What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

It does not surprise me you do. But you still come off as being boastful, greedy and pathetic.
I take it you didn’t get one of the box sets shown? That is a shame, however people sometimes buy multiples of items for various reasons which aren’t for reselling.
Making a personal attack on someone because of it is rather childish. If he paid the asking price for something and wants more than 1 copy that’s up to him. He’s clearly not scalping them, otherwise he would have sold them already.

tjSBJSAh.jpg

DanMachi fun continues with Sword Oratoria: Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side. It took a lot longer than I had imagined arriving. I ordered this from Rightstuf's 32-bit Summer sale for $38.99 (plus $22.74 postage and eventually £15.92 customs) and it survived in great condition considering it has officially gone out of print and sold out on both Sentai and Rightstuf's own stores. There's nothing wrong with owning the UK MVM version, but I wanted to keep the consistency with the franchise under the same publisher (to recap I own the limited edition releases for the main series and its OVA special).

You can find more photos and specs for this set over on my blog.

nNpZ3lAh.jpg

Also arriving today (6pm to be exact) is the third light novel volume for the series Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest.

Here's the first three volumes together:

xlnpCsuh.jpg

WrAEz0eh.jpg

Just to reiterate, this can get an English dub but My hero Academia and Attack On Titan games April apparently can’t!

6083F9B6-1533-4B31-A2B0-F71FD9D2BB6F.jpeg

I also got Fire Emblem Three Houses but as a download.

Just to reiterate, this can get an English dub but My hero Academia and Attack On Titan games April apparently can’t!

View attachment 9662

I also got Fire Emblem Three Houses but as a download.

Just a hypothesis, but Kill la Kill is a Bang Zoom dub, hired guns if you will, whereas MHA and AoT are dubbed by Funimation's in house studio, which only dubs anime licenced by Funimation themselves. They don't farm out their studio to outside work like Bang Zoom do to my knowledge.

Just a hypothesis, but Kill la Kill is a Bang Zoom dub, hired guns if you will, whereas MHA and AoT are dubbed by Funimation's in house studio, which only dubs anime licenced by Funimation themselves. They don't farm out their studio to outside work like Bang Zoom do to my knowledge.

It hasn't stopped the Dragon Ball games getting dubbed though, I don't believe any one company holds exclusive rights to any one actors portrayal of a character.

It hasn't stopped the Dragon Ball games getting dubbed though, I don't believe any one company holds exclusive rights to any one actors portrayal of a character.

True, but I’m not sure if it’s age might make it an outlier, or perhaps it’s popularity. Whatever it is, I think there’s definitely a link between the dub production house and the games that get dubbed.

I'm not sure Funimation are even involved, I don't remember their name in FighterZ. There wee criticisms of its translation. A few odd or clunky lines that wouldn't be typical of Funimation so I'm thinking it was just Bandai handling it.

Dragon Balls dub is actually outsourced to Christopher Sabats production company.

Probably too many vested interests to do it any other way between Funi, Bandai and Disney.

Last edited:
Huh? Weird then, Bandai jay have just fiddled with the script then.

I'm also pretty sure Ohe Piece games were dubbed with the Funimation cast at one point. And Naruto's games are usually dubbed too and Viz are also a studio that produce for themselves.

This is the trouble with niche industries like this, we're left to 'guess' how they work. Not helped by all the things it does that don't seem to jake much sense.

Yup, MHA and AoT games will forever be confusing as in why you're not given a choice, virtually every game coming out officially is giving the dub.
Fate/extella doesn't give you the choice, either, I don't think it's been as popular as the other games though

Back