What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

My first anime acquisition in over a month:

Or in case people can't open pictures:
> Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt (BLU-RAY + DVD COMBOPACK)

Achievements:
> Achievement get: "Slipcover luck" (Awesome!)
> Achievement get: "First 18+ anime in collection"

But yeah, I've had my eyes on this release for quite a while now, and I decided to get this when I got a discount code from GolGotha.
I could've gotten Perfect Blue, but while I'm willing to watch it, it's still a steep price..
I do wonder whether the fact the slipcover is still there means it bombed for MangaUK, or that the whole print run got/is getting a slipcover.
Anyway, it doesn't really matter for me, I own it!

There're more acquisitions incoming over the next few days or weeks, including a Funimation release and I hope MVM will ship me my order I made last week. xD

Thank you very much to GolGotha for giving me a 15% off code for Zavvi!! :3

First new manga series I've invested in in a while, really enjoyed the anime but heard the manga storyline is quite different.

output_zpshubvacwc.jpg~original

Getting woken up by the postlady when i've been working nights is horrible but knowing that everything was for me makes it better XD.

This is what came today

DSC_0048_zpsd521c4cb.jpg

Ichiban Kuji Natsume Yuujinchou Tribute Gallery figure of Natsume Takashi and Kogitsune
Ichiban Kuji Matoba Seiji figure from Natsume Yuujinchou

DSC_0049_zpsf254e1e3.jpg

Zeon towel (from CDJapan sale)
DSC_0051_zps7019b4d8.jpg

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn OVA 7 (final) from CDJapan...worked out cheaper than united publications and got no customs. Since i got the first release japanese version (with ENG subtitles) it came with a slip sleeve and booklet)
DSC_0052_zpse1f67c1e.jpg

DSC_0053_zps5ee58569.jpg

DSC_0054_zps9f5f4423.jpg

--------------------------------------------
Just waiting for Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan Season 2 Part 1 to arrive plus expecting 2 parcels from biginjap.com and 1 from amiami.

Yesterday i got C - Control Complete Collection (as it was MVM deal of the week) and Time of EVE OVA blu ray

DSC_0073_zps6217269b.jpg

Time of EVE also came with different covers
DSC_0074_zpsb0f8b730.jpg

DSC_0075_zps67515d7f.jpg

DSC_0076_zps4c6a8f2e.jpg
DSC_0077_zps393e288a.jpg

Was on the fence about getting this, but I figured that I love Toradora and I would regret it if I didn't (Made that mistake with Anohana). NISA releases are worth it.

rxhfZqSl.jpg

a2TuTS3l.jpg

Also got Shiki

RMIrgSjl.jpg

July Collection Update #2 - Tora! Dora!

Slight delay for presenting this, there was an emergency family issue (fingers crossed it goes out well) but Toradora!! arrived.

Toradora!! - Complete Series: Premium Edition (Blu-ray/DVD)
Region: A | 1

20140712_104217.jpg
20140712_104312.jpg

20140712_104423.jpg
20140712_104437.jpg

The Toradora box is beastly, as sturdy as they come, and the book could take some punishment as well. It has more art than the DVD LE books, but is missing the interviews and some other stuff. I'm thinking about keeping them now... D:

Very pleased. I like NISA's idea of a Premium Edition more than that of... certain other distributors.

The artbook is also different from the original DVD Premium release from what I heard so think twice before selling them!

The DVD case is actually not that bad, but I'm still worried about the quality of Cardcaptor's Blu-ray release (still considering it or maybe I should read the manga first).

These came in the post over the last few days

14454932598_a445f70fe9_b.jpg

Thinking about starting a gamecube collection, definitely one of my favourite consoles with an amazing catalogue.

10402027_10152488290587976_3584740675255451618_n.jpg

Including postage from Japan, this cost me £25 (compared to the £40 UK price). Also, no customs fees, despite it being declared as £20.

You thought I was going to get the S.A.V.E.? Nope, Chuck Testa!

First off, the acquisition of a MVM Entertainment catalogue title:

Second off, the acquisition of an UN-SAVE LIMITED EDITION:

For whoever wants to see a group shot: *click*.

Or in case people can't open pictures of the glorious newest acquisitions:
> Speed Grapher (DVD)
> Strike Witches 2 (LIMITED EDITION, BLU-RAY and DVD COMBOPACK)

The UK acquisition:
Remember this being the DOTW ages ago?! I ordered it the last day when it was DOTW, and my guess is that MVM was out of stock at the time. So it shipped last Wednesday.
It really surprised me it didn't arrive on Friday. But it appears the 11th of July is some sort of holiday in Flanders, so yeah... However, it didn't even arrive on Monday the 14th.

But all is well, after a short night of sleep I found my 2 parcels in the mail. ;3

Why I got this? People who've seen my list of titles I wanted to acquire in the long run might've noticed Speed Grapher not initially being there.
I had a good ponder over it after Just Passing Through recommended it to somebody in the sales-thread, and I decided to get it as well.

The US acquisition:
Remember me stating that I'd probably get the S.A.V.E.? No? Yeah: nope, Chuck Testa!
I decided after graduating I wanted to finally get the second season of Strike Witches, and was initially looking at the S.A.V.E. ...
But after some fiddling around looking at prices I decided to look into whether I could afford and get my hands on the LE somehow. From the one thing came the other and BOOM!
So now I can put both seasons of Strike Witches in a nice artbox and keep the filler card together with the Shiki filler card. Pretty awesome, indeed. :3

Nice, in fact reversing the Season 1 cover matches the Season 2 set which is awesome (something the S.A.V.E. edition lacks).

The artbox is very cool and I'll rate it as one of the better artboxes Funimation have put out due to the design.

@Mangaranga, how's the Blu-ray quality for K-On!'s new set. And how much did the Oreimo set cost, just curious (I know it's cheaper than what the Aniplex Import cost provided)?

NormanicGrav said:
@Mangaranga, how's the Blu-ray quality for K-On!'s new set. And how much did the Oreimo set cost, just curious (I know it's cheaper than what the Aniplex Import cost provided)?
It's over 4 discs (with 1 CD), so the Video quality is the same as the JP BD Singles. There's some banding but nothing major.

Oreimo BD is far cheaper to import from Amazon Japan. It's ~£150 including shipping and VAT since Amazon JP has a pre-pay deposit. It'll take about 3 days to arrive.
Broken down:
Product: GBP 118.78
Shipping and handling: GBP 7.75
Import taxes upfront payment GBP 25.30
Order total: GBP 151.83

If you do order, just make sure you select the option to bill you in GBP and not Yen so your bank doesn't charge you too.

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep that in mind. The thing is, every time I look at an item on Amazon it always fells like they only deliver to a specific area in Japan (the drop down list on the item page).

Back