What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Nice Garden of Sinners set NormanicGrav you picked up last week :thumb:

Still very much in doubt to get this one as well. I do have the Kazé release which puts the seven movies onto three BD discs but does contain all seven OST's and a very nice big art book (22 pages) in an enormous digi pack like case of 16 by 11 inch :eek: Real bummer to put this one on a shelf, so now it on top of a book case :)

The movies itself will almost certainly have better PQ in the Japanese set than what Kazé did with it (7 discs compared to 3), but as i said very much in doubt to double dip this. Have to get myself convinced help is appreciated :)

That's a lot of stuff! Great haul.

These arrived today: Zelda DX for the GBC (went usa as it has a gold box) and Omega Quintet LE (enjoyed the neptunia games so gonna sample another of compile hearts titles)

17331896095_0a3cbe080d_b.jpg

16709426534_3f46fd7f9f_b.jpg

NormanicGrav said:
A rather odd delay for a pre-order but my copy for the Garden of Sinners: recalled out summer film from Aniplex of America has finally arrived.
Am I the only person that keeps releases in plastic covers when they come in one? I can't imagine displaying my BD Box without it being in one.
Despite not being in a chipboard artbox I still absolutely love the Mirai Fukuin release. I am a little bummed that they removed the really nice animated menus + music from the Mirai Fukuin discs, (which is a thing for all previous movies + the JP release) replacing them with a static image. As far as I can see there's literally no reason for them to have done that since it is just the Japanese disc with subs added.

Stiivun said:
The movies itself will almost certainly have better PQ in the Japanese set than what Kazé did with it (7 discs compared to 3), but as i said very much in doubt to double dip this. Have to get myself convinced help is appreciated :)
If it helps, the BDMV size of disc 5 (Paradox Paradigm) alone is 43gb. The JP BDs for the film look spectacular and I wouldn't have them any other way, and come on, you own a Kaze release.
They're a cheap, garbage company. Why they opted to put the two 2 hour films as well as the 6th one on a single disc just blows my mind.

Here is what I got today as a rare treat: Sol Bianca - The Legacy Box Set and Wings of Honneamise Combi Pack

Dq32dk3l.png

Just look at that Sol Bianca cover. Good character design.

Mangaranga said:
NormanicGrav said:
A rather odd delay for a pre-order but my copy for the Garden of Sinners: recalled out summer film from Aniplex of America has finally arrived.
Am I the only person that keeps releases in plastic covers when they come in one? I can't imagine displaying my BD Box without it being in one.
Despite not being in a chipboard artbox I still absolutely love the Mirai Fukuin release. I am a little bummed that they removed the really nice animated menus + music from the Mirai Fukuin discs, (which is a thing for all previous movies + the JP release) replacing them with a static image. As far as I can see there's literally no reason for them to have done that since it is just the Japanese disc with subs added.

Not to worry I still have the plastic covers for both Kara no Kyoukai sets. I found it very complicated to sort out the BD-Box due to how it was opened so I just couldn't be asked to fix it (it's the folding part at the bottom of the set). Recalled out summer is back in its case. I also have kept JP Rebellion in its package while the JP Beginnings/Eternal ripped itself during my unwrapping so it was pretty much impossible to use.

Mangaranga said:
Stiivun said:
If it helps, the BDMV size of disc 5 (Paradox Paradigm) alone is 43gb. The JP BDs for the film look spectacular and I wouldn't have them any other way, and come on, you own a Kaze release.
They're a cheap, garbage company. Why they opted to put the two 2 hour films as well as the 6th one on a single disc just blows my mind.
Thanks that, it is what could be expected. And indeed strange decision by them (oh well, we know the source, so ... :wink: ) to put the two 2 hour films on one disc.

Just checked my Kazé copy and they are 20,2 GB for Paradox Paradigm, 6,1 GB for Oblivion Recording and 18,4 GB for Murder Spec. part B on that last disc. So no more wondering if PQ of the Japanese set is superior (by lightyears) compared to Kazé.

And yes i do own Kazé releases but if it's any excuse on my behalf, have to say since i'm fully hooked on anime and check forums like this one, i stay away from them as far as possible :)

Dannielle said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Fair enough.

I find they line up nicely & look worlds better without the attachments when added to your shelf but entirely up to you :)

I was thinking that, but I do like having the technical info and stuff on the back, I just don't like how it looks on the front or spine. I'll probably keep it for now and decide once Part 3 comes since it comes with a collector's box for all three parts, it won't really matter.

Back