What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Yeah, it's the US DtB. I ordered it ages ago, before the UK one was even announced, but it was held up by something else in the same order.

The UK one is missing the blu-ray version, but the US one has space in the box for season one except my season one set won't fit (UK version). So it's a bit annoying either way. I like the box art though.

R

Catherine: Stray Sheep Edition came today from Amazon. I was afraid I wouldn't get it this weekend.

P1000470.jpg

Oh boy!

P1000471.jpg

Looks more like a chip box.

P1000472.jpg

Manly pink t-shirt for manly men such as myself.

P1000474.jpg

Can't have too many coasters.

P1000473.jpg

Been playing it for a couple of hours. This game is freaking hard.

P1000475.jpg

Trying to contain my drool.

Rui said:
Yeah, it's the US DtB. I ordered it ages ago, before the UK one was even announced, but it was held up by something else in the same order.

The UK one is missing the blu-ray version, but the US one has space in the box for season one except my season one set won't fit (UK version). So it's a bit annoying either way. I like the box art though.

R

Yes i know that the first season can fit in the box, saw one unboxing video at youtube. But i have the uk singles so they dont fit too. Its a shame cause i would buy it. For now its a bit expensive for 13 eps and some ovas. Maybe later i dont know.

Some new stuff arrived: The place promised in our early days (BD) and to my surprise Broken Blade (BD), which came a lot earlier than I expected (isn't the release date 21/02?)

2vbkcvp.jpg

1zexc1i.jpg

fjj2pl.jpg

and Baccano! BD limited

zn565t.jpg

Look who finally turned up, thanks for being as slow as ever ParcelForce:

Might have a chance to play with them later, and put actual pics up in the figures thread.

Yay, an unexpectedly quick arrival. Into the shrine it goes.

Took a picture with the tacky free calendar and also with the R2J Animate DVD edition of season 2.

My season 1 blu-ray case doesn't fit inside the box very well with the slipcover, but it's otherwise ok.

R

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Volume 1 Limited Edition:

Apparently the depot was an absolute bitch to find, even with a map. This Limited Edition really is beautiful though. I'd heard some reports of discs rattling and when I received my package, I did hear some rattling, but when I opened it, they were all in place, so all is good:
HNI_0046.jpg

HNI_0047-1.jpg

One thing to note about the back is, it's only stuck on at the top, so you can flick it up to see Kyubey's cute artwork.
HNI_0048-1.jpg

HNI_0049-1.jpg

HNI_0050-1.jpg

HNI_0051-1.jpg

HNI_0052-1.jpg

HNI_0054-1.jpg

HNI_0055-1.jpg

And the other side:
HNI_0056-1.jpg

HNI_0057-1.jpg

Note: These are the exact same size as the Kyubey Valentine's Card (which was bigger than expected)
HNI_0058-1.jpg

And a size comparison:
HNI_0059-1.jpg

And it's a shame I never got to use this, due to not being able to go to the Meet and Greet in America:
HNI_0053-1.jpg

Zin5ki said:
Joshawott said:
And it's a shame I never got to use this, due to not being able to go to the Meet and Greet in America
Might it have a non-trival resale value?
Not sure. All I know is, there was a Meet and Greet event in America where you could meet the US voice actresses and you needed a proof of purchase. Other than that, I guess it could be seen as a "Business Card of Authenticity" thing.

A lot of those Aniplex USA proof of purchase cards have never had a function at all, so it is probably worth hanging onto it. Just in case...

I got a red slip from Royal Mail today, but I don't think it's my Madoka yet, so I'll just gawp at the lovingly photographed one above.

R

Back