
No DBS Part 2
DBS Part 3 U.S BD

Lol.

(Also yes I own The Amazing Spider-man 2...I don't know why...)
As do I, got it in Poundland, that's all TASM2 is worth

Received one of my Amazon UK packages, which contained two of my birthday gifts (my birthday is May 1st lol)
However, I noticed that The Wind Rises is some sort of misprint? - the text on the back is not visible at all. I compared to Whisper of the Heart, from the same order, and some of the other Ghibli movies. I believe it's a misprint, so I wrote to Amazon an they'll send a replacement, at no extra cost, and they didn't want this one in return. I'll give it away to one of my friends, who also likes anime.

Wind Rises:
View attachment 3157
It's also missing the Ghibli logos on the top banner, both front and back. (I also compared to @NormanicGrav's pictures from his blog. Thanks btw)

Whisper of the Heart:
View attachment 3156

On another note, this one was also included. So yay!
View attachment 3158
I think Wind Rises may be a bootleg, the IFCO rating is incorrect in your photo. It should look like this:

Isn't that also the one? - The top one is Wind Rises, the bottom one it Whisper of the Heart for comparison.
Whisper of the Heart looks fine. The logo on The Wind Rises is incorrect, it's not even close.

Wind Rises IFCO age logo zoomed from your image
IMG_20180404_37671.jpg

Actual IFCO age logo

Attachments

• IMG_20180404_37671.jpg
    IMG_20180404_37671.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 0
I think I know what's up.

Thankfully my blog is useful this time as I have both Wind Rises and Whisper of the Heart. It's possible that the Irish logo had a redesign between the releases of Wind Rises and the reprinted version of Whisper of the Heart (which is what I have shown on my blog as it has the correct number on the spine).

I think I know what's up.

Thankfully my blog is useful this time as I have both Wind Rises and Whisper of the Heart. It's possible that the Irish logo had a redesign between the releases of Wind Rises and the reprinted version of Whisper of the Heart (which is what I have shown on my blog as it has the correct number on the spine).
No, the background color of the G rating is supposed to be blue.

Seems for some reason Studio Canal themselves are using the incorrect logo, all my PG rated stuff has the logo I put up except the Ghibli stuff.

Now I'm lost again, doesn't these two logos look like each other?
View attachment 3162
And isn't the background on G rating from Whisper blue too?

The font on PG is different, the shape size and colour of the logo is fine. As shown by @NormanicGrav it always had an incorrect font on the release. The one I posted is the rating logo that has been used since 1996 and has not been updated since.

The G rating is supposed to be in white on a blue background as is shown in your image.

So it's not a bootleg? - Spirited Away uses the same font on the rating, same with Pom Poko. So it's just the Ghibli movies that use this logo? - with the wrong font.
No, it appears it is not a bootleg and yes the only releases that use that incorrect rating logo are the Ghibli movies. Don't know why its only the Ghibli movies as other Studio Canal releases are using the correct font.

Back