What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

From Catstealers-zines; 90's Anime Girls. It's a fairly good collection of 90 full colour illustrations with mostly American fan art. The book did get banged up a bit due to the fact it was sent in a bubble mailer with no other protection to stop it from being bent. Not to be too critical of some of the art, but for a few of the images I had no idea which anime they were supposed to be from, then read the index and realised it was from an anime I was really familiar with. Some of the interpretations of of the characters are rather... interesting. It's weird how different Japanese fan art will depict a character compared to how some western fan artists interpret the same characters and depict them.

catstealzine.jpg

View attachment 2733
Haven't seen innocence yet, and since I got the latest (animated) film I thought why not get all the borders? That's the whole reboot!
Well technically when they turned the Arise OVAS into a 10 episode series they named it Arise: Alternative Architecture. The last two episodes were a new arc called "Pyrophoric Cult" which hasn't been released anywhere that I know of. Good haul though the OVAS are very good IMO.

Well technically when they turned the Arise OVAS into a 10 episode series they named it Arise: Alternative Architecture. The last two episodes were a new arc called "Pyrophoric Cult" which hasn't been released anywhere that I know of. Good haul though the OVAS are very good IMO.
Pyrophoric Cult came out in Japan on bluray in 2015. It doesn't appear to have English subs, the other 4 ovas did iirc.

Wonder what the hold up is wrt an English home video release

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B0...etailBullets_secondary_view_div_1519670994773

Last edited:
Yeah, I pre-ordered the JP Pyrophoric Cult day one, it does have English subs.

These, on the other hand, do not - I just received these two today from Japan: Ancient Magus' Bride Volume 1 LE and Space Battleship Yamato 2202 Volume 4. No English-Friendliness here, but I want both of these series so much, I don't care - I'll eventually sub them myself, in some manner.

magus1sby4.jpg

Back