What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

That's the price you gotta pay sometimes for a niche industry.

I know what you mean about crazy shipping though...one time, I randomly tried to see how much it would cost to buy a single manga volume from Amazon.co.jp...with postage it would have been around £35 iirc xD

Todays post:

8a6c2364.jpg

5ba2c9bb.jpg

Such beautiful unmolested artwork on the JP Hanasaku Iroha cases... T_T

Also, I wasn't actually aware of that series until now. You shouldn't judge a DVD by its cover, I know. But I judged it by its cover and then researched it a bit. And would now quite like to see it.

I received some other stuff too (boring things) but I am going out of my way now to complain about .hack//Quantum with a picture. Thanks for nothing, all those people who complained to Funimation about blu-ray discs going in DVD cases!

It's been widely reported but this is my first one, and I'm not that impressed. Funi are now shipping their combo sets in blu-ray cases, but in cardboard slipcases. Except, the slipcases have a hollow section at the bottom to make the package DVD-size. Of course, mine arrived crushed, as is going to always be the case when I order a single item. There's no support at all.

I don't care which sized case they go in but I prefer packaging which arrives looking nice to this accident-prone design, and I hope they go back to DVD cases soon if they need things to be that way for shop shelves...

R

Wait, DVD-sized cardboard sleeve over a blu-ray case? That's silly.

The only FUNi blu-rays I've imported have been the Fairy Tail ones, which are in DVD-sized cases. To be honest though, the FT releases have been the only times I've not hated slipcovers.

Rui said:
I received some other stuff too (boring things) but I am going out of my way now to complain about .hack//Quantum with a picture. Thanks for nothing, all those people who complained to Funimation about blu-ray discs going in DVD cases!

It's been widely reported but this is my first one, and I'm not that impressed. Funi are now shipping their combo sets in blu-ray cases, but in cardboard slipcases.
:eek:

Sorry to hear about your packaging damage Rui, but I can't contain the fact that I am actually overjoyed to hear this. My card slipcases will go in the recycling, and the BD case will take its proper place on the BD shelf. I didn't like buying Funi's DVD sized combos (I don't want the DVD and I certainly don't want it to look like a DVD) the only ones I have are Rideback (LE in a nice rigid case so it doesn't matter so much) and Spice and Wolf 2 (it was cheap). Now, I can import new releases with impunity.

Funimation in "horrible failure of a company" shocker. Your post has at least reminded me that I either forgot to order //QUANTUM, or it is stuck in an order somewhere I have forgotten about, though.

bakum4tsu said:
Kyaku said:
I'd love to see your shelves of LEs from Japan.

Me too :D
I think I have put some pictures up in the "pics of collection" thread before, but I will try to take a couple of new ones and put them up there.

As of Sengoku Basara 2, Funimation's LE packaging is going to be BD-sized as well. They'll come with a removable piece of cardboard that sits along the top of the boxes for those who want to keep the DVD dimensions, but it's bound to look incredibly ******.

Also, maestro, I take it you've seen the art for v2 of HaGaNai? While I definitely like the v1 artwork, as a Sena fan all I can say about v2 is OH MY GOD

fabricatedlunatic said:
As of Sengoku Basara 2, Funimation's LE packaging is going to be BD-sized as well. They'll come with a removable piece of cardboard that sits along the top of the boxes for those who want to keep the DVD dimensions, but it's bound to look incredibly ******.
For once I might have to ditch the slipcovers too.

The fact that Manga's Eden of the East has one but the two movies don't is a constant annoyance for me.

I don't mind for the LEs since I can just throw the stuff away and I'll have a chipboard box, but having to throw away an otherwise perfectly attractive slipcase feels so...ugh.

R

finally!!!!! Around 7 days maybe i dont know. The inside covers are nice. Always appreciate when they have something as back cover or whatever you say in english. :lol:

34zkjlz.jpg

3535co9.jpg

rt4a4w.jpg

Back