What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

25483426338_5759e18863_b.jpg

Spent a little Christmas money, I'm behind on Marvel stuff so I thought I'd do some catching up.

Y6A6yPl.jpg

EBHiiLX.jpg

Two items that are now in the process of being sent back to Amazon since the android TV box has misleading advertising as it only gives a maximum of 720p in youtube and everything went screwey with the youtube app suddenly shutting down (or even crashing) and the keyboard was to be used with it so that is going back because there isn't any need for it.

I think I'll stay with roku despite my reservations until I can put a media PC together.

I'm of the opinion that Phase 3 has been absolutely killer for the MCU. All 3 you have there are truly fantastic films. Especially Guardians 2 which is just an absolute joy.
Our opinions could not be anymore opposite, Phase 3 has been truly pathetic in my opinion GotG2 in my opinion was the crux of that a total shambles. HC was decent enough but not really ground breaking and Thor 3 was a joke literally a comedy they turned what should have been a serious movie into a freaking comedy. It just seems Disney have regressed into this comedic shell after criticism WB received about the dark nature of BvS. A comic book film can have comedic moments sure but once it actually turns into a comedy that is it, why should I take the film seriously when it doesn't I mean:
Who thought having a literal ass joke in a movie was a great idea? Wtf Disney/MARVEL

After the great phase 1 everything since was beeeeeeen so ehhh (Winter Soldier was great but then they churned out garbage like Civil War) they found a formula and haven't budged from it. They just repeat the same jokes in the film again and again and again it is like we get it MARVEL you are never gonna go dark why they decided to use GotG has a blue print for films not Winter Soldier is beyond me.

Whoa this got wayy to rant-y I apologise!

Our opinions could not be anymore opposite, Phase 3 has been truly pathetic in my opinion GotG2 in my opinion was the crux of that a total shambles. HC was decent enough but not really ground breaking and Thor 3 was a joke literally a comedy they turned what should have been a serious movie into a freaking comedy. It just seems Disney have regressed into this comedic shell after criticism WB received about the dark nature of BvS. A comic book film can have comedic moments sure but once it actually turns into a comedy that is it, why should I take the film seriously when it doesn't I mean:
Who thought having a literal ass joke in a movie was a great idea? Wtf Disney/MARVEL

After the great phase 1 everything since was beeeeeeen so ehhh (Winter Soldier was great but then they churned out garbage like Civil War) they found a formula and haven't budged from it. They just repeat the same jokes in the film again and again and again it is like we get it MARVEL you are never gonna go dark why they decided to use GotG has a blue print for films not Winter Soldier is beyond me.

Whoa this got wayy to rant-y I apologise!

I honestly don't want it to be dark. I love the fact they are fun films and the comedy can really suit characters like Guardians, Hulk and Thor. I mean on the face of it all of these characters are pretty silly so why not have fun with them? Especially Thor I mean this guy is a literal god so he is going to (and always has had in the MCU) a huge sense of bravado and cockiness
so the tone of Ragnorak I think was better suited to him than most of Dark World.

But at the same point they do get serious. Dr.Strange isn't a particularly comedic film, it has its moments but most of it is played straight. Spiderman is a perfect blend of teen melodrama and comedy which suits this imo perfect screen version of Peter Parker. It makes sense that the tone of that film is goofy
but damn when the Vulture realizes who Peter is I mean that got pretty serious.

I think I had my fill of serious and dark comic book films with the Dark Knight trilogy and pretty much most comic book films circa 2000-2007. I'm glad the MCU isn't all that myself but it still has that serious stuff when required,
for example in Civil War a major character is paralyzed and the fate of the Starks is revealed, Dr.Strange has the Ancient One die and Guardians kills off Yondu and I know that scene made many people shed a tear, I mean the ending to Guardians 2 is just incredible. The unspoken thing is about the sweetest thing I've seen on screen haha.

I can concede that the Guardians blueprint has been used on some of the more recent films to some degree but honestly given Guardians is my favourite part I'm not going to complain. Also with Phase 3 set to end and Phase 4 set to be a huge shift I think you are going to get plenty of serious **** going down over the next 2 years in the MCU so I think it's also possible that they have deliberately set the tone going into to Avengers 3&4 of one of optimism and perhaps to a small degree arrogance for the characters so when they rip it down it'll be all the more impactful.

Last edited:
I did not care for the original Guardians at all, because of all the comedy, so I've never bothered with watching even a trailer for the second movie. I've pretty much lost interest in Marvel movies after that - I just don't like comedy in general.

Received the Girl Who Leapt Through Time the other day from Amazon, received Shin Godzilla from a Horror Channel competition they had a while back, I had completely forgot about it until I received the email telling me I had won. 20171229_202922.jpg

It's bothering me more than it probably should that the image of Makoto looks like it's too small for the cut out on the slipcover (or it just doesn't fit properly)... Is the slip just not sitting right or is that the case?

Last edited:
It's bothering me more than it probably should that the image of Makoto looks like it's too small for the cut out on the slipcover (or it just doesn't fit properly)... Is the slip just not sitting right or is that the case?
I didn't notice that until you pointed it out, I've just got and had a look and found that the slipcover in the case wasn't position correctly. Doesn't quite line up perfectly but it is better than it was.
15145813791241579820124.jpg

Back