What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

theirsbailiff said:
Joshawott said:
Aye and the Region A release is a double play with that hideous "Blu-ray + DVD Combo Pack!" banner at the top.

We can't win can we?
We could just make our own covers for each anime released.
But that requires me to actually get some more ink for my printer.

Besides, it won't look as pretty as a professionally printed cover...

There should be laws against ratings logos which are that much bigger than the actual series title...

bakum4tsu said:
Very nice Rui but what is that? books? They are too big to be dvds i guess lol

Yeah they are books (doujinshi). There's only one DVD in the picture :)

R

Well not exactly the individual things i've received but more the finished product :)

New spark plugs,
New filters for the heater,
New oil, screen wash, brake fluid and PAS fluid
New bulbs,
Brand new headlight cluster on the drivers side
Rear reg plate light replaced
Rear passenger’s side light bulbs replaced,
Fibre glass used on the underside of the front bumper, filler on the front to fill in a crack from the previous owner
Brand new seat covers, mats, Man Utd air freshener purely to wind up the missus and new rear view mirror,
Brand new slave key as the seller only had the master
WD40 on the doors,
New spare tire (old one was punctured to hell)
Repaired parcel shelf
T cut out small scratches on the paintwork
Thoroughly cleaned interior (fabric cleaner on the seats and car wipes to clean the interior fully, leather cleaner on the wheel with back to black sprayed on door panels)
Washed the car with bumpers on and off + cleaned the engine from dirt

Looks, handles, feels like a brand new car. Not bad to say that me and my dad only spent 7 hours in the freezing cold to bring it back to this standard.

mvn9lk.jpg

That's a good looking car Tach. You've been very thorough with your maintenance* there... I'm of the "wait until something is obviously wrong and fix it then" school (with everything - my plants get watered when I notice they look dead) but looking after things so they don't get into that state in the first place is probably advisable.

*Is that really how you spell that word? Maintain becomes Maintenance? Sometimes English is really f*cking stupid.

My actual anime order still seems to be taking the slow route to my house, and the good people of City-Link didn't bother turning up yet again with my Amazon France stuff, so all I have to show today is another stack of glorious doujinshi and three CDs. The Tatami Galaxy ED single came with mochiguman stickers. The cash-in Eva CD also came with a sticker (not pictured).

R

To be fair, with 99.99% of Eva products, the "Cash-In" part at the beginning isn't needed, because it's already obvious.

Also, the Royal Fail didn't even bother turning up today. They did this last week as well. I want my Cowboy Bebop! At least the UP1 order status on my Toradora volume 2 Premium Edition finally changed though. Hopefully, I'll have picks of one of those up tomorrow 9.9

I'm sure there are members who have bigger houses. Fortunately my main addictions are quite compact, so having millions of them isn't a huge problem. I am lying to myself.

ayase said:
What is that cash-in Eva CD, out of interest?

Asuka's seiyuu singing a cover version of Kokoro Yo Genshi Ni Modore for the official Eva movie tie-in pachinko series. I have never played the pachinko games but I buy all of the CDs slavishly.

R

Cheers Rui. Might pick it up. In the process of making my first YesAsia order in ages and wouldn't want to miss anything I might fancy. Asuka related items tend to fall into that category. Heh.

Rui said:
I'm sure there are members who have bigger houses. Fortunately my main addictions are quite compact, so having millions of them isn't a huge problem. I am lying to myself.

R

I mean you just buying dvds so i barely can imagine how looks your place xD

Still waiting for some kind of collection photos at that thread Rui :p :p :p

ayase said:
That's a good looking car Tach. You've been very thorough with your maintenance* there... I'm of the "wait until something is obviously wrong and fix it then" school (with everything - my plants get watered when I notice they look dead) but looking after things so they don't get into that state in the first place is probably advisable.

Thanks, i'm having to change the battery this weekend aswell because when i got home lastnight and was sat in the car putting the rear view mirror (that had fallen off for some unknown reason) my mum got into the car and proceeded to turn on the interior light, the radio and the dipped headlights - i asked her why she'd done all that knowing that the battery needed a jumpstart the other day to which point she shrugged and went back into the house.... my car is now dead and due to this i went to bed at 8pm to mull over the general idiocy i live with.

The way i see it, the more effort and money i put into the car now, the less chance it has to go wrong later in the game.

Zin5ki said:
Tachi said:
Well not exactly the individual things i've received but more the finished product :)
Let us assess her competitiveness.

78NSb.jpg

You know what? I like that pic so much that i'm going to put it on facebook :p

I applaud the effort and accuracy :lol: Without a doubt it will be in position to take first place within the next turning ;)

Back