What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I received the two replacement discs here in the US today for AL's Your Name CE box set and Steelbook versions today, after missing them yesterday due to the package needing a signature...

yn2replace.jpg

I also made a random purchase from a member of another anime forum; this was basically just to add a second Paul Champagne custom box to my collection, to go along with my one-off Twelve Kingdoms Blu-ray Box he made for me a few years ago. I already own four different copies of this series, so this one makes five, lol... Escaflowne 8-volume DVD set with Paul Champagne custom aluminum box:

escachampbox1.jpg

escachampbox2.jpg

And yes, it's a mecha title, one of the very few I actually like, despite all the giant doof-bots in it.
Nice to see another Paul Champagne box.
I have the gasaraki box but missed out on his evangelion box.
Its a shame he no longer does them. 😭

What are these Paul Champagne boxes? Just some special aluminium boxes or something?

Yes, the guy used to make custom aluminum storage boxes for DVD sets. Some he designed and made a small run for general sale, like the Escaflowne and Gasaraki boxes above, and some he made as one-offs by request. His equipment broke down and he decided to stop making them a couple years ago, just as me and another guy were designing a box for him to make for us for the JP Space Battleship Yamato 2199 Blu-ray singles. The only box I commissioned him to make just for me was for the US Blu-ray set for The Twelve Kingdoms - I'm just glad I was able to get a Champagne box done for one of my favorite series in my anime collection:

12kingchamp1.jpg

12kingchamp2.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, the guy used to make custom aluminum storage boxes for DVD sets. Some he designed and made a small run for general sale, like the Escaflowne and Gasaraki boxes above, and some he made as one-offs by request. His equipment broke down and he decided to stop making them a couple years ago, just as me and another guy were designing a box for him to make for us for the JP Space Battleship Yamato 2199 Blu-ray singles. The only box I commissioned him to make just for me was for the US Blu-ray set for The Twelve Kingdoms - so I'm glad I was able to at least get that one made for one of my favorite series in my anime collection:

12kingchamp1.jpg

12kingchamp2.jpg
He tried to crowd fund for a new machine but didn't get to his target and unfortunately had to pull the plug.
I'm surprised an anime company didn't pick him up as his sets are great.

Today from Amazon Japan: Two Pokemon schedule books(start in October 2018 end December 2019) gonna use them for my studying,also cool they've got a protective sleeve on them. Two Moncolle Pokemon figures Flareon and Umbreon. A Mareep Mofu-Mofu plush super cute and soft from the Mofu- Mofu line. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Adventure Great Days CD.
From Bookdepository Plum Crazy: Tales of a tiger-striped cat Volume 2(Got Volume 1 and 3 a few days ago)
IMG_0864.JPGIMG_0865.JPGIMG_0871.JPGIMG_0866.JPGIMG_0870.JPG

Today from Amazon Japan: Two Pokemon schedule books(start in October 2018 end December 2019) gonna use them for my studying,also cool they've got a protective sleeve on them. Two Moncolle Pokemon figures Flareon and Umbreon. A Mareep Mofu-Mofu plush super cute and soft from the Mofu- Mofu line. Jojo's Bizarre pAdventure Adventure Great Days CD.
From Bookdepository Plum Crazy: Tales of a tiger-striped cat Volume 2(Got Volume 1 and 3 a few days ago)
View attachment 5565View attachment 5566View attachment 5572View attachment 5567View attachment 5571
Omg super cute Poke-goodies! ✌😺

Back