What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Not anime but here's my haul from today. That's my weekend sorted.

As always, don't have a proper camera on me so the quality is a bit suspect...And I have to apologise and hope that nobody notices how disturbingly dirty my carpet is. Labrador fur...Despite having hoovered yesterday...

Crystal's box without the slip cover on.

The swag.

From top left to bottom left are 3 art cards which came with the preorder bonus, then top center is the inside of the preorder steelbook with the translated version of the novella (the other side of the steelbook has an illustration of Noel.) Below that is 6 artcards (of which I haven't laid out as 2 of them could be considered spoilers) and the 4 disc OST. Below that is the game, a 3d lenticular art of Lightning and the art book, which again feels quite nice and substantial. Finally at the top right is the shirt but I can't be bothered to get that out right now.

Very nice packaging, even the plastic inside that holds everything together is quite nice as it has feathers carved into the plastic.

Wow, nice. If your going to get a special edition of a game, then that's definitely one of the nicest ones I've seen recently! I bet it wasn't cheap, though.

vashdaman said:
Wow, nice. If your going to get a special edition of a game, then that's definitely one of the nicest ones I've seen recently! I bet it wasn't cheap, though.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that the box it comes in is really sturdy as well. It is a very nicely made LE indeed. The preorder bonus also comes with a code for some ingame stuff too.

Pretty expensive aye. Would normally cost £80 but only set me back £65 on account of family using the game reward card over christmas, for random bits and bobs. Not gonna complain about having some free points to flaunt around, despite not liking or having a good experience with Game's move to their new website lately!

Haul.jpg

Yeah, sadly not the Crystal Edition :( Couldn't find the PS3 version (ordered about a month ago). Think I'm going to hold off playing it since The Last Story is out soon and I have more interest in that (playing two RPGs at the same time is overkill for me).

And the other is to do with the Beez situation.

vashdaman said:
And the other is to do with the Beez situation

So is the Beez situation really true then? They're going under or are you just taking precautions?
Beez are dead. I'm not even sure if they're going the same way as Bandai in that they are making no new licenses and are merely reprinting their essential back catalogue until licenses expire.

Well this is what arrived this morning.
2x Mahoromatic singles (the one in the slipcase I'd got in a random set) £4 to complete the series
Cowboy Bebop Complete
Bamboo Blade Part 2

p1010681.jpg

One thing that made me laugh about Mahoromatic is that for the volume 3 I recieved today, the cover is laughable quality, I mean seriously laughable to the point I wonder if, as that was the last copy, they had run out of proper inserts and threw one together or quickly printed off one in the office.
The art is ALL noticeably low res/blocky, even the MVM logo, and there are typos.
The disc itself looks fine though.

The only other problem with my order reciept today is dvd.co.uk who messed up my Bamboo Blade order first time round, have messed up again in sending me out Part 2 again even though I asked them not to, so I'm going to have to return either HMV's copy, or DVD.co.uk's copy.

It'll probably be the HMV copy which goes back for the simple reason they were very slightly more expensive, but I'm going to wait and make sure DVD.co.uk's second attempt arrives safely before doing so :)

Tenjho Tenge - Volumes 2 - 7 (£1.99 a piece) Always great ordering from MVM in terms of delivery turnover time, ordered Thursday Night, Dispatched Friday Morning, Arrived Saturday Morning.

AkzdyJtCAAA6whm.jpg

Do you receive stuff on saturdays?? In Portugal mail companies dont work at weekends. Well they dont deliver at least.

MrLaserSharkKH said:
Tenjho Tenge - Volumes 2 - 7 (£1.99 a piece) Always great ordering from MVM in terms of delivery turnover time, ordered Thursday Night, Dispatched Friday Morning, Arrived Saturday Morning.

AkzdyJtCAAA6whm.jpg

woo greatl deal. Did you bought them at anime-on-line?

I wanna get that series too.

Edit: AOL just has now vol 2, 3, 5 and 6. :\

Edit: by the way, does anyone knows if tenjou tenge complete set has the ovas or is it just the main series?

bakum4tsu said:
Do you receive stuff on saturdays?? In Portugal mail companies dont work at weekends. Well they dont deliver at least.
Royal Mail mail works on Saturdays, not Sundays though.

Got these today:
2mxpms6.jpg

And sent an e-mail to devoteddvd as Disappearance still hasn't turned up, and Royal Mail have told me that the tracking number I was given has no record of being in their system yet. Not looking good! :x

bakum4tsu said:

Edit: by the way, does anyone knows if tenjou tenge complete set has the ovas or is it just the main series?

Yeah Sorry About that, I definitely know I had the final Copies they had of Both Volumes 4 + 7

The Ultimate Fight OVAs are definitely on there, they are listed on the DVD sets as Episodes 25 + 26

MrLaserSharkKH said:
bakum4tsu said:

Yeah Sorry About that, I definitely know I had the final Copies they had of Both Volumes 4 + 7

The Ultimate Fight OVAs are definitely on there, they are listed on the DVD sets as Episodes 25 + 26

thats ok.

Nice. Regarding the ovas.

I'll just get the boxset.

Parcelforce man came nice and early today. I added some of my Saturday acquisitions to the picture to make it look more respectable. Expecting more stuff from Royal Mail, but I probably won't be able to receive it until Wednesday...

R

Very nice Rui but what is that? books? They are too big to be dvds i guess lol

received today and fast as the first time. up1 is really good.

These are the save edition but i just changed to the inside cover which is much better lol

21jvuj7.jpg

VoxPhantom said:
Haruhi-filled day for me.

2vtscq9.jpg

Relieved to finally have Disappearance, shame about the massive warning symbol though.
Aye and the Region A release is a double play with that hideous "Blu-ray + DVD Combo Pack!" banner at the top.

We can't win can we?

Back